IGNORED

Potential Bristol City podcast.

JamesBCFC

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster!

@JamesBCFC seems to be after a full time host, I'm happy to step forward and volunteer.

I do presenting on community radio for FromeFM (done shows before but now about to start on a weekly breakfast show) and have also done previous radio work at Somer valley FM. My main passion is stand-up, which after a hiatus I'm just getting back into (although not at any high level or anything!)

Basically I like to talk into microphones for fun and support City.

Unfortunately I work weekends so don't get to watch much football anymore, but I'm happy to host the show and keep it moving along. I'm based in Frome so any recording would have to be over skype, though I have got half decent recording equipment on my end.

Let me know if you'd like my input :thumbsup:

We're gonna try do it every week. Maybe sunday after the game. We want a chilled and merry discussion kind of vibe.

I saw people would be willing to help us out with all kind of things like editing, social media or creating logos etc. and thats so wicked.

Just need to find 3 microphones that aren't ridiculously expensive. As we begin to get it all sorted I'll reach out on here for help with the various tasks.

To follow up on what I said before (sorry - been a busy couple of days!), I'm definitely up for hosting / guesting, and I have a good mic we / I can use whether we do it in person or over Skype. I might not have the time to dedicate to running the whole show behind the scenes on the editing and production / publishing side of things but I'm well up for being on the show in whatever capacity. 

(For those who didn't see before, I do similarish stuff to this but in entertainment journalism for my job, though that's more YouTube than podcast-based)

12 hours ago, Shtanley said:

We're gonna try do it every week. Maybe sunday after the game. We want a chilled and merry discussion kind of vibe.

I saw people would be willing to help us out with all kind of things like editing, social media or creating logos etc. and thats so wicked.

Just need to find 3 microphones that aren't ridiculously expensive. As we begin to get it all sorted I'll reach out on here for help with the various tasks.

Just had a quiet period so thought I'd collate the thread into something. Firstly @Shtanley seems to have a pretty advanced idea so I would suggest we all get behind him and drive that forward rather than start again from scratch.

Then, to summarise:

Firm offers to host have come from @Youngish @Negan and @Bartolona Jnr, and a number of others have mentioned it but largely ruled themselves out.

Offers of assistance with production have come from @JamesBCFC @Negan and @Ben4BCFC

Guests could be @JamesBCFC @Forever Red 94 @Woodsy myself and pretty much any of the guys who have offered to host.

General assistance and kit offers from @RedSA @Norn Iron @iamalagerdrinker and @ollywhyte and @Tammys Scan for the graphics side of things.

Then as for a name.  I think you'd need to steer clear of anything too similar to "Robins on a Wire" for obvious reasons.  There's been some decent suggestions on here and (shamelessly plagiarised) perhaps "Chat, Fans and Robins" would work.  It needs to be short and sweet and kind of clear that it's about City.

Hope that helps and best of luck to @Shtanley

Apologies if I have missed anyone's offers of assistance.

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just had a quiet period so thought I'd collate the thread into something. Firstly @Shtanley seems to have a pretty advanced idea so I would suggest we all get behind him and drive that forward rather than start again from scratch.

Then, to summarise:

Firm offers to host have come from @Youngish @Negan and @Bartolona Jnr, and a number of others have mentioned it but largely ruled themselves out.

Offers of assistance with production have come from @JamesBCFC @Negan and @Ben4BCFC

Guests could be @JamesBCFC @Forever Red 94 @Woodsy myself and pretty much any of the guys who have offered to host.

General assistance and kit offers from @RedSA @Norn Iron @iamalagerdrinker and @ollywhyte and @Tammys Scan for the graphics side of things.

Then as for a name.  I think you'd need to steer clear of anything too similar to "Robins on a Wire" for obvious reasons.  There's been some decent suggestions on here and (shamelessly plagiarised) perhaps "Chat, Fans and Robins" would work.  It needs to be short and sweet and kind of clear that it's about City.

Hope that helps and best of luck to @Shtanley

Apologies if I have missed anyone's offers of assistance.

Nice, that's helpful! Is there some way we can create a message thread somewhere so we can all talk about this in a more streamlined way and get this off the ground? :)

Archived