IGNORED

Today's closed doors friendly (Merged)

Desso

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Potentially a closed door friendly against another side potentially, relaxed rules with unlimited subs etc 

I would expect us to be doing something like this over the international break, not least to get some minutes into Pisano and one or 2 others who may need a run out (O'Neil etc...)

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Game time for Eros and Milan as well I guess? I'm not sure what the 'put a few things right' is though.

Any ideas?

We conceded a goal. It's only right that we work the reasons for that and try and improve, further. 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Managers say that players cant cope with 2 games a week and need a break.  When a break comes, we arrange a practice match.  Which is it?

Nothing like the intensity of a competitive game. Lots of stoppages for coaching points and so on.

Doubtless the players will get a few days off as well.

• Admin

See we beat Swindon 4-0 with a mix and match side out 

Bristol City XI: Steele, Vyner, Flint (Harvey Smith 46), Pack (Baldwin 70), Baker (Bryan 46 (Morton 70)), Brownhill (Holden 46), Reid (Bakinson 46), Paterson (Edwards 46), Eliasson, Woodrow, Garita (Andrews 46). 

One thing that caught my eye was that Joe Bryan came on as a sub at half time and was then replaced 24 minutes later . . . 

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

See we beat Swindon 4-0 with a mix and match side out 

Bristol City XI: Steele, Vyner, Flint (Harvey Smith 46), Pack (Baldwin 70), Baker (Bryan 46 (Morton 70)), Brownhill (Holden 46), Reid (Bakinson 46), Paterson (Edwards 46), Eliasson, Woodrow, Garita (Andrews 46). 

One thing that caught my eye was that Joe Bryan came on as a sub at half time and was then replaced 24 minutes later . . . 

On for Baker?

Looks like we experimented formation wise. Hopefully thats all there was to it.

Worst case is a lengthy injury which would be bad.

Was it a 3-4-3 experiment?

.                     Steele

.           Vyner. Flint. Baker

Paterson.  Pack Brownhill.   Eliasson 

.                    Reid

.             Woodrow. Garita

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

3-4-3..............looks a bit 3-4-1-2 to me......anyways Harvey smith gotta be a good jumper.......

15 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Anyone else surprised we are risking first team players like Reid, Flint, Patterson and Pack in a friendly after a gruelling September - I see the need to give some players game time, but why risk injury against a Swindon reserve team?

The one I would be worried about is Joe Bryan. Looks like he came on at half time and was then substituted 25 mins later.

17 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The plan b we need is how to get started when we face our own tactics

That's exactly what Millwall and Brum, second half, did to us.  I'm not clear why all teams aren't pressing our defenders mercilessly.*

*If you are reading this Colin, I'm joking isn't it.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

if it was behind closed doors how has this info come out ?

11 minutes ago, Chivs said:

That's exactly what Millwall and Brum, second half, did to us.  I'm not clear why all teams aren't pressing our defenders mercilessly.*

*If you are reading this Colin, I'm joking isn't it.

Cause that leaves space for us to exploit I would guess. We have players capable of finding the space and hurting teams quickly after the initial turn over. COYR 

Few thoughts from me;

Very surprised at some of the starters, Reid, Bryan, Paterson and Baker in particular have already played a lot of first team games.

Very surprised that Hegeler didn't feature here at all, as he has had comparatively very little game time of late...

Finally Pisano must still be some way from fitness if he didn't play a part at all in this game.

Archived