IGNORED

Gary O'Neil

Londoner

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I have never really understood what all the fuss is about with him, whilst he's been here. Just seems to slow our game down tbh.

Agreed. All in, it has been a pretty dreadful signing. Ineffective when played and barely fit (and I doubt ever really match fit). I seriously doubt SL is going to sanction another pension fund, though I thought that before GON came. 

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I have never really understood what all the fuss is about with him, whilst he's been here. Just seems to slow our game down tbh.

I agree, I think his best role has been the experienced pro role model off the pitch.

52 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Agreed. All in, it has been a pretty dreadful signing. Ineffective when played and barely fit (and I doubt ever really match fit). I seriously doubt SL is going to sanction another pension fund, though I thought that before GON came. 

Dreadful signing I for one reckon we wouldn't have picked up those points at the start of the season if it wasn't for his nouse and control in the middle of the pitch.

47 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Dreadful signing I for one reckon we wouldn't have picked up those points at the start of the season if it wasn't for his nouse and control in the middle of the pitch.

... Martyn Woolford scored for us, good signing it did not make him. Lee Tomlin also won us points last year. 

He came in, big contract, started promisingly but burned out very quickly and didn't really contribute on or off the pitch thereafter. It is really a dreadful signing, gotta kiss some frogs though :)

It makes me wonder, he probably has a big impact on the dressing room, he seems like a good pro. I am not a big fan of his though, think he'll be off by the end of the season, or even get shipped off to League 1 in January.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I don’t think he did slow the game down.  I always saw him as receive, control, pass, move.  Always gave angles, drove the team forward.  Unfortunately, most of that came early in his time here.

As someone who was blighted by injuries, and the niggles and persistent fluid on knees after games and training, I sympathise with him.  No player sets out to not play (except Bogarde at Chelsea), and I imsgine he’s been very frustrated.

I understand that for a large proportion of just season, he went and helped the Academy teams, so didn’t sit on his ar$e, "stealing a wage" as some would imagine.

Don’t get me wrong, I expected more, but it looks like it just caught up with him.  Shame.  Would like to see him be an influence off the pitch.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It makes me wonder, he probably has a big impact on the dressing room, he seems like a good pro. I am not a big fan of his though, think he'll be off by the end of the season, or even get shipped off to League 1 in January.

Millwall I reckon if they`re struggling. They`re his boyhood club and I would think Neil Harris would value his help on and off the pitch.

I`ve thought this ever since he was on Danny Baker a few weeks ago with some of the things he said.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Millwall I reckon if they`re struggling. They`re his boyhood club and I would think Neil Harris would value his help on and off the pitch.

I`ve thought this ever since he was on Danny Baker a few weeks ago with some of the things he said.

That's a reasonable shout actually, can't imagine he'd turn that opportunity down.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he did slow the game down.  I always saw him as receive, control, pass, move.  Always gave angles, drove the team forward.  Unfortunately, most of that came early in his time here.

As someone who was blighted by injuries, and the niggles and persistent fluid on knees after games and training, I sympathise with him.  No player sets out to not play (except Bogarde at Chelsea), and I imsgine he’s been very frustrated.

I understand that for a large proportion of just season, he went and helped the Academy teams, so didn’t sit on his ar$e, "stealing a wage" as some would imagine.

Don’t get me wrong, I expected more, but it looks like it just caught up with him.  Shame.  Would like to see him be an influence off the pitch.

We will have to agree to disagree Dave.;)

57 minutes ago, 29AR said:

... Martyn Woolford scored for us, good signing it did not make him. Lee Tomlin also won us points last year. 

He came in, big contract, started promisingly but burned out very quickly and didn't really contribute on or off the pitch thereafter. It is really a dreadful signing, gotta kiss some frogs though :)

Whatever floats your boat.

Archived