IGNORED

Harry to Yeovil!!

Zip Nolan

42 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Do Yeovil have a spare £20m for him to waste then?

Wahey! Another one who believes what they read in the media and has no idea of the truth! Never ceases to amaze me how many people think he 'ruins' the clubs he managed!! Here's a few examples to prove you wrong...

Harry bought Glen Johnson for £4m for Pompey, sold him to Liverpool for £17.5m

Harry bought Lassana Diarra for £5.5m for Pompey, sold him to Real Madrid less than a year later for £18.8m

Harry bought Sulley Muntari for £7.1m for Pompey, sold him to Inter Milan two years later for £13.6m

Harry bought Jermain Defoe for £6m for Pompey, he was sold to Spurs for £15.75m

Wasting money or generating huge profits?

Loads on here 'creamed' when we sold JK to Villa with a potential £13m profit....Harry has done that for years, whilst never 'ruining' any club he has managed and whilst never being found guilty of any financial misdemeanours...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wahey! Another one who believes what they read in the media and has no idea of the truth! Never ceases to amaze me how many people think he 'ruins' the clubs he managed!! Here's a few examples to prove you wrong...

Harry bought Lassana Diarra for £5.5m for Pompey, sold him to Real Madrid less than a year later for £18.8m

Harry bought Sulley Muntari for £7.1m for Pompey, sold him to Inter Milan two years later for £13.6m

Loads on here 'creamed' when we sold JK to Villa with a potential £13m profit....Harry has done that for years, whilst never 'ruining' any club he has managed and whilst never being found guilty of any financial misdemeanours...

Huh'hum. Portsmouth. 

Im sure the companies lucky to get a penny for every pound owed are happy with that. 

The bloke cant go anywhere without spending small fortunes. Without proper cash backing he aint nothing. 

He's a 'name' in the media cos hes a crafty cockney and they love him. Barely done a thing in the game. And being Harry Houdini in the relegation game isnt success!

8 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Huh'hum. Portsmouth. 

Im sure the companies lucky to get a penny for every pound owed are happy with that. 

The bloke cant go anywhere without spending small fortunes. Without proper cash backing he aint nothing. 

He's a 'name' in the media cos hes a crafty cockney and they love him. Barely done a thing in the game. And being Harry Houdini in the relegation game isnt success!

"Barely done a thing in the game..." HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

"Without proper cash backing he ain't nothing"....he promoted Bournemouth to the second tier for the first time in their history in 1986/87 by winning a division with a tiny budget...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair his managerial record in terms of trophies for his stature is actually not that great. An FA Cup in 2008, did he win a league cup at any point? (Asking 'cos I genuinely don't know). His Spurs time was spectacular though.

9 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

To be fair his managerial record in terms of trophies for his stature is actually not that great. An FA Cup in 2008, did he win a league cup at any point? (Asking 'cos I genuinely don't know). His Spurs time was spectacular though.

Thanks for the reply....I'm not that impressed by trophies to be fair, one off cup ties can go either way. But Redknapp took Pompey into the Premier League and kept them up whilst the two other clubs who went up with them, with more resources, both went straight back down.

He took over a dreadful QPR team, they got relegated from the Premier League but Harry took them straight back up the next season.

He took Bournemouth into the second tier of English football for the first time in their history - as champions.

He took Spurs into the Champions League for the first time in their history....and they had some memorable nights/results 

etc etc etc 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for the reply....I'm not that impressed by trophies to be fair, one off cup ties can go either way. But Redknapp took Pompey into the Premier League and kept them up whilst the two other clubs who went up with them, with more resources, both went straight back down.

He took over a dreadful QPR team, they got relegated from the Premier League but Harry took them straight back up the next season.

He took Bournemouth into the second tier of English football for the first time in their history - as champions.

He took Spurs into the Champions League for the first time in their history....and they had some memorable nights/results 

etc etc etc 

Yes I don't doubt he's a good manager, but was surprised when I saw how few trophies he had won!

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeah all that worked out well for them didn't it?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"Without proper cash backing he ain't nothing"....he promoted Bournemouth to the second tier for the first time in their history in 1986/87 by winning a division with a tiny budget...

@nickolas your silence is deafening....and what he did with Bournemouth is pretty much the same as what Cotts did with us, winning the third div and promoting us to the second tier...Harry doing this with with Bournemouth is arguably much more impressive given the financial restrictions under which he had to work and the fact Bournemouth had never been up there before...bet you cheered Cotts for winning the third div yet when Harry did it you say  " he ain't nothing" .... double standards!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In his second spell at Portsmouth, he spent £45million more than he recouped in transfer fees. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@nickolas your silence is deafening....and what he did with Bournemouth is pretty much the same as what Cotts did with us, winning the third div and promoting us to the second tier...Harry doing this with with Bournemouth is arguably much more impressive given the financial restrictions under which he had to work and the fact Bournemouth had never been up there before...bet you cheered Cotts for winning the third div yet when Harry did it you say  " he ain't nothing" .... double standards!

Not deafening at all. I just dont see the 'arry hype. Cotts had a huge budget for L1 standards and bought the cream of L1 to get us up. Not the same budgetary issues at all. 

Hes spends sh1t loads, wages are astronomical for the clubs he's been at in recent past and nie on zero trophies. Very successful. And he talks himself up for England manager. He should fit in nicely with a no-trophies kind of career!

52 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

It annoys me too @BS4 on Tour...

My bosses sister is Harry Redknapp PA so we tend to get involved with Harry Redknapp a lot and sponsor his charity events. We recently sponsored an event he put on for a lad that was terminally ill. Literally spent a few evening with him and you honestly couldn't meet a nicer guy.

People will just read the media and run with it. Fantastic man who does a lot in his spare time for charity. He genuinely loves the game and people tend to forget that he doesn't actually sign the cheques!!! Top bloke.  

Isn't his dog who signs the cheques isn't it?

1 hour ago, Raging_Robin said:

It annoys me too @BS4 on Tour...

My bosses sister is Harry Redknapp PA so we tend to get involved with Harry Redknapp a lot and sponsor his charity events. We recently sponsored an event he put on for a lad that was terminally ill. Literally spent a few evening with him and you honestly couldn't meet a nicer guy.

People will just read the media and run with it. Fantastic man who does a lot in his spare time for charity. He genuinely loves the game and people tend to forget that he doesn't actually sign the cheques!!! Top bloke.  

There was that panorma documentary based around him and allardyce about the agent and signing on fees. Allardyce did allude to the fact that there were several other managers in the prem who did the same 'practice'.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, but why cloud the issue with truth and fact ?

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

In his second spell at Portsmouth, he spent £45million more than he recouped in transfer fees. 

Think you've got that the wrong way round - he spent £68m and sold players for over £100m in his second spell at Pompey...

His transfer dealings are another myth with lots suggesting he ruins clubs and leaves them drained financially...have a look at these stats:

As Bournemouth boss he bought players for £1.12m and sold players for £1.77m

As West Ham boss he bought players for £52m and sold players for £77m

As Pompey boss first time around he bought players for £7.65m and sold players for £5.4m

As Southampton boss he bought players for £2.5m and sold players for £16m

As Pompey boss second time around he bought players for £68m and sold players for £100m

As Spurs boss he bought players for £227m and sold players for £230m

Archived