IGNORED

Lee Johnson on Radio 5

JamesBCFC

LJ saying he was potentially guilty of trying to find the magic formula when we were in the play offs last season after 15 games to be able to win 7 or so on the bounce and got carried away a bit with the dream of promotion where in reality perhaps he didn't need to change from what was working. 

Interesting that. Asked about why he thought he hung on to his job, response was about genuinely believing in what you're doing. As @hodge said, good little insight in to the "over-coaching" thing, but not too much new information.

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

I don't think they said we were unbeaten when LJ was on as I think he'd have corrected them.

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I didnt hear the whole show, missed the LJ bit, but a bit later said "we had Lee Johnson on earlier whose Bristol City side is unbeaten"

11 hours ago, hodge said:

LJ saying he was potentially guilty of trying to find the magic formula when we were in the play offs last season after 15 games to be able to win 7 or so on the bounce and got carried away a bit with the dream of promotion where in reality perhaps he didn't need to change from what was working. 

It's interesting to hear his comments on where he felt he went wrong last season, and hopefully by acknowledging this he won't make the same mistakes again.

I said last season that for me Johnson was trying to be too clever and complicate things and that was possibly his downfall along with negative influences writhin the squad. I don't think we can underestimate the impact of Jamie Mac and we look very solid at the back this year.

Archived