IGNORED

Non League Day

Selred

If anyone is at a loose end and missing some grass roots football - this Saturday is Groundhopper Day again in the Toolstation League. Early birds are:

Welton R v Keynsham T, 10:45

followed by

Radstock T v Oldland Abbots, 13:30

Then all the main 3pm games, and finished off with

Odd Down v Bitton, 16:30

Hengrove A v Street, 19:45

Anyone thinking of giving the telly a miss?

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

If anyone is at a loose end and missing some grass roots football - this Saturday is Groundhopper Day again in the Toolstation League. Early birds are:

Welton R v Keynsham T, 10:45

followed by

Radstock T v Oldland Abbots, 13:30

Then all the main 3pm games, and finished off with

Odd Down v Bitton, 16:30

Hengrove A v Street, 19:45

Anyone thinking of giving the telly a miss?

I'll be at Odd Down - Bitton. Wouldn't be able to get through the week without some kind of football.

Correction:

Saturday evening's game is 

Hengrove A v Hallen - 19:45

(Hengrove v Street was last night's game - apologies! The match was closely fought and heading for a no-score draw until Street hit a winner very deep into stoppage time.)

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:31, Selred said:

Anyone going to any non league games this weekend?

I'm thinking about going to Welling (my local team) vs Chippenham. Anyone recommend any Chippenham players to look out for? I know they had Mings a few years back. 

Been to a few Chippenham Town games this year.  As others have said, Jake Andrews was on loan and did very well.  I'm curious as to why City recalled him as I would have thought his development was best served by continuing to play for Chip.

Chippenham's stand out player in my view is David Pratt, their striker.  He dropped a level from rivals Bath to play for Chippenham last year before their promotion, but still looks their best player in Conference South.  He has a bit of class at this level.

Interestingly, Chippenham also have a goalkeeper on loan from Chelsea who trains with the Chelsea first team squad during the week, and just shows up for games!

I'm not from Chippenham originally but I've adopted them as my non-league team of choice having been here for 11 years.  They're a great little club.  Although I do think £12 for Conference South football is a bit steep!

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Been to a few Chippenham Town games this year.  As others have said, Jake Andrews was on loan and did very well.  I'm curious as to why City recalled him as I would have thought his development was best served by continuing to play for Chip.

Chippenham's stand out player in my view is David Pratt, their striker.  He dropped a level from rivals Bath to play for Chippenham last year before their promotion, but still looks their best player in Conference South.  He has a bit of class at this level.

Interestingly, Chippenham also have a goalkeeper on loan from Chelsea who trains with the Chelsea first team squad during the week, and just shows up for games!

I'm not from Chippenham originally but I've adopted them as my non-league team of choice having been here for 11 years.  They're a great little club.  Although I do think £12 for Conference South football is a bit steep!

£12 wow...

i remember when they charged about £5

Archived