IGNORED

Golf Memberships

winterbournered

After some advice on Golf memberships! Where do the rest on you fellow golfers play? Who does the best deals? 

I've been looking at Woodlands mainly because Mangotsfield and Woodspring come under the same group! Kind of 3 for the price of 1. Anyone else have one of these? Any good? 

Or, are there any other similar memberships that incorporate more than one course/venue? 

Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

After some advice on Golf memberships! Where do the rest on you fellow golfers play? Who does the best deals? 

I've been looking at Woodlands mainly because Mangotsfield and Woodspring come under the same group! Kind of 3 for the price of 1. Anyone else have one of these? Any good? 

Or, are there any other similar memberships that incorporate more than one course/venue? 

Thanks in advance.

This may not be the advice you wanted to hear ..............

DO NOT buy a golf membership.

INSTEAD, spend some time with your partner. If you can't face doing this, spend the money on therapy to get to the bottom of why you hate your partner, and are - fundamentally - a self-centred, nasty-jumper wearing sociopath.

At least think about it?

tfj

Unless you are looking to join in with the social side of things,I'd be inclined to keep playing different courses. I joined a club a couple of years ago and though it was great and I improved,I felt compelled to go as much as I could to get my moneys worth. Soon began to wish for the end of the year so I could play some others again.

2 hours ago, DKM Len said:

Unless you are looking to join in with the social side of things,I'd be inclined to keep playing different courses. I joined a club a couple of years ago and though it was great and I improved,I felt compelled to go as much as I could to get my moneys worth. Soon began to wish for the end of the year so I could play some others again.

Agree with this. Never bothered with membership as I don't want to play the same course all the time. So many great courses in the region.

23 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

This may not be the advice you wanted to hear ..............

DO NOT buy a golf membership.

INSTEAD, spend some time with your partner. If you can't face doing this, spend the money on therapy to get to the bottom of why you hate your partner, and are - fundamentally - a self-centred, nasty-jumper wearing sociopath.

At least think about it?

tfj

Says the man who knows Golf only as a car. Oh dear Knobby you have surpassed your own stupidity once again. 

Until recently I had a membership at Lansdown but always kept an eye out for competition matches. If, for example, Lansdown were playing the Players at home, the opposition offer a number of courtesies where the home course members can play the visiting teams course for next to nothing. It meant I could play different courses without it costing me too much.

The Mango / Woodspring / Woodlands deal is pretty good to be fair as there are 4 courses included but you have to play enough to warrant the cost. I stopped playing so often so it just wasn't worth it. 

Be careful of joining fees as well, quite a few courses still have them but I don't think the deal you mention does.

Used to be a member of the Kendleshire. Friendly, good course and offers on for part memberships. Few City lads used to be members, though I let mine lapse a few years back, just didn't have the time. Depends what you want really, quality course or choice of courses. Playing different courses can work out dearer but if you only get out once a fortnight or so it's the way I used to do it.

Archived