IGNORED

The fans have spoken; scrap the EFL Trophy.

22A

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

I always hated being in the Micky Mouse Cup in whatever guise. It just reminded me that City were a lower league team.

So uninterested was I that I never bothered with the day out at Wembley last time. 

I wasn't going to bother going to Wembley last time, been there done that before and the Milstad, besides i don't really like the new Wembley.

I only went after the offer of a ticket and a lift, to be honest i was bored even after winning 2 nill!

I don't want this club ever being involved with this mickey mouse cup again.

On 4 October 2017 at 19:44, Septic Peg said:

Still think we should be given the trophy permanently like Brazil got the Jules Rimet. 

Just out of interest there was an article in our local paper recently saying that we (Stoke) kept the original Auto Windscreens Shield after our final in 2000. This was due to the sponsors changing for the following year's tournament.

As Jim Bowen would have said, " Look at what you could've won!" :banana:

4 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Just out of interest there was an article in our local paper recently saying that we (Stoke) kept the original Auto Windscreens Shield after our final in 2000. This was due to the sponsors changing for the following year's tournament.

Thanks for the gentle reminder...

:punish:

7 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Now if that was the FA Cup I'd have been impressed..........as for any Mickey Mouse cup - you're welcome to it.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now if that was the FA Cup I'd have been impressed..........as for any Mickey Mouse cup - you're welcome to it.

Reserve teams of Southern based league teams used to play in The Football Combination and it had two divisions. In 1965 City's reserves won the 2nd Division. and received a trophy. That Summer, several clubs dropped out and the 2nd Division was scrapped. City asked the league what happens to the trophy and we're told to keep it. Over 50 years later, is it still in our trophy cabinet?

2 hours ago, Dreamkiller said:

They are going to let US keep the paintpot.

• Admin

Just saw the semi final draw on Sky

Lincoln Vs Chelsea U21's

Shrewsbury Vs Yeovil / Fleetwood

Hadn't realised that they had abolished the North / South split, that was kind of what kept it interesting

The tournament was kind of saved last year with Coventry taking 30k+ to Wembley, but it looks doomed for a tin pot attendance this year

Genuinely unbelievable that this is still going.

Bin any chance of a League 1/League 2 side getting to see a cup run culminating in a Wembley final.

Whoevers in charge of marketing at Johnston's Paint played a blinder in withdrawing sponsorship.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it’s clubs that have a certain academy level / grade, but I’m sure I’ll be corrected.

Think its all Prem clubs with tier 1 academies get the original invite, then if some turn down the gets offered to championship clubs with tier 1 academies. 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Needlessly killed by the FA and premier league. What was wrong with having a cup competition contested by lower league clubs.

What next, scrap the vase and the trophy??? 

******* hate premier league club owners. 

Nothing to do with the Premier League. The Football League voted on the new format, then voted to keep it as well.

By all means hate the PL, but... ;)

Archived