IGNORED

Lee Johnson on Soccer Saturday Panel

The hand of RO'D

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I wish he would keep his nut down,he was pimping himself out to all the press last season when we had a good start and then done a lord lucan when things went tits up

The first bit is true, the last bit untrue really. He didn't hide when it went wrong. I rememeber all those uncomfortable R Bristol interviews. BUT I do know what you are saying too. We can in fact start by letting someone else get Manager of the Month, I think.

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I wish he would keep his nut down,he was pimping himself out to all the press last season when we had a good start and then done a lord lucan when things went tits up

Spot on.

He was doing interviews all over the place at precisely the same point last season, and then it all went tits up.

I think it gets on players' nerves seeing their gaffer bigging himself up (even if just implicitly) in the media. He should keep his head down and fly under the radar.

6 hours ago, husshen said:

Spot on.

He was doing interviews all over the place at precisely the same point last season, and then it all went tits up.

I think it gets on players' nerves seeing their gaffer bigging himself up (even if just implicitly) in the media. He should keep his head down and fly under the radar.

I think if you're doing well you get more interviews. 

8 hours ago, husshen said:

Spot on.

He was being criticised on here only a week ago for not doing the post match interviews. The guy can't win.

I wouldn't be surprised if doing this show is part of the deal for the Manager of the Month award, it seems awfully convenient timing on the part of Sky otherwise.

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Both parts of that are wrong. He was invited to take part on Soccer Saturday and he didn’t hide when it was bad last season.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

He can scout Bodin ready for our 150k bid in Jan 

Are we not allowed to bid for rovers players, due to the MT situation? Or did I misread information.... anyways it's beautiful watching their demise without a goalscorer. 300k and laughing . They spend around that on Nicholls...who is yet to register a goal. Love it

6 minutes ago, BookEnd said:

Are we not allowed to bid for rovers players, due to the MT situation? Or did I misread information.... anyways it's beautiful watching their demise without a goalscorer. 300k and laughing . They spend around that on Nicholls...who is yet to register a goal. Love it

I don’t think there’s anything legally they can do about it. The ‘gentleman’s agreement’ Wael was banging on about counts for very little.

If we did want Bodin, we would get him.

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think there’s anything legally they can do about it. The ‘gentleman’s agreement’ Wael was banging on about counts for very little.

If we did want Bodin, we would get him.

Also Wael then went public with the agreement. We'd be in our rights to say it was null and void thereafter.

22 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Also Wael then went public with the agreement. We'd be in our rights to say it was null and void thereafter.

And if Bodin says he wants to move to a bigger club without moving out of the area, would they be allowed to restrict his options due to a gentleman's agreement?

On 06/10/2017 at 07:36, Tomarse said:

He can scout Bodin ready for our 150k bid in Jan 

Dopeys probably just come out and said they wouldn’t sell even for 20 million, so a 150k looks doable. 

Can picture old Wael now 

“Bristol City have just bid 150k for Bodin, we should accept”

”But..but.. we had a gentlemen’s agreement...”

What a great story about Julio Arca (Argentinian who used to play for Middlesbrough), retired through injury in 2015, went back to Argentina but missed the north east of England & told his wife he wanted to move back to the north east of England & started playing Sunday League football where he was paying £3 or £3.50 subs but would get 2 pints if he won ‘man of the match’, before joining South Shields & helping them to win the FA Vase at Wembley last season & he was so excited to of qualified to play at Wembley that he shed a few tears in the dressing room afterwards. And he loves being able to have a drink with the supporters in the club house after the games.

Just how many ex-Premier League players would be willing to just drop down to non-league, just for the joy of continuing to play football? Especially nowadays when they earn so much money.

Archived