IGNORED

The Official 'I don't really watch England any more, but I'm kind of, sort of, maybe watching/following England v Slovenia but only ironically/so I can moan about how bad we are/because I'm a glutton for punishment Match day Thread.

BCFC Rich

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's a thread title NTTDS would be proud of :clap:

Especially if the text under it went on the miss mentioning the match but went on to say that engineering works might cause problems if anyone was thinking of going to some obscure non league match in 3 weeks time.

I ******* hate watching England. Does anyone else think that at some point, we'll get so sick of the PL prima donnas that we'll have an England side made up mostly of Championship players? They'd care a lot more I'd imagine.

ZiderEyed has a point. The best championship players would probably do a much better job.  I'm settling down to what will likely be another night of boring football.

Whilst I like Gareth Southgate as a person, I can't get excited by his tactics at all.

Maybe we will get lucky and be surprised, you never know.

And this thread gets the prize for the longest title on otib.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I ******* hate watching England. Does anyone else think that at some point, we'll get so sick of the PL prima donnas that we'll have an England side made up mostly of Championship players? They'd care a lot more I'd imagine.

I'd want to see a side like that, but no manager would have the balls to do it

54 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Harry Winks should be in the team tonight not just a late call up cos of injuries.  Jake Livermore better though apparently!

Well I watched Match of the Day 2 weeks ago and that 2 minute substitute appearance showed that he is the real deal. 

Make him captain.

I solved the problem the same way I always do when some crap is on the telly I don’t really want to watch but probably will in the hopes it is better than it ever is - place a bet or two :cool:

It matters more when there is money on it - feels sad that it would not matter otherwise !!

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Shame really isn't it. Imagine Joey Bryan as England's left back!

I've always found a really bizzare correlation between how City play and how England seem to play, at different periods of time. 

The England team always seem to have the same, frustrating style, factors & traits that we've had. 

Let's hope the trend continues and it's time for both to shine, in a prolonged period of global dominance..! 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No need to be a ********, mate

Sorry but I do get annoyed how quickly players who look promising or half decent are picked for England.  It's completely counter productive given our lack of playing resources.  Winks is a squad player for Spurs.  That Wimmer was last season and he looked absolutely shocking against us.

For example, Ross Barkley missed probably 30 England under 21 appearances and 2 Under 21 tournaments so he could be a member of the full squad.  If he'd been kept down in the under 21s longer, he'd have far better experience and I suspect be in a better position in his career.  Instead, he was the new Gazza / Rooney /  Bobby Charlton after a handful of games and was picked too young. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Harry Winks should be in the team tonight not just a late call up cos of injuries.  Jake Livermore better though apparently!

Winks, Livermore, Henderson, none of them good enough for international football but that's how far we've fallen. If we were a premier league side we'd be West Brom or Stoke 

Archived