IGNORED

The Official 'I don't really watch England any more, but I'm kind of, sort of, maybe watching/following England v Slovenia but only ironically/so I can moan about how bad we are/because I'm a glutton for punishment Match day Thread.

BCFC Rich

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I genuinely think Marlon pack is a better midfielder than Henderson. I'm biased obviously it might be a bit tongue in cheek but he's more creative that's for sure. 

A bit?!

Walker taking free kicks I think it's time to start considering boycotting England matches for that alone :facepalm:

While we are at it why is Kane taking them as well? I've never seen him score one. Yet we've seen Dier score one in the euros but haven't seen him take one since. Rashford score a good one in the Europa league but can't get a sniff. England just don't treat the game right. Every game should mean something and the aim should be to beat teams. Not share free kicks and penalties and that's a fault of management. I'm not English but I still watch almost every match and I'm still surprised by how nice it all is. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is about how well they play together. England have some very good players but together they're shit. 

You are deluded if you think city would have a chance. You werent serious were you?

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is about how well they play together. England have some very good players but together they're shit. 

It's partly because we're always set up as though we're playing Germany, not to take the game to the opposition. We are at home to Slovenia, top of the group and have Dier and Henderson in Cm.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

It's partly because we're always set up as though we're playing Germany, not to take the game to the opposition. We are at home to Slovenia, top of the group and have Dier and Henderson in Cm.

You dont need 2 defensive midfielders for sure but we have an alarming lack of midfielders in this country.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

You are deluded if you think city would have a chance. You werent serious were you?

Are you not watching how shit we are? How little threat we pose going forward? Our lack of midfield? We're completely uninspiring. I think this England team would probably finish about 14th in the Premier League. So yeh, I'm not sure they'd beat us. 

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

And while we're moaning why the **** have I got to listen to Glenn Hoddle?  He's taken over from Andy Townsend as the most infuriatingly annoying pundit in the known universe.  Had to mute him.

I suspect the voices Eileen Drewery summoned from the "other side" stopped listening to him, too.

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Sterling is absolute dog shit.

He just slows everything down. Always wants to take a touch and stand his man up- Which is ridiculous as he then never beats that man and invariably loses the ball.

It's such a shame really. Before the 2014 world cup I genuinely thought in him we had one of the best prospects in world football.

18 minutes ago, Nibor said:

He's basically Bobby Reid in the Prem.  When he has time to think he ***** it, when he doesn't he's great.

Rashford looks ok, the rest should be sent to the glue factory.  

Always thought he was more a premier league Junior Bent.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Are you not watching how shit we are? How little threat we pose going forward? Our lack of midfield? We're completely uninspiring. I think this England team would probably finish about 14th in the Premier League. So yeh, I'm not sure they'd beat us. 

Deary me why do we always get these silly posts.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

And while we're moaning why the **** have I got to listen to Glenn Hoddle?  He's taken over from Andy Townsend as the most infuriatingly annoying pundit in the known universe.  Had to mute him.

It's that annoying, apologetic whine! can't stand the dirge that him and ******* Tyldesley spout. 

England don't seem to grasp the fact that passing the ball forward is what teams do to score goals. 

And don't get me started on ******* Henderson and ******* Sterling. I hate watching England now, we're a joke.

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The one good thing about Southgate being manager is he can't be on the commentary. 

How has Ian Wright managed to get himself in the TV studio for every game/show imaginable? No insight at all. 

As for the game, like I've said before, England are trying to play a brand of football that they're not quite good enough to pull off. Same story for about 10 years now.

Archived