IGNORED

3 home games in 11 days

wendyredredrobin

First Burton, then Leeds, then Palace.  Last season we wouldnt have expected much of a result from Leeds or Palace and Burton wouldnt have been considered easy either.  This season, I am expecting us to win all 3.  How times have changed.  Really looking forward to these 3 games in succession.

As for crowds, 18k for Burton, 24k for Leeds, but not sure how many for Palace as ticket sales look a bit slow for this one, which is surprising for a last 16 cup match and considering who we have beaten on the way.

If LJ wins manager of the month, we will lose all 3 of course.

Would you play a full strength team against Palace?

I'm not expecting anything and don't think anyone should really expect 3 wins. Expecting to beat Burton is probably acceptable but not close to a sure thing. It's the type of game we'll struggle in. We're a bit more patient and creative now and will create more mistakes but they'll be tough to break down. 

Leeds aren't a bad side. They were good last season and probably better this season albeit bedding in new players with a new manager. That'll be very tough though probably a more exciting one for the neutral. Could go either way. 

Palace could be wanting to use us as a springboard to get their season started. Depends on who they play really. They start a mostly full strength side they'll be the superior team talent wise. 

I'd be happy with W D L in that order to be honest. Would love to advance in the cup but if it was between 4 points from the two league games or 1 point and the cup win I'm taking the 4 points. Wanting to win all 3 but no where near expecting it. Also I'm taking into account this is when it started getting tough for us. Burton has 2 weeks to prepare for us which is an advantage for them being the "underdog." Saw with Cardiff last season that a well organised side with that much time can have a good game plan. Anything less than 3 there could affect confidence going into a tough match with leeds. I'm just cautious after last season. Let's start with a win with Burton then start dreaming of more league points and cup runs. 

Editing because I didn't see the question. No I wouldn't, I'd play a similar side that beat Stoke. Those players have earned that right to play again. Mags, Taylor, and Eliasson all deserve starts and that will be their chance to show what they've got. 

Reckon we can beat Burton and palace (depending on what team they put out), Leeds will be a much tougher ask though, would be happy with a draw. 

Can see 18k for Burton 25k for Leeds and 18k for palace as I reckon they'll bring a few across. 

Can't see Lj going full strength for palace but we have so much strength in depth atm that shouldn't be a problem 

The Palace game you stick with the rotated team and let the players know you're going to beforehand. That gives the players a rest and means the focus is on the league games. If we beat Palace which wouldn't be a total shock you might have to start looking at the league cup games a bit differently but the focus should very much be on the first two games.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

First Burton, then Leeds, then Palace.  Last season we wouldnt have expected much of a result from Leeds or Palace and Burton wouldnt have been considered easy either.  This season, I am expecting us to win all 3.  How times have changed.  Really looking forward to these 3 games in succession.

As for crowds, 18k for Burton, 24k for Leeds, but not sure how many for Palace as ticket sales look a bit slow for this one, which is surprising for a last 16 cup match and considering who we have beaten on the way.

Would be happy with four points from the Burton/Leeds fixtures and see the Palace game as a 'freebie' with all the pressure on them-though it wouldn't bother me atall if we lost so long as we take it to them & we don't suffer injury or penalty's!

I'm normally pessimistic but think we will win all 3, Burton surprised a few last year but are really struggling this year need to beat them, Leeds are certainly beatable and with a big home crowd we can get the 3 points, Palace will almost certainly play a weakened side as they will be more concerned with the league, perfect for an upset. See you on the other side of these 3 games. Think we may win the Thailand league cup this year, what time plane are we getting to Lazio and what trattitoria are we meeting in ?

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Didn't we beat Leeds but draw with Burton last season..?

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I watched Leeds against Sheffield Wednesday the other day and they were really poor. Nothing to suggest we can't beat them IMHO.

Aim high, win all 3, why not?

Agree.  I think Leeds have benefited from the new manager bounce, which has been masked because it coincided with the start of the season.  They look very beatable imo.

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

Agree.  I think Leeds have benefited my the new manager bounce, which has been masked because it coincided with the start of the season.  They look very beatable imo.

They've lost 3 of their last 4 league games. All away from home..! 

19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I watched Leeds against Sheffield Wednesday the other day and they were really poor. Nothing to suggest we can't beat them IMHO.

Aim high, win all 3, why not?

They picked up a few injuries in that game also. They were good for 20 minutes and then went to pieces once Wednesday got amongst them. We are much more dynamic and at the moment confident than Wednesday so think we can do what they did but with more intensity, should be a good game though

Don't get me wrong, we can win all the games I'm not just not comfortable expecting to win all 3. My main point is I hope we focus on the league. Hopefully all of us would take the 6 points in the Burton/Leeds games if it meant losing the cup game? I know I would. I honestly don't want to get too excited yet. Maybe if we are still flying by next international break I'll relax a bit. 

So yea we can and I hope we win all 3 just don't expect it. Also would prefer the league points. The Palace game is extra and going through is just a reward for the struggles of the last couple seasons maybe. 

Burton should certainly be a win although no games are easy in this league, they haven't scored in 3 games and have conceded 8 in their last two games both were at home. Fully expect a comfortable 2-0 or 3-0 win. May even suit us that although it will be a similar game to the Bolton game, I don't think Burton will be quite as negative.

Leeds at home.. is a tough game despite Leeds being hopeless on Sky against Sheff Wednesday losing 3-0 should of been 4 as Wednesday had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside. Both teams will be right up for this one.. home crowd to play a big part.. I'm going 3-1 City.

Palace at home in the League cup could go either way, do Palace play a strong side and try and build a bit of confidence with a cup win or do they play a second string side with what will be the biggest game of their season at home to West Ham a few days later.. I imagine it will probably be the latter.. don't forget Palace will very likely come to us having lost all of their league games to date. With players like Matty Taylor to come in for City and stake a claim once again.. I see a narrow 2-1 City win.

Okay yes I've put a very optimistic view on our next 3 games. But I also feel very a realistic view as well.. I think this year AG has a real fortress feel about it as well. Cant see us losing to many at home.  

Archived