IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

JasonM88

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned, but started, and played 90, in a 5-1 win for England u20 against Italy. 

Seems to be first choice left back now. 

Well done him. Good talent we've got on our hands then.

16 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned, but started, and played 90, in a 5-1 win for England u20 against Italy. 

Seems to be first choice left back now. 

Great news. Out of interest, where did you find the score/ team? I was looking out for it earlier, and during the last international break, but it seems very difficult to find coverage. 

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Great news. Out of interest, where did you find the score/ team? I was looking out for it earlier, and during the last international break, but it seems very difficult to find coverage. 

Not sure if this is where he found it, but it's here http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/oct/05/england-u20s-italy-report-051017 with a brief match report.

11 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

He is all class. Sadly cant see him staying with us if he cant get game time. He should be playing regularly somewhere and probably Championship level. Not Lee's fault as things are going great at the moment but i fear he wont be a City player for long.

Chill out mate, he only got in the u21s last time because Oxford dropped out. There's a clear development route here and he seems like the type who's got his head screwed on, personally wouldn't worry about him leaving for now. 

22 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

He is all class. Sadly cant see him staying with us if he cant get game time. He should be playing regularly somewhere and probably Championship level. Not Lee's fault as things are going great at the moment but i fear he wont be a City player for long.

I agree with you he is a class, and might be 1st team at a lesser Champ side. But he is still a risk for someone to sign as relatively unproven + We don't need the money + I don't see anyone that he would be tempted by coming in for him that will guarantee game time.

5 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

I agree with you he is a class, and might be 1st team at a lesser Champ side. But he is still a risk for someone to sign as relatively unproven + We don't need the money + I don't see anyone that he would be tempted by coming in for him that will guarantee game time.

How are we judging he is class out of interest? 

55 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

How are we judging he is class out of interest? 

The feedback from a couple of posters on here before he even broke through about how good he was in youth games etc. His performance against Watford and the fact that having got into England youth set up he has stuck + been trusted to play full back and CB.

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

The way JB is playing every chance he will get a big move in the summer.

7 hours ago, Coppello said:

It's crazy that he's now played more times for England than he has for City!

no he hasn't. he has played a couple of games for England youth teams and I would guess over 100 games for city youth teams! he has never played for England 1st team but has played for city 1st team.

I think a loan to a league one club would be great move for him. Tins is always keen to get the young lads out to men’s football and I can’t see Kelly being any different.

We have to remember that Taylor Moore came here as an England u20 captain and has found himself right down the pecking order at Cheltenham.

Let’s not put pressure on the lad.

9 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

LJ said on the Facebook QnA he’d like to get him a L1 or L2 loan ideally but can’t because of the loan rules. Going on that he’s not quite championship level yet. 

I think you’re very premature to suggest he might leave due to lack of gametime. 

Games v Plymouth a d Watford he looked good as did every player in a red shirt I. Both games- remember Hinds goals? Wow, what a squad, academy and development team SL has now built. 

Some whazzacks on OTiB were questioning the academy, players,  coach and owner just a few months ago. Mind-blowing how good we are at all levels and great to be a Bristol City fan. 

Speaking of Kelly did anyone catch LJ saying he's ready for a loan in the Facebook chat? I read it in one of the articles about it. Thought the plan was for him to stay and be backup? Not complaining just wondering what has changed? Maybe Hörður was expected to go but now maybe staying until the summer? 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Speaking of Kelly did anyone catch LJ saying he's ready for a loan in the Facebook chat? I read it in one of the articles about it. Thought the plan was for him to stay and be backup? Not complaining just wondering what has changed? Maybe Hörður was expected to go but now maybe staying until the summer? 

I think the point he was making was that we would like to send him out on loan to a L1/L2 club but due to the loan rules it would have to be for a half or full season with no recall we don`t want to risk it if we should need him.

The change in the loan rules have completely ****** up the development of young players - well done UEFA.

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think the point he was making was that we would like to send him out on loan to a L1/L2 club but due to the loan rules it would have to be for a half or full season with no recall we don`t want to risk it if we should need him.

The change in the loan rules have completely ****** up the development of young players - well done UEFA.

I'm on my phone and it won't let me like this but I would if I could. Spot on. New rules are so harmful.

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

LJ said on the Facebook QnA he’d like to get him a L1 or L2 loan ideally but can’t because of the loan rules. Going on that he’s not quite championship level yet. 

I think you’re very premature to suggest he might leave due to lack of gametime. 

Tbf LJ also said he had no concerns using Kelly to fill in for a game. The question is over whether he can do it week in, week out (with the suggestion he can't yet) when he said that is what he needs to see in training.

Agreed fully on the final sentance.

Archived