IGNORED

England players and City

Devereux

1 hour ago, Super said:

What a stupid thread. All eleven are far better than ours.

I was thinking whilst watching that dross, that City could carve more openings than England, and probably I would be right. Of course on paper the England players are better players, but that is debatable in some cases.  City are a 'team' that knows each others game, England tonight were not.

But this is typical you, very anti City, get over the fact Lee is going nowhere... just yet.

I was also thinking England manager, but will leave that one hanging, you have taken bit of a beating already tonight.:P

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Wow, someone talking sense on OTIB! they all play premier league against much better opposition than our lads have ever seen 

Apart from the 2 Premiershit teams "our lads" beat this season.  Obviously

3 minutes ago, Super said:

You are comparing goals and assists which is pointless.

Correct in Hendo''s case. I'm not disputing His ability to trundle round the pitch for 90 minutes rolling passes to Hart/Mignolet, or firing 50 yard passes into orbit.

My point IS that I would not shell out to watch him play. The fact he gets a game for England is, and remains, a ******* mystery to me.

4 minutes ago, Oops said:

Correct in Hendo''s case. I'm not disputing His ability to trundle round the pitch for 90 minutes rolling passes to Hart/Mignolet, or firing 50 yard passes into orbit.

My point IS that I would not shell out to watch him play. The fact he gets a game for England is, and remains, a ******* mystery to me.

Henderson is a decent premiership player. Patto is a decent championship player. Lets leave it there.

Of course all 11 players are technically better than what we have. It would be very silly to argue otherwise and It's rather alarming that a post pointing this out has got 3 snake responses. However what we saw tonight from England was 11 individuals without a game plan, not playing for each other the shirt. In contrast, we have A TEAM. For that reason we'd give that England side a good game!

9 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Of course all 11 players are technically better than what we have. It would be very silly to argue otherwise and It's rather alarming that a post pointing this out has got 3 snake responses. However what we saw tonight from England was 11 individuals without a game plan, not playing for each other the shirt. In contrast, we have A TEAM. For that reason we'd give that England side a good game!

As did Iceland, Wales, Scotland and numerous others.

22 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If I had to choose between Bobby Reid and Sterling in the number 10 role I'd choose Bobby.  That's more to do with Sterling not being suited to that role though.

Sterling would rip the Championship to shreds

These players are top Prem players and mostly playing Champions League football too. Our lot have been in the top 6 for a week and some people think ours are better?! Mental.

As a team England are awful though - just painful to watch. And the team issue is the reason why inferiors sides like Slovenia can give them a game. If someone could actually get England playing like a team we might get back to being a top 8 side again. But I wouldn't back Southgate to do it. 

The England team is full of England's finest players. Far better than the City team.... but struggling with the pressure of pulling on the shirt... It's a shame and watching England is shit but that's the facts. Personally I think we need a coach who'll create a crazy gang team spirit... but who?

47 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Ermmm.... but we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Sorry, I mean "Paterson would get in England's side over any of them based on his good form for us in the Championship in recent times, but ignoring when he was completely ineffectual and a passenger for us for large stretches of last season".

you just said it yourself the past is the past has no bearing on current form at all, some people improve others fade away. I hope most of the England players are picked on current form not what they did last season. 

I was at Wembley last night and apart from maybe 3 players, I wouldn't want any of the others anywhere near our team based on that one performance. Maybe they all just had an off night or the tactics were so negative it stifled any flair the players may show for their club teams

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I thought this thread was taking the piss but I can't fathom how we are seriously discussing any city players being better than the first or even second England 11.

Got to be on a gas wind up. Please tell me im being whooshed.

Sadly you're not. If this was gas forum there would be 10 pages on here laughing at them.

On 10/5/2017 at 22:28, Oops said:

I'm not comparing positions, I'm comparing ability. I'd rather have 5 Jamie Paterson's in my team than 1 Jordan Henderson.

Paterson is a better footballer than Henderson in my opinion, simple as that.

Purely on the basis this would give us 15 players, I might just be starting to see some logic in your argument. Not a lot, mind you, but just sufficient to tempt me in to some form of a reply.

Try to reflect back to last season, when we had (on loan) one of the best players we have had at Ashton Gate for years.

Unfortunately, but not at all surprisingly, Tammy moved on to 'better things', making a huge step up to play in the Premier League where, so far, he has proved to be competent, but no more. He is also in the England Under 21 squad, without threatening, at present, to break in to the full England team. 

And he was, arguably, our best player last season.

As others have said, it is nonsensical to compare JH to JP as they play different positions and have completely different roles in their respective teams.

In short, NO, I do not think there is any danger of City being deprived of any of their 'England' players this season.    

On 05/10/2017 at 21:39, Oops said:

I respect your opinion.

But Paterson runs his arse off for 90 minutes and has contributed 3 goals and 5 assists. Henderson...well,.....hasn't.

Watching Henderson play is like poking myself in the eye with a cocktail stick, whereas I actually rise from my seat every time Paterson gets the ball. 

Horses for courses though.

On 05/10/2017 at 21:43, Luxo Jr. said:

If you watch Henderson play for Liverpool, you'll see him run his socks off for 90 minutes. The problem, as usual, is with the tactics and game management, much like with us last season. We have a flourishing and working system, England don't. No one would have said "Paterson would get in the England team" last season.

I agree Luxo.

Liverpool suffer sometimes when Henderson is partnered by Can and Wijnaldum....all three are workers, none have the creativity of Coutinho, Lallana or Salah.  When 2 out of the three are partnered with a creative one, Liverpool look different.  I do think Oxlade was brought in to give a bit of creativity alongside any of the two.  He has stagnated / gone backwards at Arsenal.  If you go back and look at him when he broke into the England side he was a breath of fresh air, breaking the lines, creating etc.  He needs to rekindle that.

Back to Henderson - he is not Gerrard, he isn’t asked to fill that role.  He is a good player, and key to Liverpool and England getting back possession.  He needs a Dele Alli alongside him.  Alli is wasted playing too close to Kane. 

Archived