IGNORED

Richard Foster

Andy Horsman

If this has been covered elsewhere, I apologise, but it would seem that our former full back has upped his game somewhat since returning to the SPL. The SFA has banned him for two games for kicking the door on the referee's room in temper after he was judged to have conceded a late penalty, playing for St.Johnstone in a 3-2 defeat vs Dundee. When he played for us he would have definitely missed..................

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We all go on about Nicky Hunt and rightly so but Foster the impostor, absolute shambles of a player. 

have to disagree I believe I have seen Foster play on the pitch(against lesser opposition I admit)

9 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

If this has been covered elsewhere, I apologise, but it would seem that our former full back has upped his game somewhat since returning to the SPL. The SFA has banned him for two games for kicking the door on the referee's room in temper after he was judged to have conceded a late penalty, playing for St.Johnstone in a 3-2 defeat vs Dundee. When he played for us he would have definitely missed..................

Richard Foster,I always think of him as Dick !

He was probably aiming for the wall .

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I remember posting on here after Fosters debut away to brighton....stating that he had an excellent debut and looked a good signing for us.

The only time I've ever been wrong.

I remember thinking the same - he was pretty quick, which probably fooled me into thinking he might be decent. As it turned out pace was about the only positive. Not quite as bad as Nicky Hunt, although it would be quite something to be as bad as Nicky Hunt.

McGivern was a right back wasn't he? With poroxide blonde hair? I remember him being hopelessly out of his depth, beaten time after time, game after game by opposition wingers. Dark times.

But let's not forget about Liam Fontaine. His performances in our relegation season were as bad as I've ever seen from a defender. There was a core of old guard.. Fontaine, Nyatanga, Carey, Pearson, Elliott who all did well for us but had stagnated badly.

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

McGivern was a right back wasn't he? With poroxide blonde hair? I remember him being hopelessly out of his depth, beaten time after time, game after game by opposition wingers. Dark times.

But let's not forget about Liam Fontaine. His performances in our relegation season were as bad as I've ever seen from a defender. There was a core of old guard.. Fontaine, Nyatanga, Carey, Pearson, Elliott who all did well for us but had stagnated badly.

No, McGivern was a left back. Allegedly.

14 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Left back and as the old joke stated he should have been left back in the 'locker' room............

Must admit I read this thread and got Ryan McGivern and Scott McGarvey muddled up, what a player you would have if you combined those two! :blink:

Didnt we get McGivern on loan from Man City, well it might as well have been a Man City ladies for all the use he was. Then we signed another player from Man City and feared the worst, but he didn't turn out too shabby did he. Maybe in hindsight though it was worth persueing with Joe as he's developed into quite a player, this season especially, but still the time I was gutted that Greg moved on.

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

McGivern was a left-back. Like he was towing a caravan. I remember in our promotion season he was at Port Vale and his cock up allowed Alby to round the keeper and score. Terrible player. Did well at Hibs which probably says more about the SPL than him as a player. Currently without a club.

Nicky Hunt is probably regarded as the worst player to pull on a City shirt - certainly is in my eyes. His 'performance' at Leeds was the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer.

Archived