IGNORED

Richard Foster

Andy Horsman

1 hour ago, Andy Horsman said:

Left back and as the old joke stated he should have been left back in the 'locker' room............

The only player I've ever seen who turned slower than milk, utterly useless. My nan was faster than him and she had been dead for 10 years, I've seen grass grow quicker than him.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Must admit I read this thread and got Ryan McGivern and Scott McGarvey muddled up, what a player you would have if you combined those two! :blink:

Didnt we get McGivern on loan from Man City, well it might as well have been a Man City ladies for all the use he was. Then we signed another player from Man City and feared the worst, but he didn't turn out too shabby did he. Maybe in hindsight though it was worth persueing with Joe as he's developed into quite a player, this season especially, but still the time I was gutted that Greg moved on.

The difference between them?

McGarvey was 5hite.

McGivern was utter 5hite.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Must admit I read this thread and got Ryan McGivern and Scott McGarvey muddled up, what a player you would have if you combined those two! :blink:

Didnt we get McGivern on loan from Man City, well it might as well have been a Man City ladies for all the use he was. Then we signed another player from Man City and feared the worst, but he didn't turn out too shabby did he. Maybe in hindsight though it was worth persueing with Joe as he's developed into quite a player, this season especially, but still the time I was gutted that Greg moved on.

Who was the second player from Man City after McGivup - I've completely forgotten?

17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Who was the second player from Man City after McGivup - I've completely forgotten?

Greg Cunningham.

As RedM mentioned above, he was an excellent full back, but SC wanted to play with a back three and he was jettisoned - he went off to PNE and has since become a firm favourite, player of the year a season or so ago.

There must also have been some bad blood between GC and SC, judging by GC's reaction when he returned to Ashton Gate shortly after his departure.

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Will genuinely never forget Football Genius Derek McInnes picking him in centre midfield.

You should no better than to have a pop at Mcinnes on here bearded_red.  After all he halved the wage bill during his time with us :P..................yet still found the monies to pay that Mcmanus best part of 15k p/w :facepalm:.  

He (Mcinnes) also refused all internal & external help on recruitment and simply went with his own contacts...........

Nice bloke Del but an awful manager whilst here.

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Will genuinely never forget Football Genius Derek McInnes picking him in centre midfield.

Had to find a way of getting his best mate Mark Wilson into the side though, didn't he? Compared to him Foster was Cafu.

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nicky Hunt, at the Leeds away game, was nothing short of a disgrace, Foster was just crap! 

Oh I remember the Leeds game well and you're right . I just couldn't understand how foster ever made a pro footballer. Simple positional play, not closing down etc . I still get angry thinking about it :laughcont: still stealing a living as well . 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oh I remember the Leeds game well and you're right . I just couldn't understand how foster ever made a pro footballer. Simple positional play, not closing down etc . I still get angry thinking about it :laughcont: still stealing a living as well . 

Is he still punching above his weight and knocking off Amy MacDonald?

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Greg Cunningham.

As RedM mentioned above, he was an excellent full back, but SC wanted to play with a back three and he was jettisoned - he went off to PNE and has since become a firm favourite, player of the year a season or so ago.

There must also have been some bad blood between GC and SC, judging by GC's reaction when he returned to Ashton Gate shortly after his departure.

Quote I’ve heard from Greg to a City player when shaking hands at the end of the game, was “if that gets the gaffer the sack I’ll be absolutely ******* buzzing” - talking about SC, obviously  

funnily enough that did actually become Cotts’ last game!

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Quote I’ve heard from Greg to a City player when shaking hands at the end of the game, was “if that gets the gaffer the sack I’ll be absolutely ******* buzzing” - talking about SC, obviously  

funnily enough that did actually become Cotts’ last game!

He wasn't a big Cotts fan was he, even I got that feeling...

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

He wasn't a big Cotts fan was he, even I got that feeling...

Nope. They weren’t fans of each other at all. 

Just need to look at 

A) how mental he went when he scored 

B) how every single Preston player jumped on him after he scored

He’d obviously been very vocal about how badly he wanted to score..

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Just need to look at 

Thought it was a bit wierd at the time as he was behind JB in the pecking order, obviously felt he merited a start ahead of him...

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

Just need to look at 

Too right , NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER goes mental when they've scored and it's rare to see other team mates join in the goal celebrations . 

:blink:

Honestly , conspiracy theory corner or what ? 

Sorry Pete , not compelling evidence is it . 

;)

Archived