IGNORED

Flint and Johson get September Player and manager award

BCFC Rich

31 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

11EFB23B-E653-4BCD-BEF1-6C816B192E1F.png

:clapping:

The first of many this season I hope .

As for Flinty , I'm surprised he accepted the award .

( No, no, no. ) 

Seriously, I think any one of our regular first teamers could have won the award . They have , to a man , been outstanding this month .

Well done to everybody.

KEEP YOUR STANDARDS UP.

Heads up to the photographer for getting them both in shot ! 

Brilliant recognition for two of our finest. The more good news we get like this the more teams will fear coming to Ashton Gate. This will make some games more difficult so the next challenge for the outstanding double act of MA and Lj is to ensure we have the right players and tactics to open up teams coming to park that bus. Oh,  and also for City fans not to be fickle when everything doesn't go our way. 

Some of those who slated Flint both  in ability , and particularly questioned his committment and attitude might like to reflect 

:whistle:

Well done Lee :clap:(And JM / DH as I'm sure Lee would acknowledge)

and Aiden ..... actions rather than words speak volumes big man :clap:Top Man

Inspirational 

Well done, first of many I hope. Fingers crossed it's a boost not a curse. Very professional of them both how they have handled the speculation surrounding Flinty's possible move and put it behind them, at least until January. 

19 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

:whistle:

Unlike you to make a little sneer or comment

:laughcont:

Been there - am there , and have said so publicly on here numerous times

:thumbsup:

Looks atm that he learnt a lot from last season and if that is the case - all good by me and I'll keep saying so

Take me back to last March and I'd have been of the same opinion

Good that your opinions and judgements are always on the button though -   when you're not sniping 

Your posts are  insightful

Congratulations to both. Very well deserved. Particularly pleased for Flinty as it shows that getting your head down and getting on with your job when the crap is hitting the fan all around you is the best way to go about things as opposed to others who would've thrown their toys out of the pram. A great example to this young team as to how behave in difficult situations for the future. Great work both. 

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unlike you to make a little sneer or comment

Been there - am there , and have said so publicly on here numerous times

Looks atm that he learnt a lot from last season and if that is the case - all good by me and I'll keep saying so

Good that your opinions and judgements are always on the button though -   when you're not sniping 

Your posts are  insightful

If ever there were a pot kettle black situation.

Perhaps we could say the same about Flinty (who has been fantastic BTW, absolutely fair play to him) come Jan or the summer?

Would you say the same thing if he moved on then?

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been there - am there and have said so publicly on here numerous times

maybe but then again I wasn't engaging in a malicious anti Johnson campaign where you ,imo, stepped over the line and some of which was into personal territory in dozens of posts. Furthermore , you saw fit to "like" the more extreme views towards our Manager and encourage what was,imo., personal character assassinations. If you want me to remind you of some of the things you said- I'll do this for you and we can then debate who is most adept at sniping.

When myself and a few others continued our support for the "clowns" Johnson and Lansdown- you saw fit to call us uber-fans and  delusional. It was almost a case that supporting Johnson became anti- City.

So yes, I'm enjoying this moment Bob where I feel some of your last season's comments are being rammed back down your throat - so to speak. What goes around comes around and I'm perfectly aware of that working for all of us who hold strong views..

As things stand and contrary to what you said - Lee Johnson is not a clown and Steve Lansdown does appear to know what he's doing and however fleeting or meaningless this Manager of the month accolade is- I suspect it holds very special meaning to them both.

My admiration for Lee Johnson as a human being just increases. He never gave up his belief, never quit and wasn't derailed by some very public animosity. He's continued to build a management team around him and a playing team that's a joy to behold at the moment.

So as you so rightly say Bob:

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

and particularly questioned his committment and attitude might like to reflect 

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

maybe but then again I wasn't engaging in a malicious anti Johnson campaign where you ,imo, stepped over the line and some of which was into personal territory in dozens of posts. Furthermore , you saw fit to "like" the more extreme views towards our Manager and encourage what was,imo., personal character assassinations. If you want me to remind you of some of the things you said- I'll do this for you and we can then debate who is most adept at sniping.

When myself and a few others continued our support for the "clowns" Johnson and Lansdown- you saw fit to call us uber-fans and  delusional. It was almost a case that supporting Johnson became anti- City.

So yes, I'm enjoying this moment Bob where I feel some of your last season's comments are being rammed back down your throat - so to speak. What goes around comes around and I'm perfectly aware of that working for all of us who hold strong views..

As things stand and contrary to what you said - Lee Johnson is not a clown and Steve Lansdown does appear to know what he's doing and however fleeting or meaningless this Manager of the month accolade is- I suspect it holds very special meaning to them both.

My admiration for Lee Johnson as a human being just increases. He never gave up his belief, never quit and wasn't derailed by some very public animosity. He's continued to build a management team around him and a playing team that's a joy to behold at the moment.

Like your Manager ''crushes'  don't ya 

:wub:

Not so good at judging players though 

Glad you enjoying whatever you are claiming to be enjoying - says all about you !

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sorry MRR but I'm with Bob here. Personally, I think LJ was very fortunate to keep his job last season and have, frequently, admitted he is / has proven me wrong. That doesn't change the fact that people, myself and Bob included, wanted him gone last season for good reasons. So, we were wrong, big deal but the point still stands that he was fortunate to survive.

A forum without differing opinions would be very boring and I would, respectfully, suggest respecting those opinions is part and parcel of being on here.

You were right, we were wrong, well done. Let's get over it eh as a lot of threads seem to descend into condemnations for opinions last season which is getting rather tiresome don't you think? Those opinions were in support of the club which we all want to see success at and were, with all possible respect, justified at the time.

Congratulations to LJ and Flinty, well deserved.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

lets hope the curse don't happen Friday the 13th v burton.....

Didn`t someone do a study once about the perceived curse and discovered it wasn`t true and results weren`t affected at all - it was just something football fans believed to be true, a bit like ten men being more difficult to beat. That wasn`t true either.

Who`d have thought that football fans would believe in superstitions and ignore all evidence to the contrary eh?

Now where are my lucky pants?

36 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

If ever there were a pot kettle black situation.

Perhaps we could say the same about Flinty (who has been fantastic BTW, absolutely fair play to him) come Jan or the summer?

Would you say the same thing if he moved on then?

Why can't you and others just enjoy the upturn we are seeing instead of sniping? Just gets really boring people always looking for a dig at those who dared question LJs tenure last season. Most people have got over it and accept that wanting him gone at the worst point of last season was a valid option, even if they didn't agree. A massive well done to you and those of you who didn't think that getting rid was the right thing to do.  We get it. You were right. But a forum is about opinions. Constant digs at those who hold differing opinions to you is petty. Let's just crack on and enjoy what's happening now. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Like your Manager ''crushes'  don't ya 

Not so good at judging players though 

Is that the best you can do?

Yep- I got it wrong about Matt Smith but never wandered into personal insult territory- I watched him for 4 goaless games and my flawed judgement was that he was awful and the rest is history. However I did  seem to get it very right with Flint and particularly Bobby Reid. 2-1 is not an appalling result about players so far but don't you find, Bob, that you're only ever reminded of when you get things spectacularly wrong not when you get something awfully right?

It's good that we've got each other to remind ourselves that we are but mere mortals.

Completely deserved by LJ and he deserves considerable admiration and respect for the job he has done so far this season.

I have to say though I am amazed Flint has won, I do like him and he has had a decent month, but I don't even think he has been our best CB in September, let alone the best Championship player in that month.

Maybe it shows how good we have been that I would rate Reid, Baker, Diedhiou, Paterson and Bryan all above him for last month. Maybe Frankie as well.

I can only assume the goals he scored have influenced the panel?

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sorry MRR but I'm with Bob here. Personally, I think LJ was very fortunate to keep his job last season and have, frequently, admitted he is / has proven me wrong. That doesn't change the fact that people, myself and Bob included, wanted him gone last season for good reasons. So, we were wrong, big deal but the point still stands that he was fortunate to survive.

A forum without differing opinions would be very boring and I would, respectfully, suggest respecting those opinions is part and parcel of being on here.

You were right, we were wrong, well done. Let's get over it eh as a lot of threads seem to descend into condemnations for opinions last season which is getting rather tiresome don't you think? Those opinions were in support of the club which we all want to see success at and were, with all possible respect, justified at the time.

Congratulations to LJ and Flinty, well deserved.

I agree. LJ was very very fortunate indeed to keep his job and pretty much any other club in the entire football league would have sacked him but thankfully we're not "any other club". My point was not about having a considered opinion but straying into the realms of deeply personal insults which have nothing to do with managerial ability.

And yes, it's good to have a wide gambit of opinions and what makes this forum so enjoyable. But Bob has politely reminded me of my thoughts on Matt Smith some 3 seasons ago whilst I'm reminding him of his thoughts on Lee Johnson last season.

All good fun 

I'm just hoping that when Lee falters next ( which he will) that this time around - the comments will surround his coaching ability not his diminutive stature or seemingly sinister bromance with SL or that he takes instructions from a Manager of a League 2 club just up the M5.

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Is that the best you can do?

Yep- I got it wrong about Matt Smith but never wandered into personal insult territory- I watched him for 4 goaless games and my flawed judgement was that he was awful and the rest is history. However I did  seem to get it very right with Flint and particularly Bobby Reid. 2-1 is not an appalling result about players so far but don't you find, Bob, that you're only ever reminded of when you get things spectacularly wrong not when you get something awfully right?

It's good that we've got each other to remind ourselves that we are but mere mortals.

You keep patting yourself on the back 

I'll just get on with enjoying the ride thanks

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I agree. LJ was very very fortunate indeed to keep his job and pretty much any other club in the entire football league would have sacked him but thankfully we're not "any other club". My point was not about having a considered opinion but straying into the realms of deeply personal insults which have nothing to do with managerial ability.

And yes, it's good to have a wide gambit of opinions and what makes this forum so enjoyable. But Bob has politely reminded me of my thoughts on Matt Smith some 3 seasons ago whilst I'm reminding him of his thoughts on Lee Johnson last season.

All good fun 

I'm just hoping that when Lee falters next ( which he will) that this time around - the comments will surround his coaching ability not his diminutive stature or seemingly sinister bromance with SL or that he takes instructions from a Manager of a League 2 club just up the M5.

Thanks MRR, a fair reply. I will defend Bob here as, like him, I was quite vociferous in wanting LJ gone and posted / read most of the posts last winter. While many did post personal criticism of his stature etc, I don't remember Bob doing it. The only other thing that stood out was one poster's genuine belief and steadfast support for LJ and debate it properly, @Bat Fastard, fair play to you!

In hindsight, with what was happening to his dad, I wonder if LJ could have passed temporary control to his assistants to concentrate on Gary as Lj is now showing what a fine Manager / coach he is. That's just my opinion and would have saved him from a lot of vitriol last season and Gary's predicament must have affected LJ.

Congrats both. Especially Aden. Let's hope having recognised CBs(albeit one at fullback) will allow him to be able to defend against faster strikers... Our back line is naturally deeper this season as opposed to last where it was forced deeper. No doubt he is top notch against larger forwards. Let's see how it translates against whippets.

Delighted for both.

Archived