IGNORED

Boro Sat 2/12 17:30 Sky game

t_b

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A game under the floodlights is usually pretty good tbh- I think a Saturday 5.30pm is not a bad slot at all and should be a good atmosphere.

Makes for an absolute shitter of a trek home for the Boro fans not staying over. Paging @Never to the dark side to the forum for travel advice.

I’m flying in from New Zealand for that game, I’m a 98 year old Kiwi who has always followed Bristol City his whole life, I was flying over for this match specifically. My flight back is 7pm on the day of this game. Thanks to this fixture change I am now missing the match. This would have been the first time I have ever seen my beloved city play live. Now I’m going to die a sad old man whose one and only dream has been destroyed by sky sports... 

42 minutes ago, Negan said:

I’m flying in from New Zealand for that game, I’m a 98 year old Kiwi who has always followed Bristol City his whole life, I was flying over for this match specifically. My flight back is 7pm on the day of this game. Thanks to this fixture change I am now missing the match. This would have been the first time I have ever seen my beloved city play live. Now I’m going to die a sad old man whose one and only dream has been destroyed by sky sports... 

With a 19.00 flight, you would not have seen the game anyway with two hours for check in. Change your flight to the next day.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

With a 19.00 flight, you would not have seen the game anyway with two hours for check in. Change your flight to the next day.

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think he's being serious.

53 minutes ago, Negan said:

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think he's being serious.

The 7 o`clock flight was the schoolboy error - if he`d said 11 he`d have got away with it.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Watching the match would have been too exciting for an old stager like look.  Probably a heart attack when City’s fifth goal went in. Stick to a nice cup of cocoa with your slippers on 

38 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The 7 o`clock flight was the schoolboy error - if he`d said 11 he`d have got away with it.

I'm the pilot lads. I can roll up 20 minutes before we take off. 

36 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Dash from the ground to a waiting limo, whisked down the A38 to board a private jet parked at the General Aviation terminal at Lulsgate, and back off to Middle-Earth he would go. A 98 year old retiree with a successful business career, and accumulated wealth, would surely have his own G-5 on call.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

How's that a good thing..?! 

Home games being on Sky just tempt people to stay at home. 

I'd like it if Sky televised games were a tenner to get in. Get the place full.  

It beats boro away 5.30 on a saturday in december!

Archived