IGNORED

Ricardo Carvalho sentenced to prison

Tipps69

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11069613

Not seen or heard this mentioned anywhere but the Spanish authorities are clearly clamping down on players committing fraud!!

Don't the Spanish operate some sort of system whereby if you haven't always been a wrong 'un and you get less than 2 years you don't actually have to go to prison?

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't the Spanish operate some sort of system whereby if you haven't always been a wrong 'un and you get less than 2 years you don't actually have to go to prison?

Yes, it's normally a suspended sentence

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yes, it's normally a suspended sentence

But I can’t see that mentioned in the article, just that he’d had his sentence reduced & had a £300,000 fine as well as paying back the tax that he tried hiding. Or have I read the article wrong?

40 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But I can’t see that mentioned in the article, just that he’d had his sentence reduced & had a £300,000 fine as well as paying back the tax that he tried hiding. Or have I read the article wrong?

It says this:

Spanish law is such that any sentence under two years for a non-violent crime rarely requires a defendant without previous convictions to serve jail time.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

It says this:

Spanish law is such that any sentence under two years for a non-violent crime rarely requires a defendant without previous convictions to serve jail time.

But it doesn’t state that this was the case in this incident, just that it rarely happens in similar incidents.

And then it makes me wonder just how much someone has to defraud someone before they get a decent length of sentence? Because it’s not like we are talking peanuts here, we are talking hundreds of thousands of Euro’s.

Always seems to be one rule for ‘the haves’ & another rule for the ‘have nots’!!

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But it doesn’t state that this was the case in this incident, just that it rarely happens in similar incidents.

And then it makes me wonder just how much someone has to defraud someone before they get a decent length of sentence? Because it’s not like we are talking peanuts here, we are talking hundreds of thousands of Euro’s.

Always seems to be one rule for ‘the haves’ & another rule for the ‘have nots’!!

Yes, but Messi owed a lot more and is still free to roam the country

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yes, but Messi owed a lot more and is still free to roam the country

Correct & hasn’t / isn’t Ronaldo going through similar?

As I said, just how much do they have to defraud someone before they get a proper sentence? I guess if I was in a position to carry out such a crime then I might be dealt with very differently?

13 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If you fancy doing a bit of fraud, go to Spain to avoid justice. 

Are these people really commiting fraud intentionally or are there just some very strange and complex laws that these players are being caught out by in Spain.

i can’t imagine Carvalho would risk prison for 2 weeks wages

Archived