IGNORED

Morrell

Charlie BCFC

39 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I'm pretty sure he has played most of his career in midfield. Also comparing to other young players isn't helpful. Players are ready when there ready. He has already gone from not playing in conference to being a regular + key player in league 2. I don't think our midfield is so dire that we need to rush and take a risk on Morrell (potentially damaging his confidence and in all probability not playing every game like he is now). Also whilst he is doing amazingly well he is also not so spectacularly brilliant that we have to bring him back now. 

I don't think we need to be in such a rush, let him get regular men's football for a season then get pre season with us and assess things from there. 

Exactly, why rush him? Its better for his development that he's playing games every week, I reckon we're needing another midfielder as GO'N seems to be permanently out, and I'd expect someone to be brought in in January.

20 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

How exactly?

Because we are speaking about a young man who went out to a non-league side last year and struggled to get game time. He isn't even into double figures of professional starts yet is he? We are well filled in that particular area of the pitch too. He has a nice looking future, granted. But playing in the Championship this season? No.

I gather from your posts you are one of the younger amongst OTIB, which is great - but sometimes enthusiasm can often lead to over-reaction ;).

COYR

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

What exactly are you on about?

Hegeler isn’t a midfielder and has never played well there would consider him more of a defender. I would bring back Morrell and give him an opportunity. Also Sessegnon was thrown in to the team at 16 and look at him now. No reason why Morrell can’t have a chance at this level.

Hegeler "isn't a midfielder" despite making over 100 Bundesliga appearances in the position..

4 hours ago, Flint says No said:

What exactly are you on about?

Hegeler isn’t a midfielder and has never played well there would consider him more of a defender. I would bring back Morrell and give him an opportunity. Also Sessegnon was thrown in to the team at 16 and look at him now. No reason why Morrell can’t have a chance at this level.

And you had the temerity to call me deluded :facepalm: 

On 09/10/2017 at 18:37, BCFC Richard said:

I'm pretty sure he has played most of his career in midfield. Also comparing to other young players isn't helpful. Players are ready when there ready. He has already gone from not playing in conference to being a regular + key player in league 2. I don't think our midfield is so dire that we need to rush and take a risk on Morrell (potentially damaging his confidence and in all probability not playing every game like he is now). Also whilst he is doing amazingly well he is also not so spectacularly brilliant that we have to bring him back now. 

I don't think we need to be in such a rush, let him get regular men's football for a season then get pre season with us and assess things from there. 

Yes he has played most of his careeer in midfield but give me one game Hegeler has played well in the middle of midfield? I’m saying give him a chance for a couple of games like we did with Bryan, Fulham with Sessegnon and Forest with all of their youngsters last season. Maybe not when we’re in this form which could last all season  but say if we’re struggling why can’t we give him a chance? 

On 09/10/2017 at 19:35, EmersonsRed said:

Because we are speaking about a young man who went out to a non-league side last year and struggled to get game time. He isn't even into double figures of professional starts yet is he? We are well filled in that particular area of the pitch too. He has a nice looking future, granted. But playing in the Championship this season? No.

I gather from your posts you are one of the younger amongst OTIB, which is great - but sometimes enthusiasm can often lead to over-reaction ;).

COYR

Looking at your incredibly harsh criticism of Flint I think you overreact more than I do...

Just now, Flint says No said:

Looking at your incredibly harsh criticism of Flint I think you overreact more than I do...

Good evening mate.

Look at my posts, I give credit where credit is due. I don't think Flint is very good, he is slow, laboured and can't make up for his own mistakes against quick strikers. That being said, he has done superbly against all the lumps we've faced this season and having a solid CB either side of him (albeit one at RB) has helped him drastically. I have also praised his attitude from day one. @BobBobSuperBob will vouch.

No need for the deflection young sir, I wasn't being horrible. Merely pointing out someone who hasn't made 10 professional starts in the league probably isn't quite ready for Championship football.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Good evening mate.

Look at my posts, I give credit where credit is due. I don't think Flint is very good, he is slow, laboured and can't make up for his own mistakes against quick strikers. That being said, he has done superbly against all the lumps we've faced this season and having a solid CB either side of him (albeit one at RB) has helped him drastically. I have also praised his attitude from day one. @BobBobSuperBob will vouch.

No need for the deflection young sir, I wasn't being horrible. Merely pointing out someone who hasn't made 10 professional starts in the league probably isn't quite ready for Championship football.

And at the end of the day we are entitled to our opinions just as you’re with Flint. I just found it strange you say I overreact when you criticise Flint rather harshly in my honest opinion.

7 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

And at the end of the day we are entitled to our opinions just as you’re with Flint. I just found it strange you say I overreact when you criticise Flint rather harshly in my honest opinion.

Whether you agree with me or not, I base my opinion on that he was at the heart of a woeful defence for two years.

You base your Morrell will play a part in our team this year opinion on 6 League Two starts.

One is over-reacting. One if having an opinion based on two years of defensive performances. 

You're in a dead end with this one mate... Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Yes but give me one game Hegeler has played well in for us as a MIDFIELDER?

Hegeler's tackling isn't good enough to play CM in the Championship, he mistimes them and gets booked. In Germany it's a different style of play. However when playing at the back he reads the game superbly so he doesn't have to tackle so much, he can also bring the ball out of defence and pick a pass. That's one of the reasons why LJ thinks he's better there. Morrell should get his chance but it should be in cup games to start with unless we're desperate.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:35, redcherryberry said:

Being given an opportunity was all JM needed. GJ has done us & the player a massive favour here especially after unsuccessful Conference loans.

Joe's has always been technically good, has the ability to control/dictate a game but always been on the small side. He has added a tenacious side to his game and he's better for it.

The first thing LJ done went appointed was to convince JM's parents the kids has a future here.

He played left mid Sat v Swindon and hardly got a touch until GJ on 70 mins went back to 4 3 3 moved Joe central and was then involved in everything for the last 20 mins. His confidence is sky high at the minute & rightly so.

Im chuffed that Joe is playing 1st team league football, I genuinely believe he will be an asset to us in the future.

Whilst I am happy for him, I do question if its ultimately damaging playing for a manager that is playing him wide left of a midfield 3. Maybe it would be wise to re asses his options in January, looking to see if there are any clubs out there who would be interested in playing JM centrally as his game isn't going to benefit from being played out of position.

33 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

I wouldn't worry about that too much Yorkshire, It was a one off.  

A tactical decision that GJ eventually realised wasn't working thus changed it and moved Joe back central. That being said many would say the more 'different' positions a kid plays the more savvy he will become......

It hasn't done Bryan any harm

13 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Yes I do

In what way you cheeky little gamer? 

I have seen it all at City, the ups and downs I have been there when we beat Pompey to go up, and seen us plummet to the very bottom of the football league, I even moved to back Bristol when we were promoted to the top flight. Too many scars to count along the way....  

Sooo give it your best shot kid  :P

On 09/10/2017 at 16:35, redcherryberry said:

Being given an opportunity was all JM needed. GJ has done us & the player a massive favour here especially after unsuccessful Conference loans.

Joe's has always been technically good, has the ability to control/dictate a game but always been on the small side. He has added a tenacious side to his game and he's better for it.

The first thing LJ done went appointed was to convince JM's parents the kids has a future here.

He played left mid Sat v Swindon and hardly got a touch until GJ on 70 mins went back to 4 3 3 moved Joe central and was then involved in everything for the last 20 mins. His confidence is sky high at the minute & rightly so.

The positive thing about Johnson is there clearly is a pathway into our first team if the player is deemed good enough. I suspect that will continue going forward and can only be a positive for the club especially in terms of recruitment if we can demonstrate a pathway into our first team 

8 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

In what way you cheeky little gamer? 

I have seen it all at City, the ups and downs I have been there when we beat Pompey to go up, and seen us plummet to the very bottom of the football league, I even moved to back Bristol when we were promoted to the top flight. Too many scars to count along the way....  

Sooo give it your best shot kid  :P

I’m not saying you’re a fake fan or plastic because why would you be on this forum commenting about Bristol City. I just don’t agree with some of your opinions and the same goes to you with my opinions it seems. But at the end of the day it is a forum and if we don’t accept everyone else’s opinions then what is the point of going on the forum?

28 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

But at the end of the day it is a forum and if we don’t accept everyone else’s opinions then what is the point of going on the forum?

But this is OTIB. There was a time when anyone who hinted at backing Lee Johnson would be ridiculed, the same LJ that's taken us to 4th. You're allowed an opinion, just as long as it aligns with the other circle jerkers on here.

On 10 October 2017 at 21:42, Flint says No said:

Yes but give me one game Hegeler has played well in for us as a MIDFIELDER?

His debut.

But anyway, that is a completely different thing.

A bit like me saying Elliot Parish isn't a goalkeeper, you then saying he is and then me saying but he isn't very good....

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

His debut.

A bit like me saying Elliot Parish isn't a goalkeeper, you then saying he is and then me saying but he isn't very good....

Didn’t he play RCB in a 3 v Fleetwood on debut?

To be fair I was one of the ones on here wanting him to play midfield.  I really thought the capability we’d seen on the ball in those first few games would be so suited to our midfield.  Unfortunately the pace and aggression was too much in a two...I still think in a three we’d see his class.

On 11/10/2017 at 21:32, GrahamC said:

His debut.

Although yes he had a good game, he  played in a back three not in midfield.

On 11/10/2017 at 20:54, JammyOne said:

But this is OTIB. There was a time when anyone who hinted at backing Lee Johnson would be ridiculed, the same LJ that's taken us to 4th. You're allowed an opinion, just as long as it aligns with the other circle jerkers on here.

Very true, if you cast your mind back I was one of the LJ backers 

Archived