IGNORED

Eternally funny comedy shows .

Major Isewater

I've been  watching ' Father Ted ' recently and laughing like a drain .

It struck me that the series was well over twenty years old but still ******* fresh and funny .

It got me thinking about other shows that are still funny and ones that have become completely dated .

Life of Brian , Red Dwarf , Black Adder works as does Yes Minister.

Fawlty Towers , still funny by virtue of it's surrealism but it is dated .

The Young Ones I adored in the eighties . The reruns are not so funny and even a little embarrassing.

What do you lot think ? 

f.  eck , doesn't get through on OTIB but does on the BBC ! 

Bambi episode of the young ones is still great mind. One of the greatest cast of uk actors/comedians you’ll ever see.

Been enjoying a bit of OFAH lately on Gold too. Still pretty timeless

15 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Are we assuming these shows will be available after the end of the world?

I.e. Eternally?

There won't be any comedy - just blackness. 

Sorry to piss on your parade.

:reaper:

tfj

If it’s just the end of our planet then possibly not. Tv signals will have probably drifted into space over the years 

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

If it’s just the end of our planet then possibly not. Tv signals will have probably drifted into space over the years 

So even if mankind escapes to Mars, we will still be able to get Building Alaska, and Real Housewives of Orange County?

******* ace.

:thumbsup:

tfj

12 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

An eternally funny comedy show would be the remake of 'Yes Prime Minister' after the 2022 general election.

Corbyn is the PM.

The dialogue would be wonderful.

We can make this happen.

:clapping:

tfj

For a comedy to be funny it has to have a certain reference to reality .

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The show I never tire of is "Only fools and horses"

Simply  the best comedy of them all.

Classic characters, Del Boy, Rodney (Dave) Cassandra, Rachel, Boycey, Trigger.

Briliantly scripted and acted. Top, top show.

I'd imagine you can relate to Trigger.

:thumbsup:

tfj

If the Timelords are collecting then perhaps a bit of 'Til Death Us Do Part' or 'Steptoe and Son' might find a place. The latter's Christmas Special of 1974 is a masterpiece.

Dare I say Monty Python is a given? Agreed, they could be a bit hit or miss, but surely a classic.

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

If the Timelords are collecting then perhaps a bit of 'Til Death Us Do Part' or 'Steptoe and Son' might find a place. The latter's Christmas Special of 1974 is a masterpiece.

Dare I say Monty Python is a given? Agreed, they could be a bit hit or miss, but surely a classic.

The best ever imo

On Channel 19 (I think it's called Yesterday) they show a variety of retro "comedy" programmes, but I only bother with one or two.

One Foot in the Grave and Some Mothers Do Have 'Em are the best but greatly spoiled by awful canned laughter.  :shifty:     If not for that background distraction they would be far better but the laughter on it just deviates away from any actual enjoyment.      On the Buses is another I like a lot, seriously, whatever is said, it was a great series and some of the best story lines and situations brought to television.    It's sad that only one of the main cast it still alive, there were some great other names involved.

Don't understand why Fawlty Towers receives so much adulation.   It's not amusing (spare one or two scenarios over the series) and Cleese hams it up so much, it actually causes more harm than good.      Must be in a minority, but swear have a hard job finding any humour in that show.

Someone mentioned Hale and Pace, Christ that takes me back.   Can't remember what channel it was on but usually around 10pm on a Sunday if memory serves.  

Some songs are very very long,

This one isn't..

OFAH will always be the greatest comedy series ever written. Lee Macks Not Going Out doesn't get enough recognition, and I believe it's one of the last old school types of comedy today.

Depending on the mood, The Royal Family is a great comedy show to sit down to, and enjoy. I think everyone can relate to the family antics.

Never understood how people enjoy Miranda, possibly the worst comedy show of all time. How that got aired, I do not know.

Archived