IGNORED

Eros Pisano

cummins17

3 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Is he likely to be ready for Burton? Didnt realise the injury would keep him out this long

Don't think we've had an update yet. LJ did say that how the injury happened was very unusual which makes diagnoses and the correct treatment harder to determine.

LJ also said that we don`t have to rush him back and he expected him to be fit for Burton as we had the luxury of being able to give him another two weeks to fully get over it.

With Bailey coming back early from Australia injured though we`ll need to see what happens now I guess - I imagine the plan was to play EP v Burton due to Bailey`s travelling and see how things went with eight days then until Leeds but that may change now if Bailey just has a slight knock.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Don't think we've had an update yet. LJ did say that how the injury happened was very unusual which makes diagnoses and the correct treatment harder to determine.

Simply slipped at the training ground in a downpour 

His initial,'should be back in a few days' has dissapeared 

Imfear we might not see him for a while yet

But hope I'm wrong

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But hope I'm wrong

Think they initially said 7-10 days. Was half hoping we might see him on the bench v Ipswich therefore, so fingers crossed with this break he is ready to go, otherwise it has turned out a fair bit more serious than they thought at the time.

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Think they initially said 7-10 days. Was half hoping we might see him on the bench v Ipswich therefore, so fingers crossed with this break he is ready to go, otherwise it has turned out a fair bit more serious than they thought at the time.

Yea it's already been a lot longer than anticipated which is a bit of a worry. It's good we don't have to rush players back but a bit worrying with Wright now out. If both are out I guess you could try Smith or Brownhill out there but me personally just go with Vyner. Last couple times I've seen him play he's started slow but always comes into the game and look comfortable by the end. He's very good on the ball and would just need to be wary of the counter attacks as I imagine we'll have lots of possession. 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But hope I'm wrong

I've said before that this seems to happen time and again in football. The initial time out seems to be underestimated frequently then creeps up in increments. The same happened with Đurić and Taylor.

Is it incompetent medical staff or do they just say what the boss wants to hear then cross their fingers I wonder?

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I've said before that this seems to happen time and again in football. The initial time out seems to be underestimated frequently then creeps up in increments. The same happened with Đurić and Taylor.

Is it incompetent medical staff or do they just say what the boss wants to hear then cross their fingers I wonder?

I’d imagine it’s so opposition managers can’t predict our team as easily.

Archived