IGNORED

England

INCRED

Just watched England U17s demolish Chile 4-0 in the U17 World Cup on top of the euro final they got to back in the summer. Add in the U20s winning the World Cup and U21s good tournament. What was apparent was the technical ability and athleticism we have in those age groups. Is this the potential crop of world beaters that we have been waiting so long for?

Current full England international crop lack technical ability that these youngsters have in my opinion. Perhaps Southgate needs to take a few risks next summer because we won’t do much with the current squad. Crying out for someone like Winks to step in for Henderson or Dier

17 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Just watched England U17s demolish Chile 4-0 in the U17 World Cup on top of the euro final they got to back in the summer. Add in the U20s winning the World Cup and U21s good tournament. What was apparent was the technical ability and athleticism we have in those age groups. Is this the potential crop of world beaters that we have been waiting so long for?

Current full England international crop lack technical ability that these youngsters have in my opinion. Perhaps Southgate needs to take a few risks next summer because we won’t do much with the current squad. Crying out for someone like Winks to step in for Henderson or Dier

I'd so much rather we took a team of kids desperate to prove themselves to Southgate than the usual boring old ******* lot. Winks, Alexander-Arnold, Oxford, Calvert-Lewin, Solanke, even Lloyd Kelly.

22 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Whats all this obsession about Winks? Dier keeps him out at club level doesnt he?

I like Dier and haven't seen anything special from Winks. Heard Winks is set to start tonight though so maybe I'll see something from him I haven't before. 

I think the current England group has some good players in there just calling out for someone to get the right mix. Alli, Rashford, Kane, Lallana, Dier, and even Sterling are all capable at international level but management hasn't gotten near enough out of them. 

Though I agree with the upcoming group of youngsters. They could be putting serious pressure on some of the current senior players soon. Some good young players but they need to play for their club teams as much as possible and that's the big problem. 

Unfortunately these young players will get very little experience in their club sides. So it is difficult to see how they are going to develop into players who can win things with England.

All the money in the prem and pressure on managers to win just ruins the chances of young english players to get the match time they need to realise their potential.

47 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Because there's nothing riding on this I fully expect the England team to put in the performance of their lives and win by at least 4. Enjoy it, normal service will resume shortly afterwards.

Or watch the Scotland game, which has something on it.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd so much rather we took a team of kids desperate to prove themselves to Southgate than the usual boring old ******* lot. Winks, Alexander-Arnold, Oxford, Calvert-Lewin, Solanke, even Lloyd Kelly.

I don't think they would let anyone down and certainly used to doing well in tournament football. Technically they are in a different class to the current England senior squad. It would be fantastic if he took a handful of them to Russia. We don't have exactly a lot to lose by doing so.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Shit thread title - no effort made at all.

Should be ashamed of yourself.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Because there's nothing riding on this I fully expect the England team to put in the performance of their lives and win by at least 4. Enjoy it, normal service will resume shortly afterwards.

Turns out the useless shites couldn't even manage that. Seriously going to be embarrassing on and off the pitch next summer.

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

Just watched England U17s demolish Chile 4-0 in the U17 World Cup on top of the euro final they got to back in the summer. Add in the U20s winning the World Cup and U21s good tournament.

Today the England amputee team reached their World Cup Final where they'll play either Poland or Turkey.

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I like Dier and haven't seen anything special from Winks. Heard Winks is set to start tonight though so maybe I'll see something from him I haven't before. 

I think the current England group has some good players in there just calling out for someone to get the right mix. Alli, Rashford, Kane, Lallana, Dier, and even Sterling are all capable at international level but management hasn't gotten near enough out of them. 

Though I agree with the upcoming group of youngsters. They could be putting serious pressure on some of the current senior players soon. Some good young players but they need to play for their club teams as much as possible and that's the big problem. 

What did you think of Winks?  Over-rated imho.

We do miss Lallana imho, one our the few players who players for country like he does for club.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What did you think of Winks?  Over-rated imho.

We do miss Lallana imho, one our the few players who players for country like he does for club.

Tbf I thought he was a bit brighter amongst the dross that is plaguing England at the moment. Everything was quick and crisp from him. Didn't take a lot of dribbles or time to make a pass. Was a bit refreshing. Doesn't change my mind on how he got to that point already with mostly last 10-15 min appearances for Spurs but thought he did ok tonight.

Look at Rashford and Alli. Thought they over dribbled at times when a quick pass would've done the trick. Henderson I'm just not a fan of. Think he does a lot of backwards and sideways passing and often misplaces those. 

Just to clarify my comment, a lot of the media were going over the top about Winks’ performance last night. He was okay, nothing more imho. There were worse out there I admit. 

Over the past couple of seasons we seem desperate to pick players with little first team experience.  Ok, you could argue that we may not have unearthed Rashford and Alli otherwise, but at least both of those really burst into the club scene. Winks hasn’t. 

Maybe it just us a real lack of players in our country. 

21 hours ago, Super said:

Whats all this obsession about Winks? Dier keeps him out at club level doesnt he?

Dier and Winks aren't really competing for the same role. They both started Spurs' last match.

Winks is more of an energetic box-to-box type, Dier is definitely a more defensive option.

In a midfield two, with one holding and the other being asked to get up and down the pitch, Winks is the latter. It's more like Dier/Wanyama and Winks/Dembele/Sissoko competing. Obviously they're a bit interchangeable if needed as and when but on the whole they're not competing.

Archived