IGNORED

Bristol City or England?

Fat Cigar

Bristol City or England?  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leading on from the brilliantly titled thread last week about England.

Personally, my passion/interest for the England national team has been severely tested over the last few years, with Euro 2016 being the final straw. 

Be interested to see what people think re: the poll.

If I'd set this poll 10+ years ago, I would have (probably) answered England. Now? Bristol City winning promotion every time. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

If I'd set this poll 10+ years ago, I would have (probably) answered England. Now? Bristol City winning promotion every time. 

Completely agree, used to say England as it would be such as massive thing to enjoy with all friends

But nowadays it would be City every day of the week

Same as above.  Twenty years ago it would have been England winning the World Cup, no question at all.

Now I take the view that if the majority of the England team can't be bothered then I don't see why I should be either.

The Bristol City players do very much still care about their team so that's who I want to succeed.

I didn't watch a single minute of the two England games; twenty years ago I wouldn't have missed a single minute.

I used to follow both ardently and attended Mexico 86, Germany 88, Italy 90 and Sweden 92 plus a couple of games at Euro 96 and Germany 2006. Now, I'll watch England on the tele but am not really that bothered. The fact Russia are hosting and then Qatar doesn't help but it's CIty all day long for me.

I will watch next summers world cup and would love England to do well but won't get too carried away like I used to.

It has to be City.  Whilst I would love to see England win the world cup in my life time, it would be a buzz for a few weeks - at most to the next failure friendly a few weeks later.

With City this is a minimum of one season with many sold out games against the so-called "cream of the crop".

We will also end up finding out if Pack IS better than Henderson !! :shutup:

Bristol City or England? The answer is Bristol City.

But Premiership promotion v World Cup isn't a like for like comparison in my opinion. I should see BC in the Premiership in my lifetime but I doubt England will win the World Cup so I chose the latter.

Premiership Champions v World Cup winners and I'd chose the Prem.

To break the pattern it is England to win the World Cup over anything City will ever or can achieve. Let's not kid ourselves, if England by some miracle find themselves in the Semis next summer then all the crap football will be forgotten and almost everyone will be watching.

And when/if we ever win it again, the national hysteria and celebration will far exceed anything that City could produce. I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but it isn't really comparable in my opinion.   

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Same as above.  Twenty years ago it would have been England winning the World Cup, no question at all.

Now I take the view that if the majority of the England team can't be bothered then I don't see why I should be either.

The Bristol City players do very much still care about their team so that's who I want to succeed.

I didn't watch a single minute of the two England games; twenty years ago I wouldn't have missed a single minute.

You know, I'm not sure that's true. We're just not that good anymore. Loads of reasons why we always underachieve (which I won't go into), but I do believe the players care. 

42 minutes ago, Neo said:

It has to be City.  Whilst I would love to see England win the world cup in my life time, it would be a buzz for a few weeks - at most to the next failure friendly a few weeks later.

With City this is a minimum of one season with many sold out games against the so-called "cream of the crop".

We will also end up finding out if Pack IS better than Henderson !! :shutup:

I actually think the atmosphere in the country would be amazing. And last several months. But, City first for me. 

29 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

To break the pattern it is England to win the World Cup over anything City will ever or can achieve. Let's not kid ourselves, if England by some miracle find themselves in the Semis next summer then all the crap football will be forgotten and almost everyone will be watching.

And when/if we ever win it again, the national hysteria and celebration will far exceed anything that City could produce. I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but it isn't really comparable in my opinion.   

True. But it ain't gonna happen is it. 

Couldnt give a t0ss about England. 

Players are dreadful but are so overhyped i guess they believe theyre superstars even though a lot of them wouldnt stand out a great deal at championship level. 

Negative mindset, tactics and this incessant need for meaningless keep ball in our own half drives me mad. English football was always wing play, pace, power and strength and failing that, very direct. 

Why we try to be like everyone else is beyond me. Wish we’d go back to basics and not try to conform to the Spain tippy-tap bullsh1t we have spent years trying to replicate ( very badly ). 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely it should be winning the premier league? Not sure getting there should be compared to a world cup win.

I'm trying to be realistic. More chance of England winning the WC than us winning the Prem. Ok, Eng are useless, but surely that's more likely to happen?

Definitely City. England winning the world cup would be amazing but:

a) Bristol City getting promoted would feel more special to me personally. 

b) England winning the world cup would lead to embarrassing scenes of every non-football supporting politician, TV host and celebrity trying to make it all about them.

c) the hype for future tournaments in the press would be unbearable. 

Archived