IGNORED

Working the French way

BigTone

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Are you sure you were in France Tone?

Your picture could have been taken pretty much anywhere in the U.K..............

You need to get out more, the big building (the railway station) is just so unmistakably French, they are nearly all like that in France in fact I had a double take because I thought it looked like the railway station in Vannes.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point was......that local authority workers are pretty much the same everywhere you go. 

The Spanish guys are exactly the same as the council workers here in U.K. 

Ah, that wasn't exactly clear.

There is a strange phenomenon here in France with local authority workers, you drive past ongoing work and low and behold apart from people stood around usually smoking or taking a piss in full view nothing is happening, fast forward 2 hours the work is mysteriously complete the same people are stood around smoking and the bloke is still taking a piss.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The sale of the land was completed and the erection of the fence was given a 3 month completion beyond the sale completion, the only funds that could be held were mine anyway, he bought the land from me.

I appreciate the technicalities but the notaire could perhaps have taken a caution against the non construction ? 

I don't know.

Anyhow you are right and your buyer is a dishonest synt. 

56 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ah, that wasn't exactly clear.

There is a strange phenomenon here in France with local authority workers, you drive past ongoing work and low and behold apart from people stood around usually smoking or taking a piss in full view nothing is happening, fast forward 2 hours the work is mysteriously complete the same people are stood around smoking and the bloke is still taking a piss.

I annoy Mrs , or should I say Madame , Isewater whenever there's à French Police drama on the telly because I always note that they go around in threes. 

British Police in pairs or more likely  alone , Happy Valley style .

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

My point was......that local authority workers are pretty much the same everywhere you go. 

The Spanish guys are exactly the same as the council workers here in U.K. 

Apologies I was having an all too frequent grey moment

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Meaning that perhaps these people were slower because of reduced mental capacity and therefore not the fastest workers .

As noted earlier in the thread town halls  here in France employ ' special needs ' individuals to do supervised work in the community .

They aren't taken on for their efficiency but as a platform to help them enjoy something of a ' normal ' life so no big deal if it takes them a long time to finish a task .

At least they can have some pride in their work and a sense of self worth .

I hope that clears things up for you ?

Yes I totally agree and bow to your greater knowledge as a resident.

It's the term 'Special needs' that irks , it's so outdated

Tin hat on for my PC stance :ph34r: 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I appreciate the technicalities but the notaire could perhaps have taken a caution against the non construction ? 

I don't know.

Anyhow you are right and your buyer is a dishonest synt. 

The real problem is the notaire is just a highly paid tax collector for the republic and even though he drew up the contract he does not have any power whatsoever to enact any of HIS contract should a dispute arise in fact they will not even get involved whatsoever other than tell you that they cannot get involved, only lawyers can sort any ensuing problem, it is why I say that litigation in France is bullshit and nigh on impossible to achieve unless you are minted, it can also take years to arrive at a decision, the bullshit system is designed to totally discourage litigation of any sort.

Don't get me wrong the British system has become so Americanised and ridiculous and I would hope that will never become the norm here in France but at least there is a route to recourse in Britain.

French logic.

My French neighbour is having an extension built to his house and yesterday had this conversation with his project manager.

Project manager "As you know the plans for the extension show a substantial oak beam between your existing structure and the new build".

Neighbour "yes".

Project manager "the builders now say that the use of that beam is unnecessary as the existing house is strong enough to be ok without it".

Neighbour "great, how much will that save me?".

Project manager "well nothing, it has already been paid for".

Neighbour "so you have phoned me at my place of work to tell me that an item already paid for is unnecessary and do I want it fitted as per the building plans or not and whether I have it fitted or not there is no financial gain for me either way?".

Project manager "yes".

Neighbour "Tom you are a ******* idiot if you even have to ask that question FFS".

Archived