IGNORED

Wales v ROI (Merged)

Robin101

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can't understand why they don't host massive games like this at the Millennium. It would have sold out for a game as big as this. Fans miss out on tickets and the Welsh FA miss out on money. Odd one.

Thought i read it was coleman's choice.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Is there a scenario of results that means that the 2nd place in this group fails to make the play-offs? Come on [insert one or more European countries here]!

Think croatia are one team neither want to win.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Ireland have to win don't they? Presumably not playing for a draw - but only Wales seem to be trying to win.

If ireland can get to 70.mins at 0-0 they will be happy i expect.

57 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I don't have Sky but have discovered you can watch it on S4C live, via BBC iPlayer (even though S4C is presumably not BBC).

Its in Welsh of course! Except when Coleman is interviewed.

You star! Well found.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can't understand why they don't host massive games like this at the Millennium. It would have sold out for a game as big as this. Fans miss out on tickets and the Welsh FA miss out on money. Odd one.

I totally understand what you're saying. But with the smaller ground you do get a much more intense atmosphere. Which should help the players. Saying that I'm basing that on England. With the atmosphere at Wembley being probably the worst in football. When Wembley was being rebuilt and England played around the country. The atmospheres were much better. Sorry to go off topic 

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I totally understand what you're saying. But with the smaller ground you do get a much more intense atmosphere. Which should help the players. Saying that I'm basing that on England. With the atmosphere at Wembley being probably the worst in football. When Wembley was being rebuilt and England played around the country. The atmospheres were much better. Sorry to go off topic 

Yeah I do appreciate the counter argument and there's no doubting the atmosphere at CCS is incredible. It also disproves the theory that modern stadia make for crap atmospheres. But having said that, the Millennium is more intimate than Wembley and capable of generating phenomenal atmospheres too!

Looking on twitter a lot of the Wales supporters seem to have a bit of a superfan view about it - "if you didn't come when we were crap why should you come now". Never really liked that mentality. I would always rather see my team welcome more support, rather than behaving like some sort of exclusive club.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Very true  - and at 0-0 its level. Just didn't feel that 50/50 was a fair summary of the match, that's all.

With games like this I usually have to have a bet to generate some interest in it, especially with Calum not involved ATM.

It is fairly entertaining...

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

With games like this I usually have to have a bet to generate some interest in it, especially with Calum not involved ATM.

It is fairly entertaining...

And I'm technically half Welsh! But psychologically 95% English.

Archived