IGNORED

We can go 2nd on friday

southvillekiddy

Yeah, more worried about this than I was about Bolton. They've made some decent acquisitions, but I expect we'll see everyone behind the ball. Could be very close, could end up being reliant on CO'D and JP as the main ball carriers along the flanks.

I think Friday is massive. Not for where it leaves us at 9:45, but for where it leaves us in way of belief - both players and fans.

A lots been made of both our mirrored start between this and last season, and our form after last years international break. The players will be aware of that too.

A win, and a good performance will allay a lot of the psychological concerns from both players and fans.

I see us being prepared, focussed and walking out with a solid if unspectacular 2-0. That may make us second for a while, but means far more "big picture"

Burtons away record is dismal with a lot of goals conceded. As others have said, they'll probably park the bus and try to snatch one on the break.

So patience is necessary on and off the pitch. Score early and it could be a goalfest.

Position in table is a bit irrelevant so long as we continue to gather points and reach 50 as soon as possible. After that we can look upwards and dream.

The International break did us no favours last year. A solid win and decent performance puts us back in a good run of form , we struggle and thoughts turn to last year.  I can see 2-0 and a difficult game, that could change with an early goal and to be fair we've started well in many games lately.

37 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The International break did us no favours last year. A solid win and decent performance puts us back in a good run of form , we struggle and thoughts turn to last year.  I can see 2-0 and a difficult game, that could change with an early goal and to be fair we've started well in many games lately.

Thanks, Lee.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think Friday is massive. Not for where it leaves us at 9:45, but for where it leaves us in way of belief - both players and fans.

A lots been made of both our mirrored start between this and last season, and our form after last years international break. The players will be aware of that too.

A win, and a good performance will allay a lot of the psychological concerns from both players and fans.

I see us being prepared, focussed and walking out with a solid if unspectacular 2-0. That may make us second for a while, but means far more "big picture"

Agree 100%. 

The quicker we get a win after the international break, after last seasons problems, the better. 

There are no easy games and Burton will be something of a wounded animal after their last couple of defeats and have had time to work on drills, however, if we do have sights on staying at the top end of the table, then games don't fall much more kindly than Burton at home, in this division. 

I'm looking forward to this game after the boredom of the international break. It looks winnable on paper but it's not going to be easy and will probably be one of those games where we have to grind out a win. Burton showed they were no mugs last season and caused us plenty of problems at Ashton Gate. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and get an early goal to enable us to dictate the pace of the game.

Not if but when.

Go in thinking we might will lead to doubt and hesitation. Go in confidently thinking we will will lead to a win.

Positivity breeds positivity. Thinking we might and sitting on the fence leads to only one thing - falling off with splinters in your ass.

No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

Me and 2 of the young 'uns will be taking our place behind the goal on Friday!

As many are saying this could turn out to be one of those type of games that we need to really grind out a result.  On the other hand, this is quite a different Bristol City we are enjoying watching and this could be one of those games where we really smash a result.  Here's hoping.

Grind out a 1-0 win and I'll be pleased. Would reignite our momentum and we could go crashing into the Leeds game with our tails well and truly up. For some reason I fancy us more against Leeds than I do Burton. 

Blimey if we could somehow get 6 points from these two fixtures - or even 4 to be honest - then things would be getting exciting. 

Archived