IGNORED

We can go 2nd on friday

southvillekiddy

Hi everybody,

I am a German football fan and will be around Bristol this weekend. I got myself tickets for Friday's game :) and am looking for some recommendations by local fans. Do you have any tips regarding the following point?

• A decent Pub where home fans usually gather for a beer before the games.
  • Any famous snack around the Stadium?
  • My tickets are for the south stand (S 23). This is the area for Bristol fans, right (I got confused by the recent changes)?
  • How early do you recommend me to enter the stadium? I know I have a reserved and numbered seat, but is there e.g. a nice atmosphere before the game? In Germany I usually stand at my place more than an hour before kick-off

Thanks a lot  and a big sorry in advance if this was the wrong place to place such a post in this Forum. Looking forward to Friday!

Lukas

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Hi everybody,

I am a German football fan and will be around Bristol this weekend. I got myself tickets for Friday's game :) and am looking for some recommendations by local fans. Do you have any tips regarding the following point?

• My tickets are for the south stand (S 23). This is the area for Bristol fans, right (I got confused by the recent changes)?
  • How early do you recommend me to enter the stadium? I know I have a reserved and numbered seat, but is there e.g. a nice atmosphere before the game? In Germany I usually stand at my place more than an hour before kick-off

Thanks a lot  and a big sorry in advance if this was the wrong place to place such a post in this Forum. Looking forward to Friday!

Lukas

@Lukas

Firstly welcome to the forum

The most famous Bristol City pub is The Three Lions pub, which has lots of history and memrobilia on show in the venue https://whatpub.com/pubs/AVN/315/three-lions-bristol

But the ground also has so much going on in and around it on matchdays too now. There is a fanzone where live bands play before the game, with the iconic statue of John Atyeo looking over the ground

You can enter from any of the turnstiles in the home section as the ground is in a horseshoe shape underneath meaning you can wonder around and look at other parts of the stadium.

English grounds tend to fill up much nearer to kick off, even 30 minutes before kick off it will be quiet inside the stadium

IF, you have time, pop into the Three Lions, you can get some brilliant photos of the ground and the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge behind it, then wonder down to the fanzone etc

31 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Hi everybody,

Lukas

Welcome Lukas. 

There are several pubs that large numbers of home fans occupy before games.. The Rising Sun & The Robins are very close to the ground.. The Three Lions is a bit further away from the ground but is a superb pub. 

As for something to eat.. it you stumble across the Clarks Pie Van near the Rising Sun, their pies are fantastic. A real West Country treat. 

With your seats being near the singing section, the atmosphere should be excellent, as it has been all season so far. 

English fans, tend to leave it quite late with regards to entering the stadium as Phantom mentioned. half hour before kick off is plenty of time. 

Enjoy your visit to Bristol and enjoy watching Bristol's best & biggest football club play. 

38 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Hi everybody,

Lukas

Welcome Lukas.

Two questions, who are your German team and please tell me you're not going to watch the 'other' Bristol 'team' on Saturday as well?

Another vote for the 3 Lions by the way although, if you have time, you might want to try our local tipples in the Orchard pub, near the SS Great Britain.

Perfect, that is exactly the kind of things I was hoping for (just found an amazing Picture of the 3 Lions Pub wrapped in Bristol City flags :D )! Will definately also try the pies and look for some Bristol chants on YouTube ;)

@Ska Junkie: Borussia Dortmund is my Club since my early childhood (family holds two season passes) and...no, I wasn't even aware of another club in Bristol :D 

39 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Perfect, that is exactly the kind of things I was hoping for (just found an amazing Picture of the 3 Lions Pub wrapped in Bristol City flags :D )! Will definately also try the pies and look for some Bristol chants on YouTube ;)

@Ska Junkie: Borussia Dortmund is my Club since my early childhood (family holds two season passes) and...no, I wasn't even aware of another club in Bristol :D 

Sehr Gut.

Ein klassischer sehr lustiger witz :clapping:.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Good lad! Three Lions is a top pub though, get some Natch and you'll be an honorary Bristolian.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Good man Lukas, a close friend of mine, a City fan, travels to the WFS regularly and I've been a few times myself. BvB are an awesome club and we have friends at Dortmund already.

Enjoy!! 

No automatic alt text available.

Lukas welcome to Bristol, hope you enjoy the game, there is a bar at the end of the south stand where you are going to sit it has the largest indoor screen in Europe, you can also get things to eat and drink right there at the back of the stand, please post on here after and let us know what your thoughts are on the ground and our team have a good night.

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

Lukas welcome to Bristol, hope you enjoy the game, there is a bar at the end of the south stand where you are going to sit it has the largest indoor screen in Europe, you can also get things to eat and drink right there at the back of the stand, please post on here after and let us know what your thoughts are on the ground and our team have a good night.

Lukas supports Dortmund PR, we're not going to fair particularly well in comparison. :facepalm:

I actually think a draw against Burton could be psychologically worse than a defeat on Friday. 

A defeat would kick everyone up the arse and prompt LJ to sort it out, whereas a draw would see us all scratching our heads wondering if our top end of the table position is above our status. 

A win would be fantastic of course. 

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good man Lukas, a close friend of mine, a City fan, travels to the WFS regularly and I've been a few times myself. BvB are an awesome club and we have friends at Dortmund already.

Enjoy!! 

Nice! So if I used a BVB Shirt on friday and buy myself a Bristol scharf there would Not be any problem?

5 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Nice! So if I used a BVB Shirt on friday and buy myself a Bristol scharf there would Not be any problem?

No, but Burton play in yellow so you might get some initial quizzical looks I suppose. 

Although I seriously doubt anybody would have a problem with a solo Burton fan let alone Dortmund.

24 minutes ago, Lukas said:

You'll be fine Lukas. My friend normally has Dortmund gear on at City games. If you're in S23, look over to your right, where the stand straightens to meet the side stand and you'll probably see him, about 15 rows back. You won't get any problems, maybe a few genuinely interested questions, that's all. We're a friendly bunch.

If it was a Scheisse 04 shirt, different matter. ;) 

Enjoy! 

6 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

LJ out straight away to stop the rot.

You are even worse than me.

At least I congratulated him on Manager of the Month for September.

I will also be congratulating him when he delivers promotion to the Prem, and when he are in Europe.

"Credit where credit is due".

:yes:

tfj

:shutup:

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Burtons away record is dismal with a lot of goals conceded. As others have said, they'll probably park the bus and try to snatch one on the break.

So patience is necessary on and off the pitch. Score early and it could be a goalfest.

Position in table is a bit irrelevant so long as we continue to gather points and reach 50 as soon as possible. After that we can look upwards and dream.

I think their form during September could be best described as bi-polar.

At home they have been stuffed 4-0 twice, but beat Fulham 2-1. Equally away they got beat 5-0, but also got decent 0-0s at QPR and Norwich.

I suppose it would imply they have the ability to keep it tight, but if they go behind and have to chase a game they often end up getting well beaten. Will not be easy, could be another Millwall, but an early goal would point to a good win.

Archived