IGNORED

We can go 2nd on friday

southvillekiddy

On 10/10/2017 at 16:51, Lukas said:

Thanks a lot everybody....very much appreciated! Looking forward to the weekend.

If any of you does see me and my girlfriend around in Dortmund Shirts, Come and say hi :)

Hi Lukas, 

Can you reccommend the the best way to get Dortmund tickets. Wanting 3 for the Schalke match, it’s a treat for his my sons 18th birthday and nearest match to it. 

If Lukas can’t help can anyone help

Thanks 

On 10/10/2017 at 14:32, Lukas said:

Perfect, that is exactly the kind of things I was hoping for (just found an amazing Picture of the 3 Lions Pub wrapped in Bristol City flags :D )! Will definately also try the pies and look for some Bristol chants on YouTube ;)

@Ska Junkie: Borussia Dortmund is my Club since my early childhood (family holds two season passes) and...no, I wasn't even aware of another club in Bristol :D 

Hope you enjoy the game tonight, not quite the same atmosphere in our south stand to your south stand, or outside the ground like it is outside Stobels for example, but get a pie instead of a sausage and cider instead of a brinkoffs and you'll be doing it the local way! Ashton Gate always has a great atmosphere at a night game, enjoy.

:englandsmile4wf:

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Hi Lukas, 

Can you reccommend the the best way to get Dortmund tickets. Wanting 3 for the Schalke match, it’s a treat for his my sons 18th birthday and nearest match to it. 

Thanks 

Have you tried their website? If not, viagogo - worked for me, but had to pick the tickets up somewhere about 20 minutes away from the ground earlier in the day. Not sure if they send them in the post. 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Hi Lukas, 

Thanks 

You've chosen the toughest game to get tickets for WAT, they're like gold dust when BvB play sh1t 04.  We've managed to get tickets, previously, through a German friend who's a ST holder at the WFS but I doubt if he would do that for someone he doesn't know WTGR.

I would suggest trying for a different fixture as the BvB v sh1t derby is not one for the feint hearted and tickets are more likely to be available. If you go to a different fixture, you may be able to do a ground tour as well which is some experience.

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You've chosen the toughest game to get tickets for WAT, they're like gold dust when BvB play sh1t 04.  We've managed to get tickets, previously, through a German friend who's a ST holder at the WFS but I doubt if he would do that for someone he doesn't know WTGR.

I would suggest trying for a different fixture as the BvB v sh1t derby is not one for the feint hearted and tickets are more likely to be available. If you go to a different fixture, you may be able to do a ground tour as well which is some experience.

I would say the same....even for long time club members its almost impossible to get Tickets to the derby

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot to everybody for their recommendations and especially everybody we met at the 3Lions. I am sitting at the airport in Birmingham And wanted to take that chance to leave you some impressions from Friday. 

- The 3Lions was definately the place to be before the game. Perfect to breathe in some of the pre-game atmosphere, meet some interesting people and feel the ‚vibe’ surrounding your club! Extra points for the amazing terrasse/garden with a view on ashton gate. Cant get better than that. 

- All the people we met were very open and kind with us. The Dortmund shirts were the perfect way to get in contact and start a nice chat. Sean even invited us for some Sambuca and gave us a ride to the stadium! Thx again

- I liked the stadium, especially the location quite central in a residential area (bit like Freiburg: if you have the chance I recommend you to visit a game of FC Freiburg before they move to their new stadium) and the fact that each stand looks a little bit different. In how many games per season do you have a full house?

- The game....hmmmm :D ....what should I say....I guess better than seeing Dortmund lose against fkn Leipzig this weekend.

- Atmosphere: I really liked the chants and the different melodies (my favourites being: Thatchers Gold, Flint said no :D) during the game. A lot more creative than what I know from Germany not taking yourself too serious. The support from the southeast corner of the Stadium was great. I have the feeling that it is very hard to activate the rest of the stadium since everybody is sitting (i hate it). But I think in total for a 0:0 with an opponent bringing around 100 fans it was a pretty good atmosphere, I enjoyed it. On top I am a lot better in swearing in English now thanks to the guy next to me who didn’t get tired of abusing Burtons goalkeeper in second half :D! 

- Yesterday we spontaneously went to watch Rugby in Bath. I was surprised that here you could take your beer to the stand. I know why (my neighbour at Ashton Gate would have loved to throw it towards the keeper) but prefer to take my beer with me even if I get a little wet from time to time. 

All in all it was the experience I was looking for. I will tell my friends from my Dortmund Fanclub in Frankfurt. We are always talking about a week of groundhopping in the UK and I would be happy to bring them to 3Lions & Ashton Gate. 

Cheers,

Lukas

Archived