IGNORED

We won't cry for you Argentina

Malago

Starring down the barrel.  6th out of 10 in the S American section.  The top 4 qualify with 5th place going into a playoff.  Play their final game tonight away to Ecuador up in Quito.  Need to win and hope other results go their way.  They've had little time to acclimatise and are one draw and two defeats from their last three games in the Andean capital.

They might still reach Russia but the odds are stacked against them.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The odds might be stacked against them, but they are still a shorter price to lift the trophy than England are.

Amazingly.

You can get 25/1 on England to win the World Cup. 

For people that don't understand betting, that basically means that if you put £10 on England to win the World Cup, then you lose £10. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not really. Peru are playing Columbia, so as long as the Argies beat Ecuador, then they will at least qualify for the play off and can still qualify automatically. 

Easier said than done. At altitude against a side they have won only once against away in something like 40 years!

This is something of a bogey fixture for them.

Altitude or not, I suspect they will make it. They usually do.

Just look at their side FFS...

Up the top and midfield especially: Messi, Dybala, Icardi, Di Maria and further back Mascherano...also Higuain, Aguero injured and Pastore not in squad.

Then good 2nd tier next level down players like Paredes (a very technically good midfielder), Banega (another gifted one), Gomez (shining with Atalanta indeed helped run Everton ragged).

Bound to make it, their depth in attack and parts of midfield is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Altitude or not, I suspect they will make it. They usually do.

Just look at their side FFS...

Up the top and midfield especially: Messi, Dybala, Icardi, Di Maria and further back Mascherano...also Higuain, Aguero injured and Pastore not in squad.

Then good 2nd tier next level down players like Paredes (a very technically good midfielder), Banega (another gifted one), Gomez (shining with Atalanta indeed helped run Everton ragged).

Bound to make it, their depth in attack and parts of midfield is stupid.

Really like the look of Dybala. Hope they make it, only makes it a better WC if they do.

**** Argentina. I was 13 in 1986 and it still cuts deep

Listening to 'Quickly Kevin, will he score' podcast (look it up if you haven't already, v funny), interview with Darren Anderton, their players were absolute arse wipes after France 98 as well, so to repeat, **** them

4 hours ago, harrys said:

Always a spectacle when Argentina are at the World Cup for a variety of reasons, will be a big loss without them and the Dutch not being there

And that massive country who got further than England in the Euros.... let's not forget them!!!

43 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

every time I think of Argentina, I think of the famous "hand of God". I'm also pulled toward another "hand of God" which celebrates 40 years this Thursday. At least Joe didn't spin a tale about it....

43 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

every time I think of Argentina, I think of the famous "hand of God". I'm also pulled toward another "hand of God" which celebrates 40 years this Thursday. At least Joe didn't spin a tale about it....

Hopefully, "the hand of God" team will **** off and be replaced by " the hand of cod".....Maggers and Iceland

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

**** Argentina. I was 13 in 1986 and it still cuts deep

Listening to 'Quickly Kevin, will he score' podcast (look it up if you haven't already, v funny), interview with Darren Anderton, their players were absolute arse wipes after France 98 as well, so to repeat, **** them

Ditto mate, can’t stand them.  Seem to have a history of having some absolute cocksockets in their ranks  

Am always astounded to see blokes wandering round Bristol in an Argie shirt as well. They never look Argentinian so only other excuse could be that their Scottish. Do see a fair few though and it always annoys me - probably more than it should tbf!

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Ditto mate, can’t stand them.  Seem to have a history of having some absolute cocksockets in their ranks  

Am always astounded to see blokes wandering round Bristol in an Argie shirt as well. They never look Argentinian so only other excuse could be that their Scottish. Do see a fair few though and it always annoys me - probably more than it should tbf!

I don't mind Argentina if truth be told.

Have put the game on: could be interesting stuff.

Archived