Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Gazred

The Last Jedi

Recommended Posts

Hate to admit I am a sucker for Star Wars films, was a MASSIVE fan in the early 80's and it has just stuck ever since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to admit I am a sucker for Star Wars films, was a MASSIVE fan in the early 80's and it has just stuck ever since

Likewise. They're not the best films ever made but easily some of the most entertaining. It's the shear scale of it all and that music gets me every time.

Do feel that Disney are just playing it safe though. The last one was essentially a rehash of the original and this has the similar vibes to Empire about it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Likewise. They're not the best films ever made but easily some of the most entertaining. It's the shear scale of it all and that music gets me every time.

Do feel that Disney are just playing it safe though. The last one was essentially a rehash of the original and this has the similar vibes to Empire about it.

Disney know not to rock the boat but yeah this has the empire - turn to the dark side/find out the truth - sort of theme to it. But then again ESB was one of the finest films of a generation so if it does go along that line it won't be doing much wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Disney know not to rock the boat but yeah this has the empire - turn to the dark side/find out the truth - sort of theme to it. But then again ESB was one of the finest films of a generation so if it does go along that line it won't be doing much wrong. 

Agree 100%. Empire was the strongest of the original trilogy, and remains, IMO, one of the great films of all genres. Even introducing Jar Jar Binks failed to dislodge its position atop the pile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once more greed killing the magic.

Rehash after rehash.

All these brilliant ideas and films become cash cows for shareholders and multinationals.

Do they add anything to the series ?

What do Alien 4 , Jaws 2 , Scream 3 , Terminator 17 ...  do except prompt a morbid curiosity to see if they're comparable to the originals ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Once more greed killing the magic.

Rehash after rehash.

All these brilliant ideas and films become cash cows for shareholders and multinationals.

Do they add anything to the series ?

What do Alien 4 , Jaws 2 , Scream 3 , Terminator 17 ...  do except prompt a morbid curiosity to see if they're comparable to the originals ? 

 

I saw they have made a updated version of Flatliners !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I saw they have made a updated version of Flatliners !

They just don't know when to stop ,

When was the last time you laughed at the latest Simpsons or Family Guy ? 

It's a shame that the suits devalue the artists. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I saw they have made a updated version of Flatliners !

24 hours chrono is now 26 hours chrono . 

I'm surprised they haven't made Titanic 2 , where the engineers of the first Titanic build a new liner which sinks on it's maiden voyage after crashing into the wreckage of the first Titanic ...

 

( hold on that's actually not a bad idea ... ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

24 hours chrono is now 26 hours chrono . 

I'm surprised they haven't made Titanic 2 , where the engineers of the first Titanic build a new liner which sinks on it's maiden voyage after crashing into the wreckage of the first Titanic ...

 

( hold on that's actually not a bad idea ... ) 

Not bad Major, apart from the fact that the wreckage of the first Titanic sits on the sea bed 2 miles below the surface so unless your Titanic 2 is a submarine then crashing into the wreckage of the first is somewhat unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a massive geek, I'm really looking forward to it, enjoyed the last two, no doubt enjoy this too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Not bad Major, apart from the fact that the wreckage of the first Titanic sits on the sea bed 2 miles below the surface so unless your Titanic 2 is a submarine then crashing into the wreckage of the first is somewhat unlikely. 

You only need artistic licence . 

Perhaps a whale farted sending the wreckage to the surface just as the new Titanic was passing overhead .

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You only need artistic licence . 

Perhaps a whale farted sending the wreckage to the surface just as the new Titanic was passing overhead .

 

Not sure if a whale is involved but...

Titanic2dvdcover.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Not sure if a whale is involved but...

Titanic2dvdcover.jpg

Not seen it, but would I be correct in thinking it sinks? The ship, the straight-to-rental movie, and the careers of all involved, that is. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars was a massive part of my childhood - I loved the films and had loads of the figures. I agree that The Empire Strikes Back is the best one - there's great sense of darkness in that film. I thought that the prequels were terrible and could have been so much better. I felt quite indifferent about The Force Awakens so although I'm looking forward to The Last Jedi I have some misgivings. Rogue 1 was excellent in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Not sure if a whale is involved but...

Titanic2dvdcover.jpg

Proof that every body reads OTIB. Those Hollywood bastards nicked my idea .

I'm glad Willy got a gig after being freed . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Booked my tickets for the Saturday already. Have loved all the recent films. 

You're obviously too young to have been around when the first Star Wars movie came out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You're obviously too young to have been around when the first Star Wars movie came out .

Yep, I was minus 2! :fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You've just made a happy man feel very old .

 

Ooops. Sorry! I was alive for the 2nd one but only a toddler. Not helping am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 3 when the first film came out, 6 for the second and watched Return of the Jedi when it came out in the Cinema (it was the old cinema just off Keynsham high street on the Shepton Mallet road if anyone remembers it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I was 3 when the first film came out, 6 for the second and watched Return of the Jedi when it came out in the Cinema (it was the old cinema just off Keynsham high street on the Shepton Mallet road if anyone remembers it).

I presume you mean The Charlton, on Charlton Road?
image.png.7f48a1f7ef7a9feabb6b0032ce2eb1ff.png

I recall seeing the first one at The Odeon in Broadmead: we were in the queue, but it was full, so ended up staying in the same queue until the next showing. The good old days of 1 screen per film. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I presume you mean The Charlton, on Charlton Road?
image.png.7f48a1f7ef7a9feabb6b0032ce2eb1ff.png

I recall seeing the first one at The Odeon in Broadmead: we were in the queue, but it was full, so ended up staying in the same queue until the next showing. The good old days of 1 screen per film. 

Me too, queued for bloody hours at the Odeon on opening day.  Was worth it, not sue I have ever been so excited about a film since!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×