IGNORED

The Last Jedi

Gazred

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to admit I am a sucker for Star Wars films, was a MASSIVE fan in the early 80's and it has just stuck ever since

Likewise. They're not the best films ever made but easily some of the most entertaining. It's the shear scale of it all and that music gets me every time.

Do feel that Disney are just playing it safe though. The last one was essentially a rehash of the original and this has the similar vibes to Empire about it.

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Likewise. They're not the best films ever made but easily some of the most entertaining. It's the shear scale of it all and that music gets me every time.

Do feel that Disney are just playing it safe though. The last one was essentially a rehash of the original and this has the similar vibes to Empire about it.

Disney know not to rock the boat but yeah this has the empire - turn to the dark side/find out the truth - sort of theme to it. But then again ESB was one of the finest films of a generation so if it does go along that line it won't be doing much wrong. 

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Disney know not to rock the boat but yeah this has the empire - turn to the dark side/find out the truth - sort of theme to it. But then again ESB was one of the finest films of a generation so if it does go along that line it won't be doing much wrong. 

Agree 100%. Empire was the strongest of the original trilogy, and remains, IMO, one of the great films of all genres. Even introducing Jar Jar Binks failed to dislodge its position atop the pile.

Once more greed killing the magic.

Rehash after rehash.

All these brilliant ideas and films become cash cows for shareholders and multinationals.

Do they add anything to the series ?

What do Alien 4 , Jaws 2 , Scream 3 , Terminator 17 ...  do except prompt a morbid curiosity to see if they're comparable to the originals ? 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Once more greed killing the magic.

Rehash after rehash.

All these brilliant ideas and films become cash cows for shareholders and multinationals.

Do they add anything to the series ?

What do Alien 4 , Jaws 2 , Scream 3 , Terminator 17 ...  do except prompt a morbid curiosity to see if they're comparable to the originals ? 

I saw they have made a updated version of Flatliners !

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I saw they have made a updated version of Flatliners !

24 hours chrono is now 26 hours chrono . 

I'm surprised they haven't made Titanic 2 , where the engineers of the first Titanic build a new liner which sinks on it's maiden voyage after crashing into the wreckage of the first Titanic ...

( hold on that's actually not a bad idea ... ) 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

24 hours chrono is now 26 hours chrono . 

I'm surprised they haven't made Titanic 2 , where the engineers of the first Titanic build a new liner which sinks on it's maiden voyage after crashing into the wreckage of the first Titanic ...

( hold on that's actually not a bad idea ... ) 

Not bad Major, apart from the fact that the wreckage of the first Titanic sits on the sea bed 2 miles below the surface so unless your Titanic 2 is a submarine then crashing into the wreckage of the first is somewhat unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Not bad Major, apart from the fact that the wreckage of the first Titanic sits on the sea bed 2 miles below the surface so unless your Titanic 2 is a submarine then crashing into the wreckage of the first is somewhat unlikely. 

You only need artistic licence . 

Perhaps a whale farted sending the wreckage to the surface just as the new Titanic was passing overhead .

Star Wars was a massive part of my childhood - I loved the films and had loads of the figures. I agree that The Empire Strikes Back is the best one - there's great sense of darkness in that film. I thought that the prequels were terrible and could have been so much better. I felt quite indifferent about The Force Awakens so although I'm looking forward to The Last Jedi I have some misgivings. Rogue 1 was excellent in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I was 3 when the first film came out, 6 for the second and watched Return of the Jedi when it came out in the Cinema (it was the old cinema just off Keynsham high street on the Shepton Mallet road if anyone remembers it).

I presume you mean The Charlton, on Charlton Road?
image.png.7f48a1f7ef7a9feabb6b0032ce2eb1ff.png

I recall seeing the first one at The Odeon in Broadmead: we were in the queue, but it was full, so ended up staying in the same queue until the next showing. The good old days of 1 screen per film. 

4 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I presume you mean The Charlton, on Charlton Road?
image.png.7f48a1f7ef7a9feabb6b0032ce2eb1ff.png

I recall seeing the first one at The Odeon in Broadmead: we were in the queue, but it was full, so ended up staying in the same queue until the next showing. The good old days of 1 screen per film. 

Me too, queued for bloody hours at the Odeon on opening day.  Was worth it, not sue I have ever been so excited about a film since!

Archived