IGNORED

England and the world cup

Trueredsupporter

7 minutes ago, Super said:

We didn't have very good players....

Utter crap . Have a look, batty yes too an extent but he was about and out defensive midfielder . Look down that list multiple league and European cup winners plus shearer who scored 260 league goals. It's your opinion but imo you talk a lot of rubbish . 

IMG_0215.PNG

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter crap . Have a look, batty yes too an extent but he was about and out defensive midfielder . Look down that list multiple league and European cup winners plus shearer who scored 260 league goals. It's your opinion but imo you talk a lot of rubbish . 

IMG_0215.PNG

We had Anderton, Batty, Ince, Le Saux, Southgate and Merson against the Argies. We were crap in the tournament apart from one game which we still lost.

England: Seaman; G Neville, Adams, Campbell; Anderton (Batty 96), Beckham, Ince, Le Saux (Southgate 70); Scholes (Merson 78); Owen, Shearer.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

We had Anderton, Batty, Ince, Le Saux, Southgate and Merson against the Argies. We were crap in the tournament apart from one game which we still lost.

England: Seaman; G Neville, Adams, Campbell; Anderton (Batty 96), Beckham, Ince, Le Saux (Southgate 70); Scholes (Merson 78); Owen, Shearer.

Sorry but as I stated before you talk rubbish and trying to prove your point you added Merson , Southgate , Batty who were all good players (all came on late as subs ) especially Merson who was class . Hearing other pros talk about the others you understand how valued they were, especially Anderton . Oh by the way Hoddle might know a thing or two more than you . Singling out ince for his performance in Italy the night we qualified as a true captains performance . He only played for Man Utd , inter Milan and Liverpool but he must be crap. 

49 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but as I stated before you talk rubbish and trying to prove your point you added Merson , Southgate , Batty who were all good players (all came on late as subs ) especially Merson who was class . Hearing other pros talk about the others you understand how valued they were, especially Anderton . Oh by the way Hoddle might know a thing or two more than you . Singling out ince for his performance in Italy the night we qualified as a true captains performance . He only played for Man Utd , inter Milan and Liverpool but he must be crap. 

Ah so he played for top clubs so must have been great for England...... 

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Ah so he played for top clubs so must have been great for England...... 

You said they weren't very good players which is bollocks . Hoddle himself was world class but not in a England shirt as we didn't play too his strengths , similar with a lot of our players. Just stop now please you're making yourself look daft. 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0215.PNG

What was up with Fowler then? Was he out injured or out of favour?

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0215.PNG

Bloody hell, Gascoigne was only 31 then.

I remember being livid that Hoddle had dropped him. The argument in the pro Gascoigne camp was "as if he isnt one of the best 22 players in the country, he's taking Rob Lee FFS. No bloody Le Tiss either".

In hindsight, and being armed with all the facts Hoddle probably didn't have much choice.

33 minutes ago, BS5_RED said:

Bloody hell, Gascoigne was only 31 then.

I remember being livid that Hoddle had dropped him. The argument in the pro Gascoigne camp was "as if he isnt one of the best 22 players in the country, he's taking Rob Lee FFS. No bloody Le Tiss either".

In hindsight, and being armed with all the facts Hoddle probably didn't have much choice.

Could never understand how Hoddle never gave Le Tiss more caps as they were similar players and Hoddle was undervalued by England . There was a story from le tiss that Hoddle always gave him a hard time. As for gazza I think he saw him as a problem he didn't need. If Hoddle had been more experienced he might of been able to handle him better. 

On 10/10/2017 at 23:15, North London Red said:

1962 - we qualified. 

1970 - are you really saying we didn't qualify?! Up to the late 1990s and excluding the host nation, there were two ways of qualifying - either win the previous World Cup, or go through regional / continental qualifying groups. We qualified on merit for 1970 didn't we?!

Just catching up on this thread, and I really don't want to drag up the previous 'dispute' as to whether 1970 equates to a qualification, but I tend to agree with you: I count 5 qualifications between 1962 and 1998, as follows:

1. 1962 - we qualified

Ok, by saying we'd only qualified for four World Cups from 1962 to 1998 my thinking was this....

1966 - we didn't qualify we were allowed in as hosts

1970 - we didn't qualify we were allowed in as holders 

1974 - we didn't qualify

1978 - we didn't qualify

2. 1982 - we qualified

3. 1986 - we qualified

4. 1990 - we qualified

1994 - we didn't qualify

5. 1998 - we qualified 

That all looks like four qualifications to me....?!

Looks like 5 to me

Never in my life have I genuinely thought England could win a World Cup. I started really paying attention to tournament football in 1996 and thought England had a shot at those Eiros but never really since and I've lost any interest now.

If England did win I wouldn't celebrate. I'm completely over it to be honest. They're not my team. Bristol City are.

8 hours ago, bpexile said:

"England Players to Have Vaccinations to Protect Them From Rabies Before World Cup in Russia"

I wouldn't have thought that they would be there long enough for it to be a concern :grr:   :mf_sleep:

They have those pesky rottweilers at all border entry points though so I think the jabs might come in handy just as a precaution.

5 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Never in my life have I genuinely thought England could win a World Cup. I started really paying attention to tournament football in 1996 and thought England had a shot at those Eiros but never really since and I've lost any interest now.

If England did win I wouldn't celebrate. I'm completely over it to be honest. They're not my team. Bristol City are.

Not even a little bottle of Thatchers while nobody is looking?!!

Archived