IGNORED

OOC Summer 2018

Septic Peg

Who's OOC this summer? 

Obv one is Gaz O'Neil. We know both Flinty and Pack are on long contracts and relative newbies such as Taylor, Fam, Đurić etc should be ok too.

But what lengths are left for everyone else? Should we be tying down Bobby or Joe? Did COD, Browny or Patto sign two years only?

Mildly concerned that if we don't start tying some down where needed, we'll be in the shit.

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Who's OOC this summer? 

Obv one is Gaz O'Neil. We know both Flinty and Pack are on long contracts and relative newbies such as Taylor, Fam, Đurić etc should be ok too.

But what lengths are left for everyone else? Should we be tying down Bobby or Joe? Did COD, Browny or Patto sign two years only?

Mildly concerned that if we don't start tying some down where needed, we'll be in the shit.

As far as I know the following are OOC in the summer of 2018, in addition to Gary O'Neil...

Bobby Reid - but an option of a further year has been built in

Marlon Pack - but an option of a further year has been built in

Luke Steele - but an option of a further year has been built in

Josh Brownhill

Frank Fielding 

Ivan Lucic

Zak Vyner

Max O'Leary

O'Leary also has an option for another year, and Golbourne is also out of contract this summer. The one that's troubling me the most is Brownhill. Iirc Stockhausen said we were in contract talks with him over the summer when there was speculation about him joining a prem team and we haven't heard anything since. Really hope we tie him down for long term. I think they should all get new deals apart from Golbourne. 

8 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Joe has all but signed a new deal anyway

That's a bit like being ' all but pregnant ' , you either are or you're not . 

He's either signed or he hasn't. Whatever his motivation is right now until the contract is signed it doesn't mean diddly squat .

I trust the club these days to get it right more often than not .

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That's a bit like being ' all but pregnant ' , you either are or you're not . 

He's either signed or he hasn't. Whatever his motivation is right now until the contract is signed it doesn't mean diddly squat .

I trust the club these days to get it right more often than not .

Can't sign a contract you haven't been offered. Can verbally agree to sign one when it's offered at the end of the season though.

:)

13 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Johnson said earlier this season that Brownhill has more than a year left, despite general belief. 

Is that with the option? So technically does expire this summer just if we haven't applied the extension yet. 

19 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Who's OOC this summer? 

Give them all 10 years. What could possibly go wrong?

14 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Johnson said earlier this season that Brownhill has more than a year left, despite general belief. 

You mean to say the Manager knows more about the club than certain Forum Members (claim to) do?

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

My point is that you misleadingly quoted @WRERE's post to make it look like it said Golbourne should be "tied down". It did not say that. You then appeared to respond to that suggestion.

What an odd thing to do - trying to fathom why you would do that @Robbored? A senior moment? If not.. why?

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're imagining stuff that's not there VD.

Um no. @Robbored, I'm really not. You are misleadingly quoting the original posting by @WRERE

Check @WRERE's post:

19 hours ago, WRERE said:

O'Leary also has an option for another year, and Golbourne is also out of contract this summer. The one that's troubling me the most is Brownhill. Iirc Stockhausen said we were in contract talks with him over the summer when there was speculation about him joining a prem team and we haven't heard anything since. Really hope we tie him down for long term. I think they should all get new deals apart from Golbourne. 

Then you, @Robbored, quoted parts of it such that it read as:

Golbourne is also out of contract this summer. Really hope we tie him down

You, @Robbored, actively chose to remove something from the start of @WRERE's quote, a bit in the middle and a bit at the end. 

Since you're in denial, @Robbored, and struggle to accept you are wrong, I helpfully highlight in bold the parts of @WRERE's quote you quoted.

That is somewhat odd behaviour.  You, @Robbored, then appeared to dismiss such a possibility of Scott Golbourne being "tied down" despite the last few words of @WRERE's actual posting.

Hence, @Robbored, I think you will find that my imagination was not involved in any part. You misleadingly quoted a poster and have lied upon being called out on it. That reflects more on you than it does me.

Golbourne is also out of contract this summer. Really hope we tie him down 

The original quote is above - you replied to it BUT you doctored it to make it read the second quote below. 

I've put in bold the parts you chose to reply to (which are totally unrelated) so you can see how you've destroyed the full context and made up a point to reply to at random.

Did you just get it wrong? Or what?

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Check @WRERE's post:

Hence, @Robbored, I think you will find that my imagination was not involved in any part. You misleadingly quoted a poster and have lied upon being called out on it. That reflects more on you than it does me.

I'll hold my hands up here....

I just checked the post I question and I actually "doctored" it incorrectly. I've only just realised that. You were right to highlight my error.

The point I was making still stands tho. With SG allowed to go out on loan strongly suggests that he's not it LJs plans this or any future seasons.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'll hold my hands up here....

I just checked the post I question and I actually "doctored" it incorrectly. I've only just realised that. You were right to highlight my error.

The point I was making still stands tho. With SG allowed to go out on loan strongly suggests that he's not it LJs plans this or any future seasons.

Everyone was fully aware of that though I think..

Archived