IGNORED

Concorde Documentary on BBC4 9pm tonight

Lanterne Rouge

10 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

I shot .22 on my first night in cadets....they had a small range at RAF Quedgeley (7MU), where we had our hut. More kick with an air rifle, although the .303 had a kick like a mule! Never got to fire the SLR, although some from our squadron did. Happy days.

The motorised venture gliders had a small prop. Took off, cruised around, then shut off for a glide landing. I did go winch gliding at Aston Down with one of our civilian instructors. Quite off putting to think it was almost 40 years ago.

Know the feeling. That said those were great days. I even missed the FA Cup Final one year to go gliding. Do kids of today still have ATC ?

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Know the feeling. That said those were great days. I even missed the FA Cup Final one year to go gliding.

Our first uniform issue was the "hairy mary", like something from "Get Some In"!

Luckily got issued with the sweater, trousers combo shortly afterwards. Kept the greatcoat though!

Great fun.

4 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Our first uniform issue was the "hairy mary", like something from "Get Some In"!

Luckily got issued with the sweater, trousers combo shortly afterwards. Kept the greatcoat though!

Great fun.

Bollox to that, we never got issued the great coat !!!

Boeing also behind the US government's demand for an increase in tariff against Bombardier! 

Can we assume that if Boeing had built their super jetliner first that there would have been no "overflying" concerns and Boac would have bought 50?

Is it a myth in my imagination or did we actually see concorde flying over Ashton Gate in the 70's just after beating Sunderland 2-0? I've always been too embarrassed to ask in case I was wrong!

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Boeing also behind the US government's demand for an increase in tariff against Bombardier! 

Can we assume that if Boeing had built their super jetliner first that there would have been no "overflying" concerns and Boac would have bought 50?

Is it a myth in my imagination or did we actually see concorde flying over Ashton Gate in the 70's just after beating Sunderland 2-0? I've always been too embarrassed to ask in case I was wrong!

It used to fly over Nailsea when test flying so very possible. Many time when fishing at Nailsea Pond it would be flying very low.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It used to fly over Nailsea when test flying so very possible. Many time when fishing at Nailsea Pond it would be flying very low.

Thanks Tone. It's been one of those visions that crops up occasionally and it probably sticks in the mind more as the referee had just blown his whistle and it completed a perfect afternoon. I think even the Sunderland fans were impressed for about 2 minutes before the reality of a loss sunk in!

Archived