IGNORED

Burton Attendance

BCFC J

Not expecting more than 18k as this is probably one of the least attractive fixtures, little away support and on a Friday night

Probably will be our worst home league gate of the season unless performances drop off.

Quite a few people cant make Fridays, though equally, I suppose some may come who play football on Saturdays.

Is this one of the bring a friend games - that may help.

Hoping for a good win and 2nd place, but this game has a boring 0 - 0 draw written all over it and a Burton formatio of 550.

• Admin

With Leeds next weekend and then Palace behind that, this has to be the least appealing of the three home fixtures coming up

But MAYBE being on the Friday night will attract those that work / play football on weekends?

Somewhere between 16500 and 18000 I reckon

Why do people get so compelled by what an attendance might be..?

I can understand afteterwards, discussing if an attendance was good, bad or indifferent, but I really don't get the "what will the attendance be?" Posts. Unless a game is heading for a sell out and the excitement is bringing around that I suppose. 

People are odd..!

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can understand afteterwards, discussing if an attendance was good, bad or indifferent, but I really don't get the "what will the attendance be?" Posts. Unless a game is heading for a sell out and the excitement is bringing around that I suppose. 

People are odd..!

Never met an odd football fan.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People are odd..!

I think for this game its been highlighted that as it won't be a big attendance, it would be good to get some offers to entice new fans. Like quid a kid or bring a mate for £10??

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People are odd..!

Some are weirdly obsessed by it.

I think attendance is a good measure of success for any club, that's why I find it interesting.  Also predicted atendance means I am able to make a judgement on how much traffic I will encounter on the way to the game and how easy it will be to park.  20k plus and I leave home a bit earlier 16k or under, I can leave a bit later.

We are getting good crowds so far this season and that leads to additional revenue which can in turn drive future success, in turn driving higher attendances and so on.

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

A crowd of over 16,500 is already guaranteed, with just over 110 away supporters making the trip to BS3.

110 :blink:

I guess they would have brought more for a 3pm Saturday afternoon ko. Don't think their average attendances are very good at all though. If its potd, a few more may decide to make the trip last minute, but many can't be bothered with the M5 and M6 on a Friday evening.

Archived