IGNORED

Burton Attendance

BCFC J

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

See, I never get this "attractive" bollox. We come to see our team play, surely! I know if we're not playing well or near the foot of the table ,that's a bit different. BUT we can go second.....who cares who we play !

Agreed. Theres many attractive names of years gone by in this league but lets be honest the only real 'attractive' games where top drawer talent is on show is in the league above.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think attendance is a good measure of success for any club, that's why I find it interesting.  Also predicted atendance means I am able to make a judgement on how much traffic I will encounter on the way to the game and how easy it will be to park.  20k plus and I leave home a bit earlier 16k or under, I can leave a bit later.

We are getting good crowds so far this season and that leads to additional revenue which can in turn drive future success, in turn driving higher attendances and so on.

That's why I understand talking about actual attendances, but not talking about attendances that haven't occurred yet. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t get back home from work, pick up Joe, fight through the traffic and get to AG in time on Friday.

So will go to watch the Flyers instead (5 minutes from home) and spend half the time checking my phone.

Call yourself a fan ?   I'm a s/t holder and do a Lee Tomlin and drive from Leicester for every match :yes:

10 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Call yourself a fan ?   I'm a s/t holder and do a Lee Tomlin and drive from Leicester for every match :yes:

I know, it’s piss poor isn’t it!  We are putting a new system in this weekend, so i’m not doing normal hours.

Same for you to....why didn’t you offer him a lift :P

Can't really blame the Burton fans, that route on a Friday is going to be a massive ball ache, looking at a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive then taking into account traffic, won't be able to get away from work in time for most. Just curious, is there a reason the game couldn't have been played on Sunday? Bristol Rugby away this weekend as well so no issue with their game. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't really blame the Burton fans, that route on a Friday is going to be a massive ball ache, looking at a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive then taking into account traffic, won't be able to get away from work in time for most. Just curious, is there a reason the game couldn't have been played on Sunday? Bristol Rugby away this weekend as well so no issue with their game. 

I guess that with the international break preceding it, the recovery time before next Saturday's match was the biggest factor. 13 days since last game and almost 8 before next is better than only 6 days before our next game, given the choice. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, hodge said:

Sadly all in the life of being a football fan, we've all done it to watch our side

Guessing the "night game" atmosphere plays a part, and also Sunday's would clash with amateur sports being played

Archived