IGNORED

Where to find injury updates?

Robbored

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've looked on the OS but these days I'm finding difficult to navigate to the relevant link - assuming there is one of course.

Like many fans I'm interested to know close Đurić and Pisano are to availability.

You won't get much:

Drop down menu - teams. Bottom option is "injuries and suspensions". 

Doesnt give a date of return (and to be honest, not would I expect it to both for confidentiality and do not to give a stick to beat with if the estimates are wrong), but does say who's been booked and when, who's banned and who's on the injured list and for what reason. Safe bet is if they're no longer on there, likely to be fit (or the YTS boy hasn't updated the site...)

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just read on there that O’Neil is out for 12-16 weeks. What a waste - haemorrhaging wages.

Based on his availability relative to his high wages i’d say he’s probably LJ’s least successful permanent signing. 

Just saw LJs pre Burton interview on the OS and he gave an update on all the injured players. Pleased that Đurić is training again.

GON - not his fault that he got injured. 

Injured players are a financial drain on any club - unless they have insurance to cover that kind of eventuality.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just saw LJs pre Burton interview on the OS and he gave an update on all the injured players. Pleased that Đurić is training again.

GON - not his fault that he got injured. 

Injured players are a financial drain on any club - unless they have insurance to cover that kind of eventuality.

Of course, O’Neil has always been injury prone though and as one of our highest earners it’s a bigger shame.

Obviously it’s not his fault, but overall he’s been a poor signing given the amount he’s played.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of course, O’Neil has always been injury prone though and as one of our highest earners it’s a bigger shame.

Obviously it’s not his fault, but overall he’s been a poor signing given the amount he’s played.

Probably the signing from 2016 that I was most excited by but have been most disappointed with.

Not his fault though.

I'm hoping that injured players might be able to contribute in a positive way even when they aren't playing. It's a squad game and if they can't physically I hope they would want to mentally. GON has to be our most experienced player now so could be good if the players find it useful to call on him. 

Archived