IGNORED

For those that think Palace will be an easy match .

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I don't think it will be easy, but I don't think we should be in awe of these type of players either. We have no 'star names' and it makes a better TEAM for us I think. Bring it on. 

The opinion on OTIB seems to be that having dispatched both Watford and Stoke in previous rounds , Palace , who on paper are worse, is nearly a walk over .

I just wanted to highlight the fact that they have Prem quality players and that we shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking it's a match already won.

I believe that if we play at our best we can win but any match against any opposition, let alone Premiership opposition, in football is never certain.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The opinion on OTIB seems to be that having dispatched both Watford and Stoke in previous rounds , Palace , who on paper are worse, is nearly a walk over .

I just wanted to highlight the fact that they have Prem quality players and that we shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking it's a match already won.

I believe that if we play at our best we can win but any match against any opposition, let alone Premiership opposition, in football is never certain.

Yeah there does seem to be that opinion. On paper it’s an easier game than both Watford and Stoke in my opinion.

I think considering our form and home advantage (in addition to Palace having a tough run of games either side of this one) we’re probably slight favourites.

You’re right of course, you can’t underestimate a Prem team and I don’t think we will. But we have good reason to be confident. They could really do without this game.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

On paper their players are better than ours and I think that is unquestionable. But there does appear to be a lack of desire in their squad at the moment as highlighted on MOTD amongst others.

A lot depends on Roy , does he pick a strong team in the hope they beat us and gain some confidence etc or play a weaker team and aim for points in the league?

I don't think the Team will go in to the match thinking it should be easy, but should be going in to full of confidence.  That is what is important.  I get it, for fans it is easy to feel it shouldn't be a difficult game for us with the way we are flying at the moment.  But it's confidence and mentality that we need (and currently have) to keep hold of and push on.

I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense thinks it'll be 'easy'. 

But it's certainly a fixture Palace don't want, and we have a good opportunity to progress if we play to our best. 

Watford and Stoke are both better sides so you can see why fans like to think that we can win, but I don't think that's the same as thinking it's an easy match. We'll need to be at the races to give them a test. 

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah there does seem to be that opinion. On paper it’s an easier game than both Watford and Stoke in my opinion.

I think considering our form and home advantage (in addition to Palace having a tough run of games either side of this one) we’re probably slight favourites.

You’re right of course, you can’t underestimate a Prem team and I don’t think we will. But we have good reason to be confident. They could really do without this game.

Let's try to help their Prem campaign by reducing the number of cup matches they have to play .

:yes:

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

We can't lose.

Lose the game and it'll be 'Oh well, to have beaten 3 Premiership sides in a season was a big ask, and Palace are desperate. No shame there.'

Win, and it'll be 'Well, we can't say we are that surprised, we are a good side and Palace are poor'.

Do I expect us to win? No.

You start with ' we can't lose ' and finish with " Do I expect us to win ? No " 

:blink:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps it will be, there is nothing in their current form to be afraid of

I doubt very much Palace will play their starters given that the Saturday after is a game they must be targeting to pick up 3 points from if they want any chance of avoiding relegation this year (West Ham I think). The certainly won't be picking up points against Chelsea, and I don't fancy their chances at Newcastle either.

I think we've got a great chance of the quarter finals this year, but that being said, that's all it is - a chance. I'm fairly sure most City fans feel the same way; I doubt anyone is looking at a match against a team from a higher division as a gimme.

11 minutes ago, cityboy said:

I doubt very much Palace will play their starters given that the Saturday after is a game they must be targeting to pick up 3 points from if they want any chance of avoiding relegation this year (West Ham I think). The certainly won't be picking up points against Chelsea, and I don't fancy their chances at Newcastle either.

I think we've got a great chance of the quarter finals this year, but that being said, that's all it is - a chance. I'm fairly sure most City fans feel the same way; I doubt anyone is looking at a match against a team from a higher division as a gimme.

They might be after the first part of your post .

:laughcont:

• Admin
4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Beat Palace and we are 3 wins away from a place in Europe.  Palace are effectively a mid table championship team now.

4 games, but yeah, depending on the size of one of those wins we could draw or even narrowly lose the other.

Unless the semi's got reduced to one leg whilst we didn't have any interest in the competition?

Archived