IGNORED

Team for Friday

Red Army 75

So with proper football back Friday night . Against a team who will have 11 men behind the ball . After Back to back 4-0 defeats . What team are we likely to see . I'm going        

FF

EP / BW.         AF.            NB.              JM

JP.                   KS.            JB.              COD

FD.            BR

Pretty predictable. Could be ZV at right back depending on injuries. Thoughts

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So with proper football back Friday night . Against a team who will have 11 men behind the ball . After Back to back 4-0 defeats . What team are we likely to see . I'm going        

FF

FD.            BR

Would like to see Eliasson start personally, with O'Dowda on the right plenty of pace and stretch the pitch. I like Paterson but for me he comes inside too much and I think will neeed width on Friday 

Just now, daored said:

Would like to see Eliasson start personally, with O'Dowda on the right plenty of pace and stretch the pitch. I like Paterson but for me he comes inside too much and I think will neeed width on Friday 

He makes things happen though. And I've questioned his role many times, but he has a knack for being involved in so many of our goals. 

Team will be the same as always, with Vyner (or possibly Pisano if fully fit) coming in. 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

I was thinking Eliasson. But for COD . Would like to see him from the start. But I can't see it tomorrow. Also have leko . All depends on bumps and bruises. Looking forward to the press conference today . Also MP . Has JB taken his place 

9 minutes ago, daored said:

You'd take our most creative player out of the team against a team that are going to try and shut us out..?!

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

FF

FD.            BR

Pretty sure Joe Bryan will get the nod at left back rather than a playing recall for Jamie McAllister.

Other than that, Paterson will be on the left and wouldn't be surprised if Burton at home was a chance for Leko or Eliasson to start one. COD will definitely start versus Leeds tho.

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

FF

FD.            BR

Who is JM at left back???

Jamie McAllister???

Joe Bryan in centre midfield???

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Pretty sure Joe Bryan will get the nod at left back rather than a playing recall for Jamie McAllister.

Other than that, Paterson will be on the left and wouldn't be surprised if Burton at home was a chance for Leko or Eliasson to start one. COD will definitely start versus Leeds tho.

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

Jamie McAllister???

Snap!!!

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But its only Burton, we can get away with playing McAllister against them surely and keep Joe back for Leeds :whistle:

46 minutes ago, daored said:

dropping pato is madness, he's the top creater in the championship and has been involved with over half our goals,

31 minutes ago, Ian M said:

31 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Jamie McAllister???

Sorry it was meant to be Joe Bryan left back . Josh Brownhill centre midfield 

I’d certainly have Pack in against Burton.  For me it’s:

Fielding / Pisano (if fit) Flint Baker Bryan / Pack Smith Brownhill Paterson / Reid Diedhiou

O’Dowda and Leko second half subs.

We will need to work hard against Burton and shouldn’t approach the game lightly.  We will have a lot of possession and need the players to exploit that.  Use the wingers as Burton tire.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

FF

FD.            BR

GK

RB                    CH                      LB

RH           LH

IR                                IL

RW                        CF                          LW

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’d certainly have Pack in against Burton.  For me it’s:

Fielding / Pisano (if fit) Flint Baker Bryan / Pack Smith Brownhill Paterson / Reid Diedhiou

O’Dowda and Leko second half subs.

We will need to work hard against Burton and shouldn’t approach the game lightly.  We will have a lot of possession and need the players to exploit that.  Use the wingers as Burton tire.

I don't see how we can play all 3 of them without sacrificing width? Brownhill on the right hand side maybe?

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

GK

RB                    CH                      LB

RH           LH

IR                                IL

RW                        CF                          LW

No chance 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Just keep it as similar to our recent wins as possible. Pack or Brownhill, not fussed. Wright or pisano right back. Everything else the same. 

This is spot on IMHO. We have game changers on the bench so why try to fix something that isn't broken? Korey seems to be nailed on so it's him plus one of the other 2 isn't it?

If Leko plays I doubt Vyner will, unless LJ thinks there is no threat from Burton that side. Brownhill provides cover in front and makes it easier for the newby. If Pisano is fit and plays I can see Leko getting a start, although ODowda has a strong case.
Brownhill will hopefully play, bit more creativity in CM and if Joe is fit I can't see many other changes.

So, apart from the fitness of Eros, the only dilemmas LJ seemingly has are Marlon or Josh to partner Korey and who plays wide right, COD, Leko or whoever misses out in the middle?

These aren't really tough issues for him in comparison to previous issues are they?

FWIW, I would leave well alone and go with Josh and COD with Marlon and Leko / Elliasson on the bench. I do agree with 1960maaan, in that I can't see Leko starting if Vyner plays as that would be a very inexperienced right hand side.

I'm assuming Joe B is over his 'knock'?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You'd take our most creative player out of the team against a team that are going to try and shut us out..?!

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

dropping pato is madness, he's the top creater in the championship and has been involved with over half our goals,

I'm not questioning his effectiveness and I like Paterson. However I think against Burton they're going to be tough to break down and we will need width and direct play. I would certainly have Paterson against Leeds where we will need his more clever play 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

This is spot on IMHO. We have game changers on the bench so why try to fix something that isn't broken? Korey seems to be nailed on so it's him plus one of the other 2 isn't it?

I agree, keep a winning side but out of those three midfielders, Korey Smith has been the one I have been the least impressed with.

Well, I have been impressed with Korey but for me, Pack and Brownhill have performed better which is odd because Korey normally keeps his place.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

I'm not questioning his effectiveness and I like Paterson. However I think against Burton they're going to be tough to break down and we will need width and direct play. I would certainly have Paterson against Leeds where we will need his more clever play 

It still doesn't make sense to take our most (the divisions most!) effective goal creator out of the team! 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, CityLew said:

I agree, keep a winning side but out of those three midfielders, Korey Smith has been the one I have been the least impressed with.

Well, I have been impressed with Korey but for me, Pack and Brownhill have performed better which is odd because Korey normally keeps his place.

Watch the Ipswich highlights again, Korey is playing with so much confidence at the moment that he doesn't even appear to suffer any nose bleeds in the final third, something I've never known of him in his time with us!

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't see how we can play all 3 of them without sacrificing width? Brownhill on the right hand side maybe?

Yes, Brownhill wide(ish) right.  It worked very effectively earlier in the season.  We struggle to break down teams who give us a lot of possession, and I think we will need to work hard and be patient (as we had to be against Millwall and Bolton).  I would like to see incisive attacking midfield play, and having both Brownhill and Smith driving forward with Pack sitting behind strikes me as the way to go.

Don't expect any changes, only depends on the fitness of Pisano and Wright, if one of them is fit they'll start right back. If they're not LJ will have to decide if he goes back to Vyner or moves Korey to right back till one of EP or BW is fit with Brownhill and Pack at CM. 

Archived