IGNORED

Half/pro rata season tickets

Bar BS3

Following on from the Leeds & Burton threads, which have turned into ticket price/availability discussions, I hope the club have/are making serious plans to maximise sales, should we remain in attractive form. 

After some, understandable, doubts over how this season might go, we know there was an (impressively low) drop off on ST sales. 

Well, surely even the most sceptical must be impressed with our start to the season! Reel them and others in with new ST sales. 

Pro rata from any point, for the remaining games. Add a couple of quid per match to the last sales period price and get them committed. 

Add the benefit of all season tickets purchased before Jan will get first dibs on ST sales IF, IF, IF we were to get promoted and there is the perfect Christmas present for any City fan! (Apart from existing STH, of course!)

Bung in a couple of mates rates deals for any game that might get televised. 

It's not difficult and it's a massive opportunity to maximise potential support. 

23 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Pro Rata? - think your getting yourself confused.

I don't think I am. 

Pro-rata - based on the amount of home games left to play at whatever point someone purchases a "pro-rata" season ticket. 

Can you clarify what it is that I've got confused..? 

Interesting idea. Although I'd whack on more than a couple of quid a game.

Most of us invested our hard earned before we'd made any signings,l and before we knew if this season was going to be another relegation battle.

Early days still, granted, but if a Johhny-come-lately want to hang on to the cost tails of those who committed early doors; they can pay a premium (such as not being in the first group for away tickets).

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Most of us invested our hard earned before we'd made any signings,l and before we knew if this season was going to be another relegation battle.

Early days still, granted, but if a Johhny-come-lately want to hang on to the cost tails of those who committed early doors; they can pay a premium (such as not being in the first group for away tickets).

Surely the club getting more money and the stadium being full is much more important. I got a season ticket when they first came out but if people wanted to buy a ticket now paying a few extra pounds per game then I’d be more than happy. Maybe they could go on the membership window for away tickets as you raise a valid point.

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't take long did it!

You (and me for that matter) chose to purchase a season ticket when we did, no-one forced us, you (or I) didn't have to buy one!

Why should others be penalised just because we paid when we did

I for one would rather see the ground full with all supporters rather than 3/4 full of superfans!

6 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Didn't take long did it!

You (and me for that matter) chose to purchase a season ticket when we did, no-one forced us, you (or I) didn't have to buy one!

Why should others be penalised just because we paid when we did

I for one would rather see the ground full with all supporters rather than 3/4 full of superfans!

Not calling anyone a superfan, just pointing out that the early adopters didn't know what they were buying in terms of performance, so if people were able to buy once they know the lay of the land, they can’t expect such favourable terms.

You can look at it the other way. If the club does sell season tickets which are almost the same rate as the initial price why 'early adopt' when you can 'wait and see' ?

This surely would be a disaster for the club if a substantial amount of people did this. I think the first sales were around March /April last year ( when we were still struggling with relegation), what if lots of people waited until November/December to put the money into the club, depending on results of course

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yes, I understand that point of view, although for the good of the club and building the support base,  I don't think it should be too hefty a premium.  2/3 quid will/should make it attractive. 

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

You can look at it the other way. If the club does sell season tickets which are almost the same rate as the initial price why 'early adopt' when you can 'wait and see' ?

This surely would be a disaster for the club if a substantial amount of people did this. I think the first sales were around March /April last year ( when we were still struggling with relegation), what if lots of people waited until November/December to put the money into the club, depending on results of course

Not sure it would be a disaster in all honesty. With the money circulating in football I doubt all the season ticket money covers much in terms of outgoings. We will always sell around a minimum of 8000 so the difference in the big scheme of things is minimal I would assume

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can't people always "wait and see" with half season tickets..?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Following on from the Leeds & Burton threads, which have turned into ticket price/availability discussions, I hope the club have/are making serious plans to maximise sales, should we remain in attractive form. 

After some, understandable, doubts over how this season might go, we know there was an (impressively low) drop off on ST sales. 

Well, surely even the most sceptical must be impressed with our start to the season! Reel them and others in with new ST sales. 

Pro rata from any point, for the remaining games. Add a couple of quid per match to the last sales period price and get them committed. 

Add the benefit of all season tickets purchased before Jan will get first dibs on ST sales IF, IF, IF we were to get promoted and there is the perfect Christmas present for any City fan! (Apart from existing STH, of course!)

Bung in a couple of mates rates deals for any game that might get televised. 

It's not difficult and it's a massive opportunity to maximise potential support. 

I got a pair of half-season STs for my niece and myself in the play-off season: I figured that in the event we did manage to get promotion I would struggle to get hold of a ticket, particularly for away games, on my infrequent trips home.

I have kept my ticket on since then, and my niece has renewed after a couple of years. And on the back of my having a ST, other friends have since purchased, and we are now a block of 6 together. So, whilst an isolated case, it shows it can work to bring in fans to the ST fold.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Can't people always "wait and see" with half season tickets..?

Yes but it's very much the minority rather than the norm. I was thinking there could be a bigger swing if the incentive for not renewing early wasn't there.

I don't think we had half ST's for a few years, were they back last year as they certainly weren't available during the redevelopment.

I'm firmly in the pile it high and sell it cheap camp. Sell out every week or close to it, and by sell out I mean the whole of the Lansdown used. 

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

Not sure it would be a disaster in all honesty. With the money circulating in football I doubt all the season ticket money covers much in terms of outgoings. We will always sell around a minimum of 8000 so the difference in the big scheme of things is minimal I would assume

at an average of around £400 pounds each I would beg to differ, an extra 2.500 is a million quid extra, hardly small potatoes.

Why do so many people want people interested in a ticket half-way through the season to be charged more just for being late-comers? Why does it have to be some sort of elitist situation?

When people pre-order something companies don't then raise the price further down the line. Yeah you might get a free gift early on but that's all. We're all fans of one club here and should want to see the ground full.

If we're going out and saying "John paid £400 for his ticket at the start of the season, now we're half way through we're not going to offer you a half season ticket at £200 but £250..." people are going to feel like they're not valued so much and maybe not want to renew come the end of the season. Keep everyone on the same level and stop thinking you're better for signing up on day one. Fill the ground and just offer them at the cost everyone has paid already to-date. There doesn't have to be an alterior motive about it. Get people in the gates!

10 hours ago, pillred said:

at an average of around £400 pounds each I would beg to differ, an extra 2.500 is a million quid extra, hardly small potatoes.

Can't work that one out...are pay on the day tickets free then? Don't we already take an income from single ticket sales?(Which are priced a lot higher than half season tickets per game).

And no we won't get both. Previous seasons with lower capacity/availability have shown match ticket sales fall away when availability is lower. 

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Can't work that one out...are pay on the day tickets free then? Don't we already take an income from single ticket sales?(Which are priced a lot higher than half season tickets per game).

And no we won't get both. Previous seasons with lower capacity/availability have shown match ticket sales fall away when availability is lower. 

I was talking about full season ticket revenue, frenchred said they don't add up to much revenue in the grand scheme, we are averaging 13,000, he said the difference between that and 8,ooo was minimal it's not it's 2 million quid and it is much better for the club to sell half season tickets really because although pay on the day is more profitable they are unlikely to come 11 times.

18 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Why do so many people want people interested in a ticket half-way through the season to be charged more just for being late-comers? Why does it have to be some sort of elitist situation?

When people pre-order something companies don't then raise the price further down the line. Yeah you might get a free gift early on but that's all. We're all fans of one club here and should want to see the ground full.

If we're going out and saying "John paid £400 for his ticket at the start of the season, now we're half way through we're not going to offer you a half season ticket at £200 but £250..." people are going to feel like they're not valued so much and maybe not want to renew come the end of the season. Keep everyone on the same level and stop thinking you're better for signing up on day one. Fill the ground and just offer them at the cost everyone has paid already to-date. There doesn't have to be an alterior motive about it. Get people in the gates!

Yes they do. Holidays, cars, houses. Allsorts of major spend items are cheaper the earlier you buy. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes they do. Holidays, cars, houses. Allsorts of major spend items are cheaper the earlier you buy. 

Why do people here have to feel like they're superior though? Why can't everyone just be happy more people want to buy into watching live and in person at the same effective price they paid? Why does it need to be more or rather they not be around?

10 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Why do people here have to feel like they're superior though? Why can't everyone just be happy more people want to buy into watching live and in person at the same effective price they paid? Why does it need to be more or rather they not be around?

I agree, in general. Although I can see why people who buy off the back of "success" should pay a bit more than people who committed regardless. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree, in general. Although I can see why people who buy off the back of "success" should pay a bit more than people who committed regardless. 

But for some people it isnt a case of waiting to see how the club is doing.

I'd have a season ticket if I could afford it, but couldn't.

Things may be taking a change for the better soon, which could possibly lead to me being able to afford a half-season ticket. 

How City are doing in the league has no bearing on my decision.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

But for some people it isnt a case of waiting to see how the club is doing.

I'd have a season ticket if I could afford it, but couldn't.

Things may be taking a change for the better soon, which could possibly lead to me being able to afford a half-season ticket. 

How City are doing in the league has no bearing on my decision.

Tough, everyone here with a ST is better than you. Go away part-timer, pay extra or nobody wants you and your excuses.

On 14/10/2017 at 20:40, Robin TBW said:

Tough, everyone here with a ST is better than you. Go away part-timer, pay extra or nobody wants you and your excuses.

I get that from my mates when I miss a game through illness or wife naggingness 

On 12/10/2017 at 13:36, Bristol Rob said:

Not calling anyone a superfan, just pointing out that the early adopters didn't know what they were buying in terms of performance, so if people were able to buy once they know the lay of the land, they can’t expect such favourable terms.

Yes but you got food vouchers for buying early......

Archived