IGNORED

Burton Albion taking part in a documentry at Ashton Gate?

Never to the dark side

This has been stolen from the Burton Albion site

Not sure if any City CAN take part

May be send text message and tell them up front your a City follower

The Guardian newspaper are making a documentary to go on their website about how away fans are affected by game times these days due to TV scheduling.

We want away fans opinions and to also show what it's like, from a fans perspective, going to away games at inconvenient times.

We are looking for fans traveling to the game tomorrow in Bristol. Family members traveling by car would be great - but we'd like to hear from anyone who's up for being on camera.

Anyone traveling to the game who'd be up for being on camera, please let us know here or call/text: 07928 619231 Or anyone able to help us find people going - please get in touch too.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The game was changed due to a fixture clash. R*vers are at home to Oxford on Saturday and so City switched the fixture. Nothing to do with tv rights or anything. 

In effect the date alteration is totally due to the fact that EFL fixture compilers chose, deliberately, to ignore the golden rule that, because Avon & Somerset Police refuse to allow both clubs to play at home on the same day, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers must never be allocated a home game on the same day.  

Both Bristol Clubs must do their utmost to ensure that the EFL never break the rule again.

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

In effect the date alteration is totally due to the fact that EFL fixture compilers chose, deliberately, to ignore the golden rule that, because Avon & Somerset Police refuse to allow both clubs to play at home on the same day, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers must never be allocated a home game on the same day.  

Both Bristol Clubs must do their utmost to ensure that the EFL never break the rule again.

I don't think normally it should be a problem, we don't require a large police presence against Burton but I think there is quite a lot of history between the Gas and Oxford. It's a bit daft to still believe that both teams can't play on the same day I think, surely there is more option for trouble having the matches on different days? Their 'fans' could if they wanted attend our match tonight or group outside, and ours tomorrow.

I'm going to film a documentary tonight, on what it feels like and the emotional attachment that you get to your club, when they have a Blue home kit. 

If any City fans would like to come along and give me their thoughts on that, and how you feel about it, I'd love to hear from you. 

In other news on their forum (brilliantly titled cloughthemagicdragon) it would appear a city fan wrote their preview of the game http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3177/bristol-city-burton-fear-worst?page=1&scrollTo=47532 

High praise indeed, lets make sure we dont let them down

Edit: read the whole thing.. some amusing inaccuracies, Baker played 100 prem games?

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

In other news on their forum (brilliantly titled cloughthemagicdragon) it would appear a city fan wrote their preview of the game http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3177/bristol-city-burton-fear-worst?page=1&scrollTo=47532 

High praise indeed, lets make sure we dont let them down

Edit: read the whole thing.. some amusing inaccuracies, Baker played 100 prem games?

And OP saying Gary Johnson is a good manager...

Archived