IGNORED

Stadium Lighting (Merged)

PFree

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

My own theory on it is regarding the lighting being kept on in the stands, is not so much for H&S...but for CCTV, and making filming and viewing the fans easier.

I think there's something in that and it's probably a reason. Hope it's not that..

My own cynical theory is to also encourage fans to keep using the bars and outlets during the game. If it's dark with lots of people focusing on the game people may not feel obliged to buy a quick drink or snack.. with the lights on you feel subconsciously more able.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

As for Mr Kelly being personally liable....he did confirm this in a previous thread. Which imo...is a ridiculous situation for any one man to be in. Of course he's going to side on the err of caution, regardless of what the majority of fans want....it's his job at stake.

That is a difficult situation. I'd be extra cautious too if it were me so I understand his position on this. 

When the club gets things wrong, we moan. When the club gets it right, we must applaud.

The boards were much better tonight - not obscuring the play, but I'm sure the advertisers would have been satisfied about their exposure. Good job and thank you! :clap:

I wear glasses, it's a real pain. The glare gradient from top to bottom is horrendous. The previous night game I cleaned my glasses on numerous occasions  thinking the lenses were smeared. Can't say I enjoy night games much, especially with the added problem of snails pace traffic and parking issues. Maybe give night games a miss in future.

48 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

When the club gets things wrong, we moan. When the club gets it right, we must applaud.

The boards were much better tonight - not obscuring the play, but I'm sure the advertisers would have been satisfied about their exposure. Good job and thank you! :clap:

Agreed.

Advertising boards were a lot better, the PA was improved but still needs work.

Hi Robbo! As per my email this evening to you, I was indeed there. E33 row 18 for half and hour up to kick off with my AV colleague.  Stood on the steps.   I agree that the recorded content isn't clear.  We've got a few solutions lined up, we don't believe it's the PA but an issue with the transformation of sound through the Recordings.   Update further soon 

2 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Hi Robbo! As per my email this evening to you, I was indeed there. E33 row 18 for half and hour up to kick off with my AV colleague.  Stood on the steps.   I agree that the recorded content isn't clear.  We've got a few solutions lined up, we don't believe it's the PA but an issue with the transformation of sound through the Recordings.   Update further soon 

There must be a problem with your emails, because only an hour ago Robbored had still not received it :whistle:.

19 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

And it taken you 18/12 to discover there's a sound problem, despite the complaints regularly posted on here? 

That's  simply not good enough. It's downright poor customer service in my view.

Unfortunately I didn't arrive at my seat untill the game kicked off so missed MKellys  visit. Had I been there I'd have expressed my views on this longstanding fiasco personally.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And it taken you 18/12 to discover there's a sound problem, despite the complaints regularly posted on here? 

That's  simply not good enough. It's downright poor customer service in my view.

Unfortunately I didn't arrive at my seat untill the game kicked off so missed MKellys  visit. Had I been there I'd have expressed my views on this longstanding fiasco personally.

Would you have given him 2/2 barrels?

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good to see you keeping a sensible perspective on things Robbored.

11 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

I did think people were being dramatic but this is just stupid

claiming health and safety but how does the hippodrome for example get away with it during a show?

image.jpeg

@Mkelly

Simple question, do you think it is acceptable to have that light shining at you throughout a game of football? 

As I said in my original post, the theatre, nightclubs, music events, all seem to get away with near pitch black during performances. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

MKelly never showed up...................:facepalm:

I arrived right on kick off so maybe he was there before I arrived but none of the guys around me said they saw anyone.

Same at ht.

He was there Al, along with a member of the IT team, to meet you before kick off, at the time and place which you agreed. They waited for 15 minutes, having responded specifically to your request for a meeting. You were the one who didn't show up!

3 minutes ago, Dave L said:

He was there Al, along with a member of the IT team, to meet you before kick off, at the time and place which you agreed. They waited for 15 minutes, having responded specifically to your request for a meeting. You were the one who didn't show up!

I was late Dave. Got chatting in the SC and forgot the time. Arrived at my seat just as game kicked off.

At least he experienced how poor the sound quality is - although it was marginally better yesterday than it has been.

I find it immensely irritating that MKelly is only now acting on what has been a long standing issue ever since the rebuild was completed around 18/12 ago. He's been quite aware of the poor sound quality the whole time but done nothing as yet to rectify it. Had I been there earlier I would have told him directly my views on the matter.

Hopefully come the Leeds match on Saturday we'll have a tannoy that's finally  fit for purpose but I won't be holding my breath......

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

MKelly never showed up...................:facepalm:

I arrived right on kick off so maybe he was there before I arrived but none of the guys around me said they saw anyone.

Same at ht.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was late Dave. Got chatting in the SC and forgot the time. Arrived at my seat just as game kicked off.

At least he experienced how poor the sound quality is - although it was marginally better yesterday than it has been.

I find it immensely irritating that MKelly is only now acting on what has been a long standing issue ever since the rebuild was completed around 18/12 ago. He's been quite aware of the poor sound quality the whole time but done nothing as yet to rectify it. Had I been there earlier I would have told him directly my views on the matter.

Hopefully come the Leeds match on Saturday we'll have a tannoy that's finally  fit for purpose but I won't be holding my breath......

So you're facepalming Mark for "not showing up" but are now admitting you were 15 minutes late for your pre-planned meeting having lost track of time?

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you're facepalming Mark for "not showing up" but are now admitting you were 15 minutes late for your pre-planned meeting having lost track of time?

We didn't arrange a precise time CR. if we had, say 2.45pm then I'd have been there.

Archived