IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread 12

6 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Two points dropped: what a pity! 

Our first half performance was ok,but in the second half we really lacked quality: Burton's good defending and the referee made the rest.

We don't have a good enough midfield. We are so close to be being a good side. We just needed that creator. Why oh why did we not make it a priority. 

• Thanks 1

From the bits I did manage see nothing wrong with the defence, but the overall performance lacked any pace and zero creativity in midfield, free kicks, corners and crosses were poor, everybody in midfield struggled to make an impact and Reid didn't help much forever giving the ball away, Diedhiou is so frustrating I don't know whether he lacks balance but sometimes he really does have to be much stronger than he is at times.

But hey I had a feeling that this would happen, another clean sheet so we didn't lose.

The referee was a joke, the Burton goalkeeper was taking the piss out of him from minute one, he had a shocker, but to be honest i'm not sure we did enough to win the game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Burton did well . Scrapping, ugly but efficient. 

Job done for them .

We missed a bit of quality in the final third .

Fammy didn't have a lot of joy and was constantly fouled.

Not a very joined up performance.

We never looked in danger. 

Ref absolutely terrible.

On to the next ,bad day at the office .

Burton gave a warnock performance there,I'm sure the stats men on here will tell us how many shots on target we had

14 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Not there for personal reasons ( glad my ticket got used!) so, disappointing- yes BUT, this was the banana skin match compared to Cardiff last year and we are still unbeaten ( apart from Brum), 3rd in league & I get a perverse pleasure from seeing Tomlin sat on the bench for Cardiff!

Indeed.

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Better not let the Sags get wind of that mind!

Exactly. 7-1. :fear:

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I meant the game not so much us so don't jump down my throat son. You can shove your stats as well if your not here watching it then I'm surprised it's not 90% tbh

Touchy. It's a forum. We discuss opinions.

"son"? Please don't patronise me, I'm 61.

And yes, I was at the game thanks.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

He's one of a few on here who thinks it's like Football Manager where you can just continue signing players without any regard to fees, wages, squad size or how they fit in.

Absolute rubbish. If anyone thinks we don't need one then not sure what game you are watching. Midfield continues to be our weak spot year in year out

• Like 1