IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread 12

• Admin
19 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Yep. It's so annoying. LJ himself was a sideways player. But even he should know you need a class centre mid to progress. He simply must invest in this 

That's exactly where he's looking next imo. From that Facebook live interview, his favourite player he played alongside was Noble and when asked which player he'd want if he could sign any from the Championship he named Bannan.

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

It was a game that nothing worked, ok defence good as usual. Think Flint blocked  a dangerous shot. We could have lost, imagine. Burton parked the bus and we did not find the keys. Shit happens, not many cross or passes was good. Anyway, another clean sheet and now move forward. Always believe, COYR!!!

I wonder if Pisano and Taylor would make a difference with Reid in midfield? 

I thought  we played well tonight. Just ran out of steam at the end. On another night where the best inter play up front just falls the right way, we easily win 2 or 3 nil.

As for Burton, what's the problem? They literally did the only thing they could. I've got no problem with that, the ref should have been more wise to it, but hey ho.

Welcome to life as a decent championship side.

Nigel Clough's old man must be spinning in his grave after that 12 men behind the ball shite his boy just served up.  They wasted time from the first few minutes, faked injuries, failed to return the ball after faking injuries and basically never ventured out of their first third.  I remember a few away sides parking the bus under Wilson but I've never seen anything like that, to put only three or four players ahead of the ball when they have a free kick 10 yards inside our half says it all.  I hope Burton get relegated with extreme prejudice, twice if possible.

The referee should be taken to the nearest glue factory and recycled as PVA.  He was without a shadow of a doubt the worst official I can remember seeing at Ashton Gate.  Not only was he hugely over fussy about where free kicks were taken from he was entirely inconsistent in his decisions, failed to use a stopwatch properly, got conned for the entire game, bottled out of a clear red card, bottled out of a clear yellow for delaying the restart and forgot basics like making a player receiving treatment leave the field.  He was atrocious to the point where I would investigate betting patterns.

As for us, we contrived to **** up just about every final ball.  Aside from that we were good.  There's little else to say, it was very frustrating.

• Like 9

@Nibor, I won't quote your post but well said. Totally agree and I can feel the frustration of the players trying to play against that.   They never had any intention to play and got a point the only way they can. Got to feel sorry for their fans watching that week in week out and clinging on to Championship status when they really shouldn't. 

Got to hope we got our psychologists working overtime as the players need to believe this isn't the start of a bad run. Bring on Leeds, at least they will come and play and make a game out of it.

4 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

I am amazed a 2nd tier football club genuinely kicked the ball out for a throw in so they could go back to defending. 

I am obviously not expecting any team to roll over for us but how the hell are Burton a championship club.

25% possession and most of that time taking goal kicks. Truly pathetic, made Bolton look decent.

God, that was frustrating. Boring boring Burton got exactly what they came for...and we weren't good enough in the final third to break them down (although we seemed unlucky with the disallowed goal). It was just one of those games and we looked less likely to score as time went on.

The attendance was good considering the tiny away following and the crowd were supportive of the team throughout.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Nigel Clough's old man must be spinning in his grave after that 12 men behind the ball shite his boy just served up.  They wasted time from the first few minutes, faked injuries, failed to return the ball after faking injuries and basically never ventured out of their first third.  I remember a few away sides parking the bus under Wilson but I've never seen anything like that, to put only three or four players ahead of the ball when they have a free kick 10 yards inside our half says it all.  I hope Burton get relegated with extreme prejudice, twice if possible.

The referee should be taken to the nearest glue factory and recycled as PVA.  He was without a shadow of a doubt the worst official I can remember seeing at Ashton Gate.  Not only was he hugely over fussy about where free kicks were taken from he was entirely inconsistent in his decisions, failed to use a stopwatch properly, got conned for the entire game, bottled out of a clear red card, bottled out of a clear yellow for delaying the restart and forgot basics like making a player receiving treatment leave the field.  He was atrocious to the point where I would investigate betting patterns.

As for us, we contrived to **** up just about every final ball.  Aside from that we were good.  There's little else to say, it was very frustrating.

I take it when you said 12 men behind the ball you were including the ref!!

Just looked back at their results for September, they seem to get a few thrashings at home 0-4 for both Villa and Wolves and a 5-0 defeat at Leeds, but there are a couple of 0-0 away draws at Norwich and QPR which aren't too shabby either. Add the point they got from us last night and you can see how they try to play away from home. They won't get such a sympathetic (or perhaps pathetic) Ref again I don't think. As long as we go back and take 3 points when we visit them  I think it will be justified. 

Im not happy we couldn't do a Leeds and break them, I'm not thinking our performance was great. We can play better, much better and will need to be able to counter these teams. But we have played the Bolton, Millwalls at home anyway. Not sure if there is another team who would play so cynical, maybe Warnocks lot against us?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BigTone said:

There you have it back down to earth with a bit of a bump. There are no easy games in this division. Negative or not Burton did their job and went home happy bunnies. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Exactly. If there's one good thing about a game like that, it's that it will take some of the froth off the positive overreactions when we win.

We're a decent team but not world beaters. Nor are we awful. Still happy with mid table if we slip a bit.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Can't help but think Taylor would have made a difference. He has movement and forward thinking approach. Woodrow appears to be something about nothing. 

I agree, is there an issue with not playing Taylor,? he used to playing against lower league teams and is a bit of a poacher.

Why is anyone moaning about Burton, they start the season in a relegation battle, a point for them goes towards their survival. We are top scorers , what did anyone expect , they come to attack ? I would think extending an unbeaten run is more than enough to keep the positivity going. If we are a comfortable mid table side this year, that is huge progress. Do not forget what happened last year at this point, we were in the same lofty position and plummeted.