IGNORED

Bristol City F.C.and Ashton Gate as You First Knew Them

Nogbad the Bad

6 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I’m doing one for my grandson, whose yet to be born!

1) Debut: Feb 2028

2) Chairman: Jon Lansdown 

3) Manager: Lee Johnson

4) Which division were City in?: Prem, obviously 

5) What were the 4 sides of Ashton Gate?: Lansdown Stand, South Stand, Dolman Stand & new two tier Atyeo Stand, wrapping around from the Lansdown 

6) Which part of the ground was I in that day?: South Stand (East End, of course)

7) Why did I first go to to AG?: Grandad insisted 

8) First memory: The noise, the flags, Section 82 was immense!

9) Which City player was idolised in song that day?: Tammy Abraham, definitely worth the £250M we paid Chelsea for him.

10) Memorable other chant from that day: “We’re top of the Prem, we’re top....”

11) 'What got me hooked?: Tammy’s hat trick, beating Man Utd 4-0, but most of all being part of the best family in the world 

When are you going for your brain scan? Seriously, though, I hope I'm still around then if that comes true.

1) August 1970 v West Ham United

2) Chairman: HD

3) Manager: AD (I often wonder how a combination of Lansdown's finances and the ability of Dicks to spot young talent and build a team would succeed.  However it seems to me that there are now many parallels with those years of the early '70's in trying to build a young team and with the Chairman refusing to give into pressure from the fans and backing his manager). 

4) Div. 2 (Championship)

5) What were the 4 sides of Ashton Gate?: Covered End (terraces) Grandstand (seating) & Enclosure in front (terraces) Open End (terraces)  Dolman Stand (seating)

6) Grandstand 

7) Just after the Mexico World Cup and parents wanted me to see Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst

8) First memory: The noise. 

9) Which City player was idolised in song that day?: Can't remember but Gerry Sharpe scored the winning goal. .

10) Memorable other chant from that day: See 9 above. 

11) 'What got me hooked?: Quickly got hooked after a few games and even though I moved away at 14 in 1974 still take a keen interest in the club and my son is now a fervent City supporter.  Quite ridiculous in a man in his later 50's but the City result determines my mood for the next couple of days.   

Archived