IGNORED

Aden Flint

Red Army 75

Refreshing (I think?!) to hear him come out and basically say 'yeah I was chasing the money' (not that it wasn't obvious)....

Not many would be welcomed back with open arms after that and it shows the impact he's had on the fans. 

On the other hand I'd take it as read that he'll be off next year if we dont have a very strong season!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Refreshing (I think?!) to hear him come out and basically say 'yeah I was chasing the money' (not that it wasn't obvious)....

Not many would be welcomed back with open arms after that and it shows the impact he's had on the fans. 

On the other hand I'd take it as read that he'll be off next year if we dont have a very strong season!

Let's be honest though. Birmingham would have significantly increased his wages. If it was any other industry then no one would bat an eyelid at someone looking for more money at a different company.

I have no issue with players chasing money as long as they behave, like Aden did according to LJ, which was with the utmost professionalism. He didn't refuse to play or throw his toys out the pram when it didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Let's be honest though. Birmingham would have significantly increased his wages. If it was any other industry then no one would bat an eyelid at someone looking for more money at a different company.

I have no issue with players chasing money as long as they behave, like Aden did according to LJ, which was with the utmost professionalism. He didn't refuse to play or throw his toys out the pram when it didn't happen.

Absolutely agree with this . At the time rumours take over . Which is natural. But AF has been professional . Fair play 

Just now, RaspberryRed said:

Would be much appreciated

AF talked to LJ about transfer during August. AF grateful to fans for welcoming him back. He never thought he'd have the dream job of being a pro footballer. He knows what it's like to have a full time job and be up at 5am to lay tarmac. He and the team are serious about not letting the international break affect the league position after what happened last year.

AF wants to show off a new GIF with Marlon if they get a chance. And finally, it seems he drinks coffee when out with his mates.

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So Lee Johnson's comment that Aden's "head had been turned" was on the money ( pardon the pun), despite the numerous critical comments on here that Aden was being forced out of the club.

If Flint was "chasing the money", as the man himself now confirms,  then the club were acting prudently by bringing in Baker, and I must admit that at that time I could see Baker and Wright perhaps being the club's best defensive partnership, and indeed they looked to be just that  at the start of the season. PIssano's injury proved to be a lifesaver for Flint,  but credit where it's due, Flint has been completely professional and has taken the chance so that when all our defenders are fit LJ is going to have a very difficult selection dilemma.

28 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Oh absolutely. Not knocking Flint and appreciate his honesty than tying to BS his way out of it. 

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

So Lee Johnson's comment that Aden's "head had been turned" was on the money ( pardon the pun), despite the numerous critical comments on here that Aden was being forced out of the club.

If Flint was "chasing the money", as the man himself now confirms,  then the club were acting prudently by bringing in Baker, and I must admit that at that time I could see Baker and Wright perhaps being the club's best defensive partnership, and indeed they looked to be just that  at the start of the season. PIssano's injury proved to be a lifesaver for Flint,  but credit where it's due, Flint has been completely professional and has taken the chance so that when all our defenders are fit LJ is going to have a very difficult selection dilemma.

It was plain to see for anyone with an ounce of common sense (or anyone who wasn't massively anti LJ) that the situation was one of Flint's own making. 

30 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

AF talked to LJ about transfer during August. AF grateful to fans for welcoming him back. He never thought he'd have the dream job of being a pro footballer. He knows what it's like to have a full time job and be up at 5am to lay tarmac. He and the team are serious about not letting the international break affect the league position after what happened last year.

AF wants to show off a new GIF with Marlon if they get a chance. And finally, it seems he drinks coffee when out with his mates.

Is he a bog-standard "regular coffee with maybe some milk" sort of a lad, or some irritating "Skimmed soy latte with caramel shot, chocolate sprinkles and a pumpkin-cinammon stick" arsehole I often find myself stood behind at various coffee shops?

11 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

or some irritating "Skimmed soy latte with caramel shot, chocolate sprinkles and a pumpkin-cinammon stick" arsehole I often find myself stood behind at various coffee shops?

Funny @One Team In Keynsham you always struck me as a Iced, Half Caff, Ristretto, Venti, 4-Pump, Sugar Free, Cinnamon, Dolce Soy Skinny Latte kinda guy!

13 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Is he a bog-standard "regular coffee with maybe some milk" sort of a lad, or some irritating "Skimmed soy latte with caramel shot, chocolate sprinkles and a pumpkin-cinammon stick" arsehole I often find myself stood behind at various coffee shops?

Come on, do you honestly think Flinty is a chocolate sprinkles sort of bloke. Well coffee is a step up from builders tea I guess. 

5 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Funny @One Team In Keynsham you always struck me as a Iced, Half Caff, Ristretto, Venti, 4-Pump, Sugar Free, Cinnamon, Dolce Soy Skinny Latte kinda guy!

Does that actually exist? If it does, I'm amazed if anyone on here would order it! :yes: 

I'm just a Latte bloke and find the knobs that order all the other stuff are generally pretentious cockwombles. No doubt our friend from Henbury ends up with a coffee akin to something Del Boy would sup! :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Does that actually exist? If it does, I'm amazed if anyone on here would order it! :yes: 

I'm just a Latte bloke and find the knobs that order all the other stuff are generally pretentious cockwombles. No doubt our friend from Henbury ends up with a coffee akin to something Del Boy would sup! :whistle:

A long time since I have been to a café in Bristol, but do they serve coffee with little umbrellas now then?

Archived