IGNORED

BCTV

old_eastender

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

First time using this service and it's working perfectly for me. My only criticism is the camera man. It's often far too zoomed in and makes it difficult to watch. 

Agree he was slow to keep up at times.

Just now, Dan Robin said:

Another match, another good streaming experience (only 1 reload).

Me too.

F ine for me though had to re-load at ht.  Started to judder during the last few minutes but good picture though camera-work left a lot to be desired.  Annoyed that so many games will be televised during december which means that we subscribers to BCTV will lose out.

@AdamB

On a positive note my last two experiences of the live video feed have been good. 

However I really want to champion an issue with the camera work that is being done. 

I have a few questions. Is the camera man (CM) an employee?. If so do we have any degree of control over this person. Are we supposed to have more cameras at Ashton Gate? I understood there to be three.However yesterday there was only 2. 

It appears that the two cameras we actually side by side in the Upper Lansdown. If there was a producer running the feed, he would change between the two cameras and show almost the identical shot.

The biggest problem is the constant zooming in and out. Can we not have one camera for close ups and the other to "follow" the game. 

The camera following the game needs to show the two touchlines in the same shot or at least the whole of the 18 yard area and the opposite touch line on a partial zoom.

The camera should be zoomed out for 90 minutes and a smooth movement tracking play. 

Unfortunately on BCTV we don't have that. We have a CM who zooms in on play and as a result we miss much of the off the ball action. 

The CM only needs to watch a televised  this weekend to see what he is doing actually detracts from the overall experience. His work is not correct for delivering football matches.

I am happy to discuss this with you further and happy to pass on my cell number. 

The live stream could be so much better. I don't think I am alone in these thoughts. But a tweak here and tweak there would massively improve the overall experience.

Cheers 

Steve 

Archived