IGNORED

Eliasson, not a good 55 minutes

brady bunch

2 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Oh dear me, I am sure there is more to come from the lad, but that was poor. 

Defenders knew he only has one foot and snuffed him out every time. 3 touchs to control it at times.

I'm sure there is a reason why he started because he wasn't good enough to start before the international break so something has changed 

Leko at least tried to beat his man, Eliasson just checked out all the time. Very disappointing. To be fair no City player managed to get quality crosses in, even Bryan on the few occasions he got forward only gave their goalie catching practice. Pato, Leko etc all persistently failed to get their crosses past the first defender. As others have said needed better movement and really missed Taylor, also strange the COD never got a look in even off the bench. Woodrow offered nothing and Reid was lost when pushed back into midfield. Add to this Diedhiou often letting the ball bounce off him 2 yards and hardly surprising their keeper was virtually untested.

No lack of effort, but a real lack of quality.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Leko at least tried to beat his man, Eliasson just checked out all the time. Very disappointing. To be fair no City player managed to get quality crosses in, even Bryan on the few occasions he got forward only gave their goalie catching practice. Pato, Leko etc all persistently failed to get their crosses past the first defender. As others have said needed better movement and really missed Taylor, also strange the COD never got a look in even off the bench. Woodrow offered nothing and Reid was lost when pushed back into midfield. Add to this Diedhiou often letting the ball bounce off him 2 yards and hardly surprising their keeper was virtually untested.

Yeah sounds like we have a real lack of quality in the side. Despite being beat only once this season.

Eliasson not going to cut the mustard. Woodrow, can we send him back? Diedhiou couldn't trap a bag of cement.

That's three 0/0 away results for Burton so was never going to be a given just because weve hit the top six.

Just because we couldn't break them down tonight doesn't mean we lack quality, time will tell on that lets see how were preforming in the next six weeks.  If were still up around the top six come the new year, then it's time to maybe get excited and for sure this time there will be a couple of class incomings.

Just can't see why the 0/0 tonight should take anything away from results in the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Wasn't a great home debut and I thought LJ was right on the radio when asked to agree with that but also to point out that he got no help.  I'd rather we played him left sided players on the left and right sided players on the right.

Absolutely, that's the only way to get wide men to take the ball past their marker and get in behind to make telling crosses.

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He was poor, so was Leko and even Paterson wasn't at his best.

One of those nights O'Dowda pressed his claim for a start without even playing.

No-one played well. Every City player was under par. No point in highlighting one or two.

Burton got what they came for. They could have been managed by Colin with all the feigning injury, time wasting and general disruptive play. 

I hate to say it but fair play to them.

56 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Was better than Leko

43 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Totally agree with all said, well done sir.

What I couldn't understand is why we constantly played it to the wide men while they were stood on the touchline. It was crying out for a ball played inside the full back for Eliasson to run on to. Poor tactics imo .

Maybe BW doesn't naturally see that ball as he is really a CB not RB, so not used to pairing up with a wide man. There were several times in the first half when a ball inside the FB was the obvious option but he didn't play it. Something I feel should be pointed out to them by the coaching team. Poor attacking play all round tonight.

1 hour ago, brady bunch said:

Oh dear me, I am sure there is more to come from the lad, but that was poor. 

Defenders knew he only has one foot and snuffed him out every time. 3 touchs to control it at times.

Wasn’t that bad. Was ok first half, some nice whipped in crosses. Looked more threatening than Leko.

Some promising early signs from Eliasson - some of those crosses were tailor made for Đurić.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I'm sure there is a reason why he started because he wasn't good enough to start before the international break so something has changed 

It's been commented on that he sometimes switches off with regards his defensive duties and runners. So I presume LJ thought that this was as good as it gets with regards to not having to worry about that side of the game. And to be fair, he was right. Unfortunately the things he is good at didn't shine through tonight. But you could say that about 6 other players tonight also. COYR

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No-one played well. Every City player was under par. No point in highlighting one or two.

Burton got what they came for. They could have been managed by Colin with all the feigning injury, time wasting and general disruptive play. 

I hate to say it but fair play to them.

Rubbish.

Flint was absolutely outstanding, even trying to make play when others around him couldn't.

Wright did nothing wrong either,.

Archived