IGNORED

Korey Smith injury

And Its Smith

Back to his best, showing the form that made him such a favourite at Norwich.

Korey and Josh are an excellent partnership, Im happy to be proven wrong but I don't think Pack is good enough for a team with play off aspirations, he loses possession too much and is too slow to get the ball out of his feet and move the play forward, weve got some tough fixtures ahead Smith will be a huge miss.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Back to his best, showing the form that made him such a favourite at Norwich.

Korey and Josh are an excellent partnership, Im happy to be proven wrong but I don't think Pack is good enough for a team with play off aspirations, he loses possession too much and is too slow to get the ball out of his feet and move the play forward, weve got some tough fixtures ahead Smith will be a huge miss.

Agree, Pack's lack of pace has always been his Achilles hill and although he provides a "steady" option and has good defensive aerial capability, offensively he is poor. If, and for me is a very big if, we have play off aspirations, we need a better CM option than Pack. 

Korey will be a big miss whilst he is out.

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

don't think Pack is good enough for a team with play off aspirations, he loses possession too much and is too slow to get the ball out of his feet and move the play forward,

I'm a big fan of Korey, but harsh on Pack.  Pack did get caught a couple of times last night, but that were more down to the way Burton squeezed all the space between the lines and left no forward pass for Pack. 

Much as I like Korey, he is more prone to getting caught in possession than Pack and his passing is generally not as good.  Pack does lack pace, but even without Korey's injury I'd have been inclined to bring him on because of his ability to switch play out to the wings.  Shame we got no joy from out wide.

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Door opening for Jens....

Quality player,due game time.

Has yet to prove himself as a quality player and looked shocking in midfield last season.  Dropping him was one of the factors in turning our dreadful run around.

i thought Pack did ok last night.  Other players disappointed me far more in the second half, particularly Bryan and Paterson.  

It was an all round poor performance and I don't think Pack was noticeably worse or better than anyone else; did they even bother to announce a man of the match? I didn't hear it.

I think the midfield 2 out of 3 have all done well so far this season, and if Korey is out we'll cope. Buy fingers crossed he's ok.

I'm not a Smith fan but have to say, I thought he was superb last night up to his injury. His passing was sharp, he was lively and looked to get forward. At one point I thought he was asked to play more forward than Brownhill. One bit of fantastic skill right in front of the Dolman. Get fit soon Korey and play like you did last night. 

I am a big Korey Smith fan and we will miss him greatly. Even a strain can niggle you for months to come, so he needs to give it a good rest and not try to come back too soon.  He certainly offers something Marlon Pack doesnt offer defensively so perhaps it would be worth giving Jens another go.  I do think he has something to offer and is great cover for both midfield and centre back roles (though having seen him a few times, he does look better at the back).

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

So pack has one bad half all season and some are slating him. Unbelievable. Yes Korey will be missed but marlon dictates a game. So many short sighted on here it's unreal. 

Felt like 3 weeks ago people wanted Smith to be dropped and that Pack was the saviour of the midfield.

Both have patches of form and that’s normal... Smith needs to be fully fit and pack needs a game where he doesn’t have way to much pressure to deliver. (My view anyway).

Archived